Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2008   #201
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP
Default Re: Myers Traded and Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Olinesdad View Post
Every coach that Chris has had since high school has personally told me that Chris is one of the most coachable players they have ever had. He is a sponge waiting to soak up any coaching given to him. He is very structured and technical. If you get a chance to go to the camp this summer you will be able to see how hard he will work to contribute to the Texans. Already in his heart he is a Texan. He hasnt been there except for the one visit and he is already chomping at the bit to get to work. Chris will fit in with the other linemen no matter where he would of played. Gibbs and Kubes are going to make this O line something special and Chris knows it. He is pumped.
Welcome to you and your son. Sounds like Chris is going to be able to help the other linemen adjust to Gibbs' system as well.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #202
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board 55Olinesdad, it’s nice to have you here.

I really need to keep up with these threads; I didn’t realize we now had an “insider” here. I wish Chris all the luck in the world, we need a good center. Do any of your other kids play football, because we also need a LT, RB, CB and safety. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #203
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Welcome to the board 55Olinesdad, it’s nice to have you here.

I really need to keep up with these threads; I didn’t realize we now had an “insider” here. I wish Chris all the luck in the world, we need a good center. Do any of your other kids play football, because we also need a LT, RB, CB and safety. LOL
Thanks Thorn,

Yes I have a son 20 who is a tight end at FIU and a Junior ( next season ) in high school playing guard/center whos 16.
55Olinesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #204
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Thorn,

Yes I have a son 20 who is a tight end at FIU and a Junior ( next season ) in high school playing guard/center whos 16.
Now we can all brow beat you for the next four years about the different colleges we like to get your son there.
Old 03-20-2008   #205
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP55Olinesdad was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Now we can all brow beat you for the next four years about the different colleges we like to get your son there.
I have had three kids go to college on schlorships........I am counting on the last one to do that also.

I would be very ok sending him to Houston to live with Chris LOL.
Old 03-20-2008   #206
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
NO!!! Don't even start with ND.
Old 03-20-2008   #207
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

55Olinesdad, I want to be a part of this welcome party. Please make sure your son is aware of how excited we all are that he's coming aboard and how much we're behind him. Chris is going to have to get used to the climate change from Denver to Houston, but having spent time in Miami it's not like he won't have a frame of reference. He will soon find that Houston is the friendliest big city in the country. That's the first thing about Houston people tend to notice. Welcome!!!

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2008   #208
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
NO!!! Don't even start with ND.
Now did I even mention a school.
Old 03-20-2008   #209
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
55Olinesdad, I want to be a part of this welcome party. Please make sure your son is aware of how excited we all are that he's coming aboard and how much we're behind him. Chris is going to have to get used to the climate change from Denver to Houston, but having spent time in Miami it's not like he won't have a frame of reference. He will soon find that Houston is the friendliest big city in the country. That's the first thing about Houston people tend to notice. Welcome!!!

TexansFanatic
Thanks a lot I appreciate the welcome. I did enjoy Houston the 3 times I have gone there for games and I am looking forward to come see MANY more. Chris is home this week and preparing to come to Houston for work outs and he is going crazy waiting to get there. He has to fly back to Denver to pack some things up and then he will get to work. We all are pretty excited about learning all about the Texans organzation also.
Old 03-21-2008   #210
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

55Olinesdad,
The fans on this Board can be very reinforcing at times and very critical at other times. But we will always be sincerely passionate about our support of the team. As with any fans, coaching staff and players can quickly go from “savior” to “goat” and back again in “60 seconds.” Let this not be taken personally or discourage you, and especially as it pertains to sharing your thoughts about your son or any other team subjects. A belated welcome to you........and here’s to a future of many stimulating dialogues.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008   #211
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Not quoting anything direct, but just to address you. One thing many couch coaches in the past, myself included, have attempted is trying to look at the games to attach responsibility for plays. If you can ever provide insight on that issue and the schemes (addressed generally before hand rather than specifically to your son or after the fact either way) it sure would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2008   #212
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 10634 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Myers Traded and Signed

A Big Welcome from the north as well. I work with a Broncos fan (who I've already thanked ). I have Sunday Ticket, so I watch all the Texans games. I would like to thank you as well for interacting with the fans. Sure is great to have Chris on our team. I wish him all the best.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #213
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Just a note........

