Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-26-2008   #241
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx
Default Re: Myers Traded and Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You didn't forget to mention the need for your son to stick his foot in Haynesworthless' ass did you?
Ouch. Such hostility so early in the morning......do agree though.
Old 03-26-2008   #242
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
As a child growing up I used to watch the Tarzan movies on TV. Two actions by the natives 1) Tying a guy(Hainesworth) between two elephants facing opposite directions and then saying go 2)Tying guy upside down with feet tied one to one tree and the other to another tree allowing individual to be split apart when bent trees were cut loose springing to full upright position.

Now I am not serious but was pretty mad when Hainesworth injured our player. That is a big no no. I realize some say our players (Weary I think was identified) were upset, but I remember jumping up and yelling "Somebody level that pri--, do something". Anyway sorry for side tracking.
Old 03-26-2008   #243
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
You didn't forget to mention the need for your son to stick his foot in Haynesworthless' ass did you?
Thats the fastest way to sell out all the #55 jerseys for sure. It'd make a great poster too.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #244
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Me, hostile? No. Not at all.

Just hoping that we finaly got someone on the OLine with some sort of back bone or mean streak.

No one is scared of this Line and people like Haynesworth takes full advantage of it.

I like Salaam but that Pansy answer of "Well this is football and we play the game out on the field" crap is not exceptable.

Now I am not saying to do anything in front of the refs to get a flag or ejected, but if our OLine made it a point to drive him into the ground on every play all game Haynseworth would think twice to screw with a Texan.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #245
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Salaam but that Pansy answer of "Well this is football and we play the game out on the field" crap is not exceptable.
Hmmmm, seemed like you wanted an exception made.

Quote:
Now I am not saying to do anything in front of the refs to get a flag or ejected, but if our OLine made it a point to drive him into the ground on every play all game Haynseworth would think twice to screw with a Texan.
The refs are always there, in fact at least two. People love to say these kinds of things and then when Peek or TJ pull a foul for playing that tenth of a second too long, etc. they are calling for their heads as perennial personal foul guys.
Old 03-26-2008   #246
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

The refs are always there, in fact at least two. People love to say these kinds of things and then when Peek or TJ pull a foul for playing that tenth of a second too long, etc. they are calling for their heads as perennial personal foul guys.
There is a difference between a full on take down by the face mask for the entire world to see and poking a guys eye out in a scrum.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #247
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think the Texans Should go all out Replacements(the movie) on their arsses in the first regular season play. Powerbombs, Drop Kicks, Karate chops and the whole nine yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-26-2008   #248
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I think the Texans Should go all out Replacements(the movie) on their arsses in the first regular season play. Powerbombs, Drop Kicks, Karate chops and the whole nine yards.
I frankly wouldn't mind a coaching directive or QB directive to nail the crap out of Haynesworth on the first play of the game (big deal it is 1st down) and then someone to tell him to keep it clean, but I don't want a whole team playing free lancer all game long on any perceived threat--and I think when the flag is drawn on third down the guy tends to go from being aggressive to that flag drawing bastard.
Old 03-27-2008   #249
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I frankly wouldn't mind a coaching directive or QB directive to nail the crap out of Haynesworth on the first play of the game (big deal it is 1st down) and then someone to tell him to keep it clean, but I don't want a whole team playing free lancer all game long on any perceived threat--and I think when the flag is drawn on third down the guy tends to go from being aggressive to that flag drawing bastard.
Exactly. The time to correct this was one play in THAT game. Our fall back could be as you said, first play this season and then one of eleven guys getting up off him could say "straighten up and fly right boy!" At least, that is what my daddy said to me.
Old 03-27-2008   #250
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Exactly. The time to correct this was one play in THAT game. Our fall back could be as you said, first play this season and then one of eleven guys getting up off him could say "straighten up and fly right boy!" At least, that is what my daddy said to me.
A nicely executed "cut" by our new Gibbs ZBS OL would be a good hint to the big boy.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #251
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A nicely executed "cut" by our new Gibbs ZBS OL would be a good hint to the big boy.
But I want there to be someone doing the Mutombo finger wave as he lies there.
Old 03-27-2008   #252
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or we could just have TJ yell stuff at him.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #253
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL that would be awesome

not in my house

Ahh you get the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #254
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Or we could just have TJ yell stuff at him.
TJ does not just yell at people, he usually hits them late. Of course that could work also.
Old 03-27-2008   #255
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Thats how you do it. Right out of the gate just start cuttin those knees. Trust me he'll quit all that backfield penetration if he thinks his knees are in serious jeopardy.
Old 03-29-2008   #256
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP

LOL I am loving all these posts guys. I cannot wait to see our O line in action this year. I am chomping at the bit.
55Olinesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #257
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
LOL I am loving all these posts guys. I cannot wait to see our O line in action this year. I am chomping at the bit.
its been really great to get your input, I think we're all excited about the OL which is a pretty cool thing since your son will be in the Center of things, so to speak. I also imagine you have watched & know a heck of alot about OL play, what it takes to play guard/center & tackle for that matter too. I'm also hopefull a top tackle prospect (Alberts falls to the 18th spot & Smith/Kubiak/Gibbs jumps all over it ) this could force a shake-up on the front line but for the better, intially anyway Salaam remains our starting LT with the rookie next to him @ LG mentoring him along with Chris Meyers our rock @ Center. Pitts could jump into the vacant RG position while Winston remains our RT. As players get healthy & Alberts progress dictates he gets some time @ LT, maybe Weary & Spencer return to the fold, the Texans OL should be in better shape than ever so when evaluating OL talent what do you see that makes a great linemen & just how hard has Chris worked to be successful in such a short time?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #258
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
its been really great to get your input, I think we're all excited about the OL which is a pretty cool thing since your son will be in the Center of things, so to speak. I also imagine you have watched & know a heck of alot about OL play, what it takes to play guard/center & tackle for that matter too. I'm also hopefull a top tackle prospect (Alberts falls to the 18th spot & Smith/Kubiak/Gibbs jumps all over it ) this could force a shake-up on the front line but for the better, intially anyway Salaam remains our starting LT with the rookie next to him @ LG mentoring him along with Chris Meyers our rock @ Center. Pitts could jump into the vacant RG position while Winston remains our RT. As players get healthy & Alberts progress dictates he gets some time @ LT, maybe Weary & Spencer return to the fold, the Texans OL should be in better shape than ever so when evaluating OL talent what do you see that makes a great linemen & just how hard has Chris worked to be successful in such a short time?
From high school through college all of Chris's coaches have always told me he is the most coachable player they have ever coached. I credit Craig Karpiak his high school O line coach for the work ethic he has instilled in Chris. I am a very lucky pop because that same coach also coached my middle son Joey and is now coaching my youngest son Matthew. The foundations laid early in a players career is what builds a great lineman if you ask me.
55Olinesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #259
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
From high school through college all of Chris's coaches have always told me he is the most coachable player they have ever coached. I credit Craig Karpiak his high school O line coach for the work ethic he has instilled in Chris. I am a very lucky pop because that same coach also coached my middle son Joey and is now coaching my youngest son Matthew. The foundations laid early in a players career is what builds a great lineman if you ask me.
The foundations laid early in a child's life is what builds great men and women. I think you have done well you part also.
Old 04-02-2008   #260
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
nice post BL. That's what I'm thinking also.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read