Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-23-2008   #221
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Myers Traded and Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
LOL great suggestion, I think Chris is looking for ONE home to purchase. I think if he wants to go spend some time on a lake........he can go rent something.
Wait till you and he see the Houston housing market. You can get a ton of home (or two) around here for what would cost far, far more most other places.
Old 03-23-2008   #222
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Wait till you and he see the Houston housing market. You can get a ton of home (or two) around here for what would cost far, far more most other places.
You got that right. Best deal going and, consequently, the #1 housing market in the country.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #223
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

And he won't have to pay any state income tax to boot! Texas rocks. A second home by the lake is a very very feastible and an affordable idea in Houston.

Eh. None of my business what he chooses really but if he's looking for a house on a lake 20 minutes from Reliant... not going to happen. If he's only looking for a single house then he should probably consider living in River Oaks, an extremely wealthy neighborhood which isn't too far off from Reliant. Should make it to and from Reliant in about 20 minutes on a daily basis. It's fairly safe and there's a strong police presence which should protect him and his newfound wealth.

Personally, I don't think the traffic in Houston is bad at all. I live in Austin and it's just wildly ridiculous out here. Yeah, it's bad over on I-10 West but everywhere else is NOT that bad at all. I don't get everyone's gripe about it. Traffic at least MOVES unlike many other cities such as AUSTIN where I SIT in traffic on I-35 at MIDNIGHT on SUNDAY! The city planner who designed the roadways here needs to be publically executed.

Houston is a great place to live. Very economical. Very diverse. Plenty of places to see but a lake isn't here. Maybe that's why it's economical but there's a price to pay for everything. I guess it's a trade off. Houses are cheap as heck! I lived in a GRAND 3300 SQ foot place with a heated swimming pool in Houston and now I'm living in a shoddy mobile home in a crack central suburb of Austin. Funny thing? Rent is the same price.

I miss Houston terribly. I hate Austin although Austin is pretty to look at.
Old 03-24-2008   #224
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
And he won't have to pay any state income tax to boot! Texas rocks. A second home by the lake is a very very feastible and an affordable idea in Houston.

Eh. None of my business what he chooses really but if he's looking for a house on a lake 20 minutes from Reliant... not going to happen. If he's only looking for a single house then he should probably consider living in River Oaks, an extremely wealthy neighborhood which isn't too far off from Reliant. Should make it to and from Reliant in about 20 minutes on a daily basis. It's fairly safe and there's a strong police presence which should protect him and his newfound wealth.

Personally, I don't think the traffic in Houston is bad at all. I live in Austin and it's just wildly ridiculous out here. Yeah, it's bad over on I-10 West but everywhere else is NOT that bad at all. I don't get everyone's gripe about it. Traffic at least MOVES unlike many other cities such as AUSTIN where I SIT in traffic on I-35 at MIDNIGHT on SUNDAY! The city planner who designed the roadways here needs to be publically executed.

Houston is a great place to live. Very economical. Very diverse. Plenty of places to see but a lake isn't here. Maybe that's why it's economical but there's a price to pay for everything. I guess it's a trade off. Houses are cheap as heck! I lived in a GRAND 3300 SQ foot place with a heated swimming pool in Houston and now I'm living in a shoddy mobile home in a crack central suburb of Austin. Funny thing? Rent is the same price.

I miss Houston terribly. I hate Austin although Austin is pretty to look at.
Driving sucks. If Houston had a mass transit system, the city would be so much better.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #225
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Driving sucks. If Houston had a mass transit system, the city would be so much better.
ask Yankee what he thinks of Metro Buses.
Old 03-24-2008   #226
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Houston would be an amazing city if you didn't have to drive everywhere...it would be NYC south...but better cause its not all cramped and stinky.

Hey, the subway system in NYC is a great way to get around, also, i like the light rail...it just needs to expand.
Old 03-24-2008   #227
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe so but unfortunately we don't have it. New York does and would you like to sit in traffic over there? I'll take Houston.

I don't think it would be as cost effective here either. Houston is just too flat. By that I mean that people are spread out rather than stacked. There would be more tracks to lay out thus being more expensive especially since we'd have fewer people paying for it. The lightrail is a step in the right direction but it needs to grow tremenously before we can ever think about being uttered in the same breath as a crappy city such as Chicago with their Els.

Heck if I know! I'm no city planner. I'm just talking out of my rear end.
Old 03-24-2008   #228
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
ask Yankee what he thinks of Metro Buses.
I have never ridden one and I never will.
Old 03-24-2008   #229
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

after driving around during rita, i dont mind the traffic so much. that was the single creepiest moment of my life. driving 45 from clear lake to 610 i didnt see one other car on the road ... it felt like something out of an apocolypse movie. I was legend.
Old 03-24-2008   #230
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
after driving around during rita, i dont mind the traffic so much. that was the single creepiest moment of my life. driving 45 from clear lake to 610 i didnt see one other car on the road ... it felt like something out of an apocolypse movie. I was legend.
We;re trying to make Chris feel comfortable here, not scare him off! Then again, he's from Florida and is probably no stranger to hurricanes.

