Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2008   #141
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP
Default Re: Myers Traded and Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
As long as you don't go to all the practices and take multiple interviews with the media you will be fine here!
LOL I live in Miami so your pretty safe there.
55Olinesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #142
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 130706 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone for their posts with well wishes and positive comments. I just found out Chris's Jersey number will be 55 for Houston so I changed my name to reflect his number. I look forward to hopefully being on this board for many years with Chris playing for Houston. We are looking forward to come to Houston for many games and hopefully meet many of you. Thanks again

Welcome!

We hope Chris does a great job. I would love to see this O-line start getting some respect around the league.
Old 03-18-2008   #143
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Welcome to the board. I really hope Chris does well in Houston. We'll need a smart & strong O-Line if we ever want to have a chance at winning the AFC South.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #144
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I want to thank everyone for their posts with well wishes and positive comments. I just found out Chris's Jersey number will be 55 for Houston so I changed my name to reflect his number. I look forward to hopefully being on this board for many years with Chris playing for Houston. We are looking forward to come to Houston for many games and hopefully meet many of you. Thanks again
Welcome aboard and we're excited that you (and especially your son) are here.

God bless.
Old 03-18-2008   #145
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

welcome to the board! we hope chris will come to love texas and the texan organization. with his dedication to the game, he and his teammates will achieve great things under kubiak and gibbs

Old 03-18-2008   #146
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Welcome to Houston.

You will find that as much complaining that we do you won't find a better group of fans. We have a tight loyal group that is very passionate about this team. That being said, you also won't find a fan base that is quicker to turn on a player and flame him out of the city. Especially in two particular areas, OLine, and QB. Both areas being a sore subject over the past 6 years. You truly are only as good as your last play in Houston so your kid is going to have to grow some thick skin quick. There are only two players that get passes, Ryans, and A.J.

However

If your boy would like to put his name on the exception list with this fan base tell him that if he blows up Hayneworthlessness, drives him into the ground, and hits'em in the mouth when it counts, we will build him a freakin statue outside of Reliant.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #147
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'm glad you joined, and hope you like it here on TexansTalk. Welcome!
Old 03-18-2008   #148
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
However

If your boy would like to put his name on the exception list with this fan base tell him that if he blows up Hayneworthlessness, drives him into the ground, and hits'em in the mouth when it counts, we will build him a freakin statue outside of Reliant.
Any extra kicks to Haynesworthless's body parts will illicit one free beer from me to Mr. Meyers for each blow.

I will throw a huge keg party if Haynesworthless is somehow injured in a fashion similar to how he injured Matt Schaub.
Old 03-18-2008   #149
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
I suppose that the Broncos FO values that 6th round pick as much as Rick Smith and Kubes do. The only difference is, he was a backup over there... he may be a starter over here.
Exactly. It appears to me that we benefited more from a logjam of starting talent on their o-line more than anything else.

I think we got a little lucky on this one.
Old 03-18-2008   #150
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello everyone,

All right! I "adopted" Danny Clark last year and got a #55 Jersey with "Pencil Neck" as the name. With Danny leaving, I was hoping #55 would go to a good player.

I'll be "adopting" your son this season.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #151
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Its good to see this team finally putting some effort to improve the O-Line . I hope this guy can turn out to be a steal .

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #152
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think we got a little lucky on this one.
I don't think luck has as much to do with it as our need to aquire a starting Center that fits Gibbs scheme & whom Gary & Rick are both familar with plus having such close relationships

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #153
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
As long as you don't go to all the practices and take multiple interviews with the media you will be fine here!
Quote:
LOL I live in Miami so your pretty safe there.
Just an FYI, Brandon was referring to sorta an inside joke around here. when I say sorta, some media people will understand it but your average and even fanatic fans might not get it. He is referring to Mr Mittens and his father and how they acted here in Houston. A huge touchy subject that I hate bringing up because I know some doofus will try and derail this thread. But I thought it was worth the explination.

Center was a position that most of us thought was a huge liability this past year, so we may be critical, if not overly so on the position. This info is not ment to scare you away or even to deter you from giving your imput, but more over to give you the full amount of information that is needed.

