Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Meyer to take the Florida Job?

WWJD

Hall of Fame
I just heard on the radio that Urban Meyer is expected to bypass the ND job and take the Florida job for reportedly $2 million per year. The contract may be worked out today and announced later today.

Kind of surprising news. I thought it was almost a slam dunk that he would go to ND.

I heard it earlier on ESPN News. It was pretty surprising to me as well, but I guess he wasn't too impressed with ND when they visited him in Utah yesterday. Either that or Florida's AD made an offer that Meyer couldn't refuse once he saw that ND jumped ahead of Florida on the list of teams wanting his services. I think he'll be very successful at Florida because he has a great abundance of talent on that team. Chris Leak looks like he's going to be a great QB, and under Meyer's system he'll have even more oppurtunities to show off that arm of his.

Yea. It's going to be interesting to see how this story plays out because the media had him almost certainly going to ND.

My guess is he went for the most money...maybe better climate...more upside to the team possibly with Florida being a ripe recruiting area.

I'm a bit surprised by this turn of events.

WWJD said:
Yea. It's going to be interesting to see how this story plays out because the media had him almost certainly going to ND.

My guess is he went for the most money...maybe better climate...more upside to the team possibly with Florida being a ripe recruiting area.

I'm a bit surprised by this turn of events.

I don't think it was the money. Notre Dame could have matched that easily. I think you nailed it with Florida having more upside and it being the best state to recruit from. Rumor had it that Ron Zook was leaving the next coach a gold mine of talent. I was listening to ESPN radio earlier and they seemed to indicate that Urban Meyer wanted Notre Dame to ease some of their academic requirements but they balked at it. This is a better situation For Meyer IMO.

You know I've heard that academic requirement stuff tossed around and I didn't believe it but I think you are on to something. I wonder who ND will talk to now? That's got to be one of the premiere jobs in college football....and I am surprised Butch Davis more or less will lose the job at Florida.

Wonder if he'll be interviewed at the Dome?

I think Butch Davis will go back to the college ranks. I think the Cleveland Browns are the Toronto Raptors and the Detroit Tigers of professional sports.

I like the Irish for some strange reason. I'm not Catholic, I've only known one person my whole life from South Bend but for some strange reason I kind of root for them.

Back