22 hours to go 25 miles. A mindboggling experience that I never want to remember. Then again, I saw the greatest sight that I've ever seen in my life. A cat in a cat carrier strapped on the outside of a RV chugging along on the road. Amazing sight. It was almost worth the 22 hours. That poor cat.
Old 03-24-2008   #231
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have never ridden one and I never will.
Inside Joke.............
Old 03-24-2008   #232
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Inside Joke.............
Then keep it inside instead of drawing the rest of us into it.
Old 03-24-2008   #233
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Then keep it inside instead of drawing the rest of us into it.
It was posted on the boards a couple months ago, just all in fun for those that recall or want to make fun of him.
Old 03-24-2008   #234
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
LOL great suggestion, I think Chris is looking for ONE home to purchase. I think if he wants to go spend some time on a lake........he can go rent something.
You know, there are quite a few houses for sell in my subdivision (Winchester Country) out here in Jersey Village. ;o Beautiful, cheap houses. 130k for our house, two story. Or across the street in Winchester Village (or something like that) the houses are 200k and much, much larger.

Maybe Chris could give me a ride to Reliant on gamedays, LOL.

Last edited by AnthonyE; 03-24-2008 at 03:54 AM.
AnthonyE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #235
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in the Clear Lake area, which is in the SE quadrant of the city (south of the Beltway 8/east of I-45). Part of the area is in Houston proper, part lies outside the city. But the top subdivision here is "Bay Oaks", and he will be amazed at how much house he can get for his money, though I gather he's a single man who might not want to rumble around in such a big house (3000 or more sq ft) by himself and in a neighborhood dominated by family households ? We've been here 19 years and I would totally recommend the area. Reliant is about 30 minutes away, depending upon traffic of course.
I dunno if he is selling something in the Denver area, but unlike most home buyers he may not have to sell to buy elsewhere given his new found fortune/bonus. It's my understanding that Denver has been hit pretty hard-hit by the subprime-mortgage/credit mess ? Houston on the other hand is relatively unscathed.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #236
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe so but unfortunately we don't have it. New York does and would you like to sit in traffic over there? I'll take Houston.

I don't think it would be as cost effective here either. Houston is just too flat. By that I mean that people are spread out rather than stacked. There would be more tracks to lay out thus being more expensive especially since we'd have fewer people paying for it. The lightrail is a step in the right direction but it needs to grow tremenously before we can ever think about being uttered in the same breath as a crappy city such as Chicago with their Els.

Heck if I know! I'm no city planner. I'm just talking out of my rear end.
There was a time when I was taking the trains and buses in LA. It was really comfy and nice. But it was slooooowwwww. I would take the train from San Juan Capistrano to Downtown LA and then grab a bus over to where I worked. On the train, I could read or sleep or write but it just took a lot of time.

I learned that if I left a little early and drove myself, I could miss the majority of the traffic and gain a few hours a day.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #237
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

There's Silverlake area in Pearland. Although the lake is more of a cosmetic feature rather than anything else. Kubiak lives in the area and it's a hop, skip and a jump from Reliant.

If he wants a lake to do some fishing and hunting he be a guest at our Lake house anytime.
Old 03-24-2008   #238
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
Houston would be an amazing city if you didn't have to drive everywhere...it would be NYC south...but better cause its not all cramped and stinky.

Hey, the subway system in NYC is a great way to get around, also, i like the light rail...it just needs to expand.
www.2035plan.org
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #239
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I live in the Clear Lake area, which is in the SE quadrant of the city (south of the Beltway 8/east of I-45). Part of the area is in Houston proper, part lies outside the city. But the top subdivision here is "Bay Oaks", and he will be amazed at how much house he can get for his money, though I gather he's a single man who might not want to rumble around in such a big house (3000 or more sq ft) by himself and in a neighborhood dominated by family households ? We've been here 19 years and I would totally recommend the area. Reliant is about 30 minutes away, depending upon traffic of course.
I dunno if he is selling something in the Denver area, but unlike most home buyers he may not have to sell to buy elsewhere given his new found fortune/bonus. It's my understanding that Denver has been hit pretty hard-hit by the subprime-mortgage/credit mess ? Houston on the other hand is relatively unscathed.
LOL @ "he may not have to sell to buy elsewhere given his new found fortune/bonus"

It sounds pretty simple knowing what his contract was but in the NFL you do not get your bonus upfront as many tend to think. It comes in spurts during the course of the year in three specific time periods. It is definitly a good bonus but it does not sustain owning a home in Denver for very long. He is definitly selling or leasing his Denver home and has been investigating many of the areas mentioned in everyones post on this board. I have been feeding him some of everyones suggestions over the last week and I do really appreciate everyones posts.

I am so looking forward to many years in Houston following Chris and the Texans. He should be arriving in Houston tomorrow I think. He wanted to get to the facility and start working out early so he is ahead of the game a little bit before workouts officially start. Thanks again everyone for all your positive posts and suggestions. GO TEXANS
55Olinesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #240
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have been feeding him some of everyones suggestions over the last week and I do really appreciate everyones posts.
You didn't forget to mention the need for your son to stick his foot in Haynesworthless' ass did you?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read