Just dropped Chris off at the Ft Lauderdale airport to head back to Denver from his week in Miami. He is chomping at the bit wanting to get to Houston for workouts. He should fly in on Thursday and start his workouts on Friday with Winston.

This entire week Chris has done nothing but talk about how excited he is to be comming to Houston and he just wants to get started NOW. He has a hard time waiting to get going.

On another note.....some of you have suggested areas of Houston for Chris to purchase a home. Are there any large lakes close to Reliant that have nice large homes on them? He would like to not drive more then 20 minutes or so to get to the facility and I know in Houston that may be asking a bit much with the traffic. Any imput is appreciated.
Old 03-23-2008   #214
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On another note.....some of you have suggested areas of Houston for Chris to purchase a home. Are there any large lakes close to Reliant that have nice large homes on them? He would like to not drive more then 20 minutes or so to get to the facility and I know in Houston that may be asking a bit much with the traffic. Any imput is appreciated.
Twenty minutes in Houston is a very constricting limitation.

Lake Conroe is about 50 miles north of Houston and has the most nice developments on and around it. Lake Livingston is a little farther--it is a much larger lake and has less upscale development but there certainly are nice areas. Lake Houston is a similar distance and is smaller than Conroe--don't know much about the housing. South of the stadium 30 miles or so there are lots of places that have gulf access as well.
Old 03-23-2008   #215
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 132152 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i love how eager he sounds, the joys of youth lol.

i'm not very familiar with much inside the loop but it's pretty much law that it takes no less than 30 minutes to get anywhere in houston (folks underestimate how stretched out the houston metro area is, plus obviously the traffic). i'd suggest creating a topic in the no sports talk section to get the most feedback. clear lake's a popular area (southeast) and roughly 40-50 minutes to reliant depending on traffic. sienna plantation (southwest) is also very nice and 30-40 minutes away.
Old 03-23-2008   #216
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i love how eager he sounds, the joys of youth lol.

i'm not very familiar with much inside the loop but it's pretty much law that it takes no less than 30 minutes to get anywhere in houston (folks underestimate how stretched out the houston metro area is, plus obviously the traffic). i'd suggest creating a topic in the no sports talk section to get the most feedback. clear lake's a popular area (southeast) and roughly 40-50 minutes to reliant depending on traffic. sienna plantation (southwest) is also very nice and 30-40 minutes away.
Thanks Scooter,,

I wasnt thinking ( no sport talk section ). I will perhaps try that. I kind of had the impression the traffic is much like Miami which pretty much takes 30 minutes to go anywhere also.
Old 03-23-2008   #217
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The major highway accesses are very unpredictable. What may take 20-30 minutes one day can easily take a hour or more another. I live within 10 minutes of Reliant. The family neighborhood has most of all the niceties.........but no lake. Several high profile sports figures live here. Chris might entertain living closer rather further, and have a family "weekend hideaway" in the areas pointed out by the others.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #218
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Chris might entertain living closer rather further, and have a family "weekend hideaway" in the areas pointed out by the others.
That would be a very good solution.
Old 03-23-2008   #219
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The major highway accesses are very unpredictable. What may take 20-30 minutes one day can easily take a hour or more another. I live within 10 minutes of Reliant. The family neighborhood has most of all the niceties.........but no lake. Several high profile sports figures live here. Chris might entertain living closer rather further, and have a family "weekend hideaway" in the areas pointed out by the others.
Cloak makes an excellent suggestion. There are a lot of really nice reasonably priced homes inside the loop (some within 10 minutes of Reliant Center) that would make a great place to live during work weeks and you could save the nice home near the water for days off.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008   #220
55Olinesdad
Rookie

Quote:
LOL great suggestion, I think Chris is looking for ONE home to purchase. I think if he wants to go spend some time on a lake........he can go rent something.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read