Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008   #1
DaChief
Rookie

Default PSL's on da LL

Four Sec 109, Row T PSLs (no partial sales, sorry)

...reported to me that the Texans ticket office said they would sell for $4,200 each now...IF THEY WERE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE OFFICE!...not to mention you'd have to move up the waiting list to get them.

These are available NOW at $4,500 each->$18,000 total for PSLs
2008 Season tickets and Blue lot pp (at cost) already paid for; tickets not received. They will need to be purchased as part of the package also - $4,055.

Drive out price - $22,055

In anticipation of overwhelming interest(?), the only fair way is first one with a check into my hands is the winner... pbierschwale@bisonbuilding.com
DaChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #2
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PSL's on da LL

My kids are rolling pennies as we speak.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: PSL's on da LL

Sideline PSL's are sold at over 4 times the season ticket price?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #4
DaChief
Rookie

Yeah, actually they are...

The original PSL for these seats in 2001 was payable in three payments of $5,200...so I'm trying to get something for the time value of money (not to mention the increase in franchise value making the seats more valuable too... eh Bob?), but I don't think it's particularly Jerry Jonesish!
DaChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #5
local_texan
Rookie

WOW! I guess this makes my psl offer of 4 seats in section 139 row P for $8500 seem like a bargain!
local_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #6
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by local_texan View Post
WOW! I guess this makes my psl offer of 4 seats in section 139 row P for $8500 seem like a bargain!
Nice pitch.. Gotta give it to you. But seriously, I've seen psl's around your range go between 5,000 and $6,000 on average.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
Nice pitch.. Gotta give it to you. But seriously, I've seen psl's around your range go between 5,000 and $6,000 on average.
Me too, for all 4 I have seen similiar section/row go for the same price. As far as the original post of $4500 each for 109 that seems way too high, I just did a lot of shopping around last fall, those are great seats, but no way I personally would spend that much....but it's all about demand I suppose.
Old 03-06-2008   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What?!?!?!?!?

You people are WAY overpaying on the secondary market. I got 2 116 H for $1400 each, and that was WAY over priced (but due to demand). Someone can correct me, I believe 2002 endzone PSL's were around $600 or 800 each?

As far as sidelines, any one on here actually buy any sideline PSL's from the Texans?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-06-2008   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
What?!?!?!?!?

You people are WAY overpaying on the secondary market. I got 2 116 H for $1400 each, and that was WAY over priced (but due to demand). Someone can correct me, I believe 2002 endzone PSL's were around $600 or 800 each?

As far as sidelines, any one on here actually buy any sideline PSL's from the Texans?
Pretty sure Ray meant for the 4 PSL's not each.
Old 03-06-2008   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
What?!?!?!?!?

Yes, endzone PSL's orginal price was $600. Corners of the endzone $900, and I believe Andrew 6 has stated his old PSL's in 121 or 122 were orginally $1250. It has been my findings you can expect to pay about 50%-80% (varies with demand) more than original price. I got two in 115 J for $950 each, about 55% over orignal price. (the seller originally wanted more than 3K for both, but I negotiated him down)

139 is a corner section, so original cost for Ray's 4 PSL's would have been $3600. 50% mark-up would put it around $5400 which is in the neighborhood of what I have been seeing all along.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 03-07-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
LMAO, sorry, it's early.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-06-2008   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I meant for all four..
Old 03-06-2008   #13
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaChief View Post
Four Sec 109, Row T PSLs (no partial sales, sorry)

...reported to me that the Texans ticket office said they would sell for $4,200 each now...IF THEY WERE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE OFFICE!...not to mention you'd have to move up the waiting list to get them.

These are available NOW at $4,500 each->$18,000 total for PSLs
2008 Season tickets and Blue lot pp (at cost) already paid for; tickets not received. They will need to be purchased as part of the package also - $4,055.

Drive out price - $22,055

In anticipation of overwhelming interest(?), the only fair way is first one with a check into my hands is the winner... pbierschwale@bisonbuilding.com
Can Have the psls now and I'll pay you when I get my income tax check?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #14
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aren't 139 endzone seats?
Old 03-06-2008   #15
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

That 22K will seem small in another 5 years after we make the superbowl. Anyone want to see where these psl prices are headed just check out some of the ones the panthers and the steelers fans have to pay.
Old 03-06-2008   #16
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
no, he meant each. I could be wrong but those seats were over 3k in 2002...I am in section 110 and I paid $1900 for each seat and no way I would sell them for that now..lol
Old 03-06-2008   #17
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Yes, endzone PSL's orginal price was $600. Corners of the endzone $900, and I believe Andrew 6 has stated his old PSL's in 121 or 122 were orginally $1250. It has been my findings you can expect to pay about 50%-80% (varies with demand) more than original price. I got two in 115 J for $950 each, about 55% over orignal price. (the seller originally wanted more than 3K for both, but I negotiated him down)

139 is a corner section, so original cost for Ray's 4 PSL's would have been $3600. 50% mark-up would put it around $5400 which is in the neighborhood of what I have been seeing all along.

Not sure what the original price was for 109, but the $8500 and the 18K are WAY more than anyone would need to pay if you were to shop around. Ray's price is about the best you can do unless you luck into a sweetheart deal.
I originally paid 900 a peice for each of my PSL's in Section 121. I sold those and bought PSLs in the Bullpen. Right now PSL's are basically all about perception of value. How much do you think they are worth?
Old 03-07-2008   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I originally paid 900 a peice for each of my PSL's in Section 121. I sold those and bought PSLs in the Bullpen. Right now PSL's are basically all about perception of value. How much do you think they are worth?
What we're debating is that he's claiming the Texans' price, if any were to revert back to them, would be $4,200 per seat.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-07-2008   #19
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

[quote=Andrew6;860044]I originally paid 900 a peice for each of my PSL's in Section 121. I sold those and bought PSLs in the Bullpen. Right now PSL's are basically all about perception of value. How much do you think they are worth?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I couldn't remember what you had stated previously on one of these threads how much and what section, sorry for remembering wrong, I didn't think I could find the thread very easy.

And what Yankee is saying is right, I haven't called up there to find out but I didn't think PSL's in 109 would be $4200 per seat. How can they jump from $900 per seat to $4200 by moving a couple sections over? It doesn't add up to me.
Old 03-07-2008   #20
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And what Yankee is saying is right, I haven't called up there to find out but I didn't think PSL's in 109 would be $4200 per seat. How can they jump from $900 per seat to $4200 by moving a couple sections over? It doesn't add up to me.
Yes they are my friend. Face value is $4200. That's because you are siting on the 20yrd line. Anywhere betweens the 20's is $4,200, each. Corner and endzones views don't compare to sideline views in my book. But I know for a fact that that is their face value.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read