Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Which RB do you want as our starter this year
Shaun Alexander 6 7.32%
Chris Brown 12 14.63%
Ahman Green 10 12.20%
Chris Taylor 18 21.95%
Darius Walker 4 4.88%
Kevin Jones 4 4.88%
A Rookie 23 28.05%
Other 5 6.10%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2008   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 57275 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which RB would you like to see in Battle Red next year?

Its a poll, for all the rumored available RBs out there, who do you want to see as our starter this year?

Last edited by gtexan02; 03-13-2008 at 04:12 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which RB would you like to see in Battle Red next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its a poll, for all the rumored available RBs out there
Well I have been pushing for Stewart but not too sure how his injured toe will come into play. Mendenhall if there? I think Jamaal Charles would be great in the ZBS but few agree. I'll say Forte on second day. None of the FA candidates have excited me.

Last edited by badboy; 03-13-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: sp
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Why don't I see the poll?
Picky, picky! ha!
Old 03-13-2008   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Sign me up for Alexander...
I think he's got plenty left in the tank.

As long as it's incentive-based...he'd do well here.
You don't think he is too beat up?
Old 03-13-2008   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The more I think about it, the more I like Chris Brown. He is still young and has great talent. He obviously has had issues with injuries, but I don't think he was injured last season. The Tacks just decided to give White the job. Injury situations can come and go, unless the back is on the wrong side of 30, in which case they usually never go. Given the proper contract, I think Brown is our best chance to end up with a gamebreaker with low risk. Alexander's accomplishments are well known, and I think people tend to not let go soon enough. He's finished. Sure, he might have a game or two, but it would just be Ahman Green all over again, IMO.
Old 03-13-2008   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't seem to find the Dayne train on the list...
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm the lone person in Ahmans corner...so far at least.

I'm an optimist, but I think he'll still give us plenty to cheer about this season.

Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2008   #8
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I'm the lone person in Ahmans corner...so far at least.

I'm an optimist, but I think he'll still give us plenty to cheer about this season.

I'm with ya. I hope Brown/Green will be a good tandem if we do in fact end up signing Brown.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #9
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148234 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Mendenhall plz. Not that I'm biased or anything.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #10
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Jones seems to have the least injury problems.....averaged 1000 yds a season. Close to 4 yards a carry. Great hands, young.....i say lets do it.

Now if we get Brown AND him? I think rest of our division should get some extra gym time.
Old 03-13-2008   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this isn't going to well considering I just heard the Texans have signed Chris Brown & nobody (yet) has selected your newest Houston Texan

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #12
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Tashard Choice
Old 03-13-2008   #13
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I would prefer Rashard Mendenhall, Ray Rice or Johnathon Stewart as my first choice of runners over any of those verterans who could cost more than a rookie. I think we need to continue to build through the draft like most great teams have done unless we take a flyer on a young talent like Kevin Jones and give him a change of scenery from that horrible franchise in detroit. I think if we do take a chance on Kevin Jones I think that we should still draft a running back in the 3rd round maybe a guy like steve slaton to go with him and make a nice 1-2 punch.
Old 03-13-2008   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He obviously has had issues with injuries, but I don't think he was injured last season.
This injury thing is getting overblown. Brown has missed one game due to injury in the last three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Jones seems to have the least injury problems.....averaged 1000 yds a season. Close to 4 yards a carry. .
Man, how do you average? Jones was a 1000 yd back his rookie year and hasn't gone over 690 yds since. Oh, and averaging close to 4 yards sucks.

Brown has signed, so everyone needs to give up on Alexander, Jones and Dayne.
Old 03-13-2008   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Anyone but what we have.

Allen/Wells/Mack/Davis/Danye/Green/Lundi/Taylor/Walker

How many times can we fail? Shoot, one outta 9 looked decent for a season and a half? Other than that it has been mediocre
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I love being right, i voted for brown ...

except I voted after i read about the signing
:elle:
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for the rookie as I'm not convinced about anyone on the roster right now, nor about this Chris Brown fellow they signed today.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Chris Brown.

I would love to have Mendenhall on the team but that is not going to happen. Stewart's lack of a second gear, and his two issue coupled with our need at other positions probably means no 1st or 2nd round RB...so I think the best option might be Brown.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #19
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I voted Chris Brown.

I would love to have Mendenhall on the team but that is not going to happen. Stewart's lack of a second gear, and his two issue coupled with our need at other positions probably means no 1st or 2nd round RB...so I think the best option might be Brown.
This guy can't play a full season are you kidding I say fill the need at running back with either Mendenhall or Stewart. I think stewart has plenty of speed for 235 running back who ran a 4.47 at the combine so kill that noise and name one running back on our roster who 4.47 speed at that size or period?
Old 03-13-2008   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I havn't voted for anyone yet, I will talk myself into someone by the end of my post.

I would love to see Ahman Green as our starter because that would probably mean he was healthy and able to play, however with the signing of Chris Brown (I think), if we have Green AND Brown then that would leave very few other spots for Chris Taylor, Darius Walker, and the rookie we WILL draft somewhere (not 1st round unless it's Mendenhall- then he'd be the starter but he'll be selected before us anyways). I cannot see us having 5 RB's. (This is assuming we don't sign Brown and then release him before the season).

With Brown and Green currently on the roster, I don't really like the idea of having Taylor, Walker, or the new Rook as our starting runningback. I really would like to see these 3 players all on the team. I hope the Rook becomes our Starter down the road (year 2+) but not this year. If Taylor is fully healed, he'd be awesome on the team as a starter or great backup. and I like what Walker showed us towards the end of the season, In my mind he deserves a back up role on the team.

So by process of elimination I will choose... ..thinking.... Chris Brown to be our starter for next year. This kind of troubles me because I really like Ahman Green but i simply can't see us keeping both players and Green would probably be the better player to cut financially for the next few years.

If Brown gets cut in camp then I choose Green hoping/assuming he's healthy but now my choice is Brown. I will go vote now.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read