Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-29-2008   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Dyson visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
His 2008 contract pays Fletcher 1.05 million dollars.

How do we feel about that? He didn't really contribute last year at all that I can remember.
Yes, he did. He had some big plays in several games. He broke up some passes in the end-zone and played some guys hard.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #42
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Huh. I don't remember him making any big plays. Maybe he's worth that amount then.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #43
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Huh. I don't remember him making any big plays. Maybe he's worth that amount then.
In limited playing time, he made 12 tackles, forced a fumble, and defensed 3 passes. I just remember one or two of those defensed passes either in the end-zone (in the Denver game, iirc) or in a big time situation. The fact that we're not talking about him getting burned like Faggins is a good thing, too.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #44
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His 2008 contract pays Fletcher 1.05 million dollars.

How do we feel about that? He didn't really contribute last year at all that I can remember.
The thing about corners is that you never know when you need them. And if you have a crap backup, and he's forced into time, you're really screwed. Fletcher is not a very good player, but there are alot worse, so he is probably worth that million.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #45
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
In limited playing time, he made 12 tackles, forced a fumble, and defensed 3 passes. I just remember one or two of those defensed passes either in the end-zone (in the Denver game, iirc) or in a big time situation. The fact that we're not talking about him getting burned like Faggins is a good thing, too.
That forced fumble led to Mario's td in the season opener fyi.
Old 03-30-2008   #46
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 395 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To compare, everybody's favourite punching bag got a million from the Superbowl champs.
Old 03-30-2008   #47
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Andre Dyson and Fernando Bryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i'll pass on bryant...
i agree, ill pass on franklin but ill take dyson for a bargain. i think we might be able to use him in some defensive packages if not just a special teams player. i would like him to become a texan if and only if we get him for next to nothin.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read