Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2008   #21
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Dyson and Fernando Bryant

I like both Dyson & Bryant the question we need to ask is which has the most left in the Tank and which one of these guys fit our system the best in bump & run coverage? I like both of them because they both have tons of starting experience in big games so they probably could step right in from day one and help our team. I like Fernando Bryant because he has so much starting experience and plus he was former 1st rounder with the Jags the question with him is how much speed does he still have?
Old 03-13-2008   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryant has only 7 INT's in his career. That is pretty pitiful.
Old 03-13-2008   #23
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Agreed.

I think this is something that a lot of folks miss out on when it comes to FA. Just because we're not signing high-dollar stud FA's doesn't mean that we're not improving the roster.

Think of it as incremental improvement. It may not be hugely gratifying, but it works.

After all, how many times have we seen the Redskins go bananas in FA and sign a handful of overpriced FA's in the offseason only to go 7-9 or 6-10? Throwing around tons of cash isn't always the solution unless you're one or two pieces away from that SB ring. We're not that close and I think that a lot of what Rick and Gary are doing is smart.

Doubly smart, actually, given our injury history. A number 4 CB may not be that important to another team but when you've got a history of going through players like most people go through napkins at a BBQ joint - well, those depth guys are important
Psht Drew come on man.... at 8-8 you can get into the playoffs in the NFC. Unlike those teams in the AFC central that finish 8-8 and get fourth in the division still.

all ribbing aside great post.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeez, do these on air types like Matt Jackson just pull stuff out of their posteriors? He just said he preferred Bryant because he gambles to try to make the big play.

Hmmm, Bryant 9 years, 7 Int's, 2 FF vs. Dyson 7 years, 22 Int's, 4 FF. Sure seems like his logic is bass ackwards.
Old 03-14-2008   #25
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Jeez, do these on air types like Matt Jackson just pull stuff out of their posteriors? He just said he preferred Bryant because he gambles to try to make the big play.

Hmmm, Bryant 9 years, 7 Int's, 2 FF vs. Dyson 7 years, 22 Int's, 4 FF. Sure seems like his logic is bass ackwards.
Naw, it's just that new math stuff. Kinda confusing you ask me.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #26
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

............any new news on either Dyson or Bryant?
Old 03-19-2008   #27
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
............any new news on either Dyson or Bryant?
Bryant is visiting St. Louis & Denver.
Old 03-19-2008   #28
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he decides to come here. I think he can do well with us.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #29
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryant signed with the Patriots.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...oins-the-pats/

Quote:
The New England Patriots have begun the process of rebuilding a secondary depleted by free agency by signing cornerback Fernando Bryant.

A league source tells us that Bryant has signed a one-year deal with Pats.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #30
camron1269
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 camron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVPcamron1269 was voted MVP

bryant sucks.
if we get dyson do you guys think we will still get a corner in round 1? that would give us bennett, faggins, reeves, dyson, fletcher, and of course robinson when he returns. even though i dont see 2 legit starters outside of dunta (bennet might) i dont think the front office would invest a 1st round pick on a corner after getting reeves and dyson. fletcher was decent last year too. he made a nice play on brandon marshall to prevent a TD i remember that much.
camron1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by camron1269 View Post
bryant sucks.
if we get dyson do you guys think we will still get a corner in round 1? that would give us bennett, faggins, reeves, dyson, fletcher, and of course robinson when he returns. even though i dont see 2 legit starters outside of dunta (bennet might) i dont think the front office would invest a 1st round pick on a corner after getting reeves and dyson. fletcher was decent last year too. he made a nice play on brandon marshall to prevent a TD i remember that much.
I don't think adding Dyson has any effect on whether or not we get a corner in round 1. Nor do I think that adding Chris Brown precluded picking a RB in the first round. We just haven't been after the kind of free agents this year that have you saying "OK, that's covered. We're done there".

I doubt we do a RB in the first round and believe a CB is much more likely but I'm just saying, I think things are still wide open. People like Brown, Dyson (if we signed him) or this guy we got from the Cowboys give us the flexibility to take BPA which is some good stuff.
Old 03-26-2008   #32
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Dyson in town for a visit

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere. Andre Dyson stopped by Reliant today. Seems like a solid pick up to me. He isn't over the hill (28 y.o.) and he has good experience. Should be better than Dexter McCleon in any case.

linkage: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5651344.html

Last edited by Fox; 03-26-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #33
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see Dyson coming in. The Jets actually had a top ten secondary last year in terms of passing yards allowed per game... but he did only play in 9 games.

In any case - he would be better off the bench than what we had last year, and at this point in free agency, that's pretty much what you're after - improving on your depth.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #34
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word on if he will be signed or not?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #35
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Any word on if he will be signed or not?
I heard he left after visit with no contract offer. Chronicle I think.
Old 03-28-2008   #36
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
From what the fatty with no neck is saying, we're looking at Chaun Thompson too.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2008/03/i...ns_rbs_fi.html

You mean the one that over in every blog or video?
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #37
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Dyson visits

Either one would be good depth. It would be another under the radar move by Smith and Kubes that will still help the team.

BTW, is Jamar Fletcher still on the team?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #38
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Fletcher is under contract still, yes.

The Chronicle actually said that Dyson left without signing a contract... it didn't say one way or the other if we actually offered him one.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-28-2008   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Fletcher is under contract still, yes.
Yes he is signed through 2008.
Old 03-28-2008   #40
DiehardChris
You betcha!

His 2008 contract pays Fletcher 1.05 million dollars.

How do we feel about that? He didn't really contribute last year at all that I can remember.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read