Anyways, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy it here.
Old 03-19-2008   #154
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: texans trade 6th for myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Actually Drew Henson became a 3rd round pick, which we used to draft Vernand Morency, who was then traded straight up to Green Bay for Samkon Gado, who is becoming a doctor.
Cool, so there's something in it for humanity. Not a complete loss
Old 03-19-2008   #155
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Welcome!
Old 03-19-2008   #156
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Welcome.

I really can't think of anything clever to day at the moment so it's just going to be welcome.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008   #157
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Welcome to Houston.

You will find that as much complaining that we do you won't find a better group of fans. We have a tight loyal group that is very passionate about this team. That being said, you also won't find a fan base that is quicker to turn on a player and flame him out of the city. Especially in two particular areas, OLine, and QB. Both areas being a sore subject over the past 6 years. You truly are only as good as your last play in Houston so your kid is going to have to grow some thick skin quick. There are only two players that get passes, Ryans, and A.J.

However

Well Texanred,

I been on the Denver board for three years now and its no different there. One or two bad plays and the boards jump right on them. I have learned to take the good with the bad on posts. Everyone comes on here to speak their minds on the players and how well or how bad they played that week. I will give you a little insight on Chris..........After each game when he gets in his car he usually calls us in Miami. If we say good game to him and he had a bad play.......WE SURE FIND OUT FAST HE IS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. Even if they blow out an opponet he is SUPER CRITICAL of his plays or any mental error he had during the game. He learns from them and works as hard as he can to not let them happen again. Keeping in mind every player sometimes has horrible plays in any given game he does not accept that as an excuse.

He gives 100% every play. Last year he played the last 4 games with a very nasty high ankle sprain and he didnt use it as an excuse to have any bad plays. That to me shows his heart for his team and his team mates. He was the same when he played for the U of Miami for 5 years. No matter what he will take responsiblity of his bad plays and works to improve every day.
Old 03-19-2008   #158
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Just an FYI, Brandon was referring to sorta an inside joke around here. when I say sorta, some media people will understand it but your average and even fanatic fans might not get it. He is referring to Mr Mittens and his father and how they acted here in Houston. A huge touchy subject that I hate bringing up because I know some doofus will try and derail this thread. But I thought it was worth the explination.

Center was a position that most of us thought was a huge liability this past year, so we may be critical, if not overly so on the position. This info is not ment to scare you away or even to deter you from giving your imput, but more over to give you the full amount of information that is needed.

Anyways, welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy it here.
Thanks Specnatz,

I think everyone will find out I try to only post positive things on the team, even when sometimes they have bad games or bad plays. I tend to be a positive thinking person and I always try to see the good points and not over think the bad ones. Hopefully I can give a little insight on the O line without my son wanting to kick my butt.
Old 03-19-2008   #159
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well Texanred,

I been on the Denver board for three years now and its no different there. One or two bad plays and the boards jump right on them. I have learned to take the good with the bad on posts. Everyone comes on here to speak their minds on the players and how well or how bad they played that week. I will give you a little insight on Chris..........After each game when he gets in his car he usually calls us in Miami. If we say good game to him and he had a bad play.......WE SURE FIND OUT FAST HE IS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. Even if they blow out an opponet he is SUPER CRITICAL of his plays or any mental error he had during the game. He learns from them and works as hard as he can to not let them happen again. Keeping in mind every player sometimes has horrible plays in any given game he does not accept that as an excuse.

He gives 100% every play. Last year he played the last 4 games with a very nasty high ankle sprain and he didnt use it as an excuse to have any bad plays. That to me shows his heart for his team and his team mates. He was the same when he played for the U of Miami for 5 years. No matter what he will take responsiblity of his bad plays and works to improve every day.
Welcome to the board. I do have a question on his relationship with Winston - on the field and off. I may have missed it, or reporters may have missed it in their line of questioning but there has been no mention of reuniting with Winston on the line.

Can you level set that miss?
Old 03-19-2008   #160
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Welcome to the board. I do have a question on his relationship with Winston - on the field and off. I may have missed it, or reporters may have missed it in their line of questioning but there has been no mention of reuniting with Winston on the line.

Can you level set that miss?
Chris is excited about playing with Eric again. They are very close friends and they often meet up back in Miami when offseason. Eric even came to my daughters wedding last year he has been a close friend of all of us since he started at the U of Miami. We are very happy that Eric is there already and can give Chris information on Houston so his move from Denver is hopefully not too overwhelming for him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read