Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-12-2008   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default J. Stewart may need surgery.

NFL | J. Stewart could miss 4-6 months
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:24:42 -0700

Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, reports University of Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart (toe) has a big toe injury that MRIs are recommending surgery to correct. He faces a four-to-six month recovery with the surgery.

www.kffl.com

Guess this takes him out of the first rd.
Old 03-12-2008   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: J. Stewart may need surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
NFL | J. Stewart could miss 4-6 months
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:24:42 -0700

Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, reports University of Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart (toe) has a big toe injury that MRIs are recommending surgery to correct. He faces a four-to-six month recovery with the surgery.

www.kffl.com

Guess this takes him out of the first rd.
yeah too ad he wouldn't be there in the 3rd for us

afterall it isn't a knee
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #3
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe not.. He would be back for the start of the season. It's just a toe.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
Maybe not.. He would be back for the start of the season. It's just a toe.
Ah, don't underestimate the power of the toe. You need it to cut, push off, take off, run, basically do anything that an RB might need to do.

(stating the obvious here, I know, and not trying to insult your intelligence)

It could end up being an expensive toe, though, if he slides at all.
Old 03-12-2008   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Ah, don't underestimate the power of the toe. You need it to cut, push off, take off, run, basically do anything that an RB might need to do.

(stating the obvious here, I know, and not trying to insult your intelligence)

It could end up being an expensive toe, though, if he slides at all.
I know what you mean, but I haven't heard of many toes being career threating.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

he played with turf toe last season & did alright imagine him 100%

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
he played with turf toe last season & did alright imagine him 100%
He also played in college. This is the big leagues. Everyone is big, fast and strong. There are no easy games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I know what you mean, but I haven't heard of many toes being career threating.
Well maybe not many, but some...

From article:
Quote:
A bad case of Turf Toe ended former Pittsburgh Steeler Jack Lambert's career in 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_toe
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how this effects the FO thinking, my guess is not very much, they seem to be a long view group of people that won't mind waiting if they think Stewart is the BPA.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #10
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Jeez, i feel for the guy
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #11
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

How great would it be to have an early 2nd round pick right about now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
He also played in college. This is the big leagues. Everyone is big, fast and strong. There are no easy games.
the Bills drafted Willis McGahee #23 overall in 03 & he tore his acl in the Hurricanes bowl game.

my best guess is that the he (Jonathan Stewart) goes to the Chargers with the 27th overall selection

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-13-2008   #13
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the Bills drafted Willis McGahee #23 overall in 03 & he tore his acl in the Hurricanes bowl game.

my best guess is that the he (Jonathan Stewart) goes to the Chargers with the 27th overall selection

Yeah, but how do you think the Bills pick of McGahee turned out? I know it wasn't all health related, but I don't think he turned out to be what they hoped.

However, you may very well be right about the Bolts. Even if the more pessimistic of the reports I've seen indicate a 6 month recovery time, so it's not nearly as bad as it could be.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #14
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I dont see ant reason why the bolts would take 1st rd RB, even if Stewart is there. I imagine that they wait til the 3rd at the very earliest to replace Turner. While they dont have many needs they still have more pressing areas than 2nd string RB.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Well no way was Kubes going to use a first round on a RB anyway. I am more concerned with losing the 6th round if we sign Brown. I was hoping to get a 1000 yarder "just plug 'em in back".
Old 03-13-2008   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Well no way was Kubes going to use a first round on a RB anyway. I am more concerned with losing the 6th round if we sign Brown. I was hoping to get a 1000 yarder "just plug 'em in back".
Why would we lose a 6th rounder for Brown? He's an UFA. You must be thinking of the C Chris Myers we're looking at. He's a RFA that would cost us a 6th if we were to make an offer that wasn't matched by the Broncos.
Old 03-13-2008   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Why would we lose a 6th rounder for Brown? He's an UFA. You must be thinking of the C Chris Myers we're looking at. He's a RFA that would cost us a 6th if we were to make an offer that wasn't matched by the Broncos.
Thanks for the correction but the focus should be on the "Plug in back that can get 1,000 yds in this offense" sarcasm.
Old 03-13-2008   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We tried that. His name was Wali Lundy. He didn't work out.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
I dont see ant reason why the bolts would take 1st rd RB, even if Stewart is there. I imagine that they wait til the 3rd at the very earliest to replace Turner. While they dont have many needs they still have more pressing areas than 2nd string RB.
LT is 29, been injured & unable to tote the rock when needed the most (AFC Championship) & Turner is gone via FA. having LT buys them time for a complete recovery & Stewart @ #27 is bpa. those are just a few reasons for you to digest (I dont see ant reason :elle: ).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 03-13-2008   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The difference is that McGahee was most likely going to be a Texan until that injury. He was likely the #3 overall selection and considered an elite talent. Stewart does not seem like that and was already projected down towards 20. McGahee fell 20 spots, though I don't expect Stewart to fall that much, he will drop if this is true, and the Chargers could go with the Chiefs route and take a productive college RB in the first with a studly RB ahead of them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read