Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2008   #21
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Shaun Alexander To Texans??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Herv & I were joking about Alexander joining the Texans in the Dunn thread, last week. Some joke.

Alexander is a native of the Cincinnati area and it wouldn't surprise me if he looked there first. I'm not sure how the Bengals feel about Rudi Johnson after his horrible '07 season. Maybe the Bengals cut him loose and we start a "Rudi to Houston thread" Why not.
Rep Time!!

Seriously...even if he we could afford him, and had all the money in the world, the reason he's been doing badly is his O-line (or that's why he did so well before), why would he come to a team regarded as having an aweful line?? I'm not saying it is aweful, I'm saying that's the perception around the league. Answer : He would be crazy to unless his agent truly knows Gibbs.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #22
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign Alexander and Brown, then with Green they would only need one more o.f. and they could probably make it through a season - although counting on each to make it through four games may be a tall order.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #23
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Herv & I were joking about Alexander joining the Texans in the Dunn thread, last week. Some joke.

Alexander is a native of the Cincinnati area and it wouldn't surprise me if he looked there first. I'm not sure how the Bengals feel about Rudi Johnson after his horrible '07 season. Maybe the Bengals cut him loose and we start a "Rudi to Houston thread" Why not.
It wont be much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Alexander is leaving Seattle, because he all of a sudden isn't as tough & resilient as he was before the big $$.

I'm already planning my Fantasy Draft strategy for next season, & I'm thinking Alexander would be there in the fifth round. Third, had he stayed in Seatle, as "the starter".

Alexader has a lot to prove, & I'm pulling for him to prove it. He'll be a steal, for whatever team lands him.

But we took that chance with Ahman Green, no reason to spin the barrel again.
Old 03-12-2008   #25
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Sign Alexander and Brown, then with Green they would only need one more o.f. and they could probably make it through a season - although counting on each to make it through four games may be a tall order.
But think of all the sponsorship bucks we could get from AARP
;o)
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #26
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
He doesn't run like he used to two or three years ago.
The problem isn't how he's running, but who he's running behind. Hutchinson seemed to take all of Shaun Alexander's talent to Minnesotta.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #27
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The problem isn't how he's running, but who he's running behind. Hutchinson seemed to take all of Shaun Alexander's talent to Minnesota
That's EXACTLY right.
Alexander was never the same after that.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 03-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2008   #28
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
So far this off season we have been the front runner for Turner, Dunn, and now Alexander.

And we have not talked to a single one of them.
Yeah, what he said.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #29
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The problem isn't how he's running, but who he's running behind. Hutchinson seemed to take all of Shaun Alexander's talent to Minnesotta.
I disagree...he wasn't running with the same speed he had prior to his injury. I think he's looking old, regardless of his offensive line.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #30
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame Madden.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #31
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I disagree...he wasn't running with the same speed he had prior to his injury. I think he's looking old, regardless of his offensive line.
Slamming into DEs and DTs instead of CBs and safeties, because your best lineman was allowed to walk will make you slow down and "look old"
Old 03-13-2008   #32
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
I blame Madden.
Like the cover curse? Damn Right.
Old 03-13-2008   #33
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
That's EXACTLY right.
Alexander was never the same after that.
if that's the case, i'd rather trade for hutchinson and [JohnMadden]boom![/JohnMadden] our running game is fixed.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #34
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Slamming into DEs and DTs instead of CBs and safeties, because your best lineman was allowed to walk will make you slow down and "look old"
they still have their best passing offensive lineman in HOF-to-be Walter Jones but losing Hutchinson to that poison-pill contract tactic by the Vikings was an example of how not to handle negotiations with one of your guys. It has been a factor in Alexander's demise more than any Madden cover could ever dream of. Seattle has gotten a little pass happy over the years and gotten away from what got them to the Super Bowl and within a play or two of winning it.

The Green signing didn't hurt us that much. The only thing you lost was $$ and a little extra cap space (which we arent even close to being over). No draft picks, no nothin'.

We can't take on Alexander's current contract but if he is released he is another low risk-high reward possibility like Green was. I think he may relish a chance to play here. We got a damn young team and it should only get better. The guy is a gamer and I would have no problem seeing Shawn Alexander in a Texans uniform. You can't let past failures make you afraid to pull the trigger. There is no success without failure. I would actually have no problem with Green AND Alexander in our backfield. It is doable especially if Green capitulates and renegotiates his deal to be more team friendly. Green, Alexander, Walker. Taylor as our project. Draft Hester out of LSU in the 5th round and add depth and running threat at FB. That would allow us to improve our defense (our weak link last year) with our first 3 picks while not neglecting the RB position or putting all our eggs in Green's basket. Were gonna put it in two guys basket's(AG and SA)....ok that didn't sound right but you get my point.

One thing he knows about Houston is that he would have a chance to start from Day One. As long as the deal is Texans friendly, I am totally down.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 03-13-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #35
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no doubt that the front office will look into this, they seem to look at every possibilty, nothing like observing due diligence.
Old 03-13-2008   #36
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing like a Bang Cartoon to say it like it is:

Major Softee
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #37
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, "looks like Omar Epps guy".....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #38
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have a point, but even coming out of the backfield, he just looked like he lost a step. Now, I don't know if he'll take the Edge route and look better next year, needing a full year on the field to recover, but he's getting old.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #39
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I would sign Alexander to a 2 year contract maybe, This guy is so beat up just like Ahman Green. I would rather we draft a running back of our own instead fooling around with these guys who have a boat load injuries and are basically at the end of there careers. I say lets pass on this one too.
Old 03-13-2008   #40
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a big fan of Shaun Alexander. He was great a few years ago, but his running style is such that you knew he can't last too much longer. Right now it's speculation at best to assume that the Texans are interested in Alexander. With Ahman Green already on board I don't see the point of adding another over the hill running back like Alexander.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read