Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2008   #161
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Rotoworld: Texans intersted in meeting with Tacks RB Chris Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This injury thing is being overblown. Brown has missed one game due to injury in the past three seasons.
I don't have any numbers for you, but I had Chris Brown on my fantasy team a few years back. The guy didn't miss games, but he'd go out injured at the half all the damn time. There were some games where he ran for 100+ yards in the first half - and then nothing the rest of the game. That's where the injury rap comes from.
Old 03-13-2008   #162
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
"Gibbs, he's a guru," Brown said. "He started this whole zone blocking scheme, and that's what I really love to run. That's what I ran in college and then ran a little bit in Tennessee, and that's what I'm best at."
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...autonation.com
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #163
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in RB Chris Brown/Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
I think running the ball will cut down on turnovers themselves. Since we didnt have much of a running game, we somehow became one of the top passing offenses in the league stat wise. 11th according to NFL.com. So we pass less, drastically reduces INTs.

A ground game will open up play action as well as keep defenses more honest.

Then again when we do run we have to HOLD ON to the ball....thats a whole other story.
I saw he had like 12 fumbles (7 lost) in 5 or 6 years (however long he has been in )
one fumble all of last year if i looked at the stat right
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #164
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Brown didn't play in a lot of the games because he was in Fishers doghouse

I tried to look up what injuries he had but haven't found it yet
Old 03-13-2008   #165
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't have any numbers for you, but I had Chris Brown on my fantasy team a few years back. The guy didn't miss games, but he'd go out injured at the half all the damn time. There were some games where he ran for 100+ yards in the first half - and then nothing the rest of the game. That's where the injury rap comes from.
He definitely gets dinged, I am just trying to get across to people that are acting like he will be lucky to play in 4 games next year that he generally answers the bell for the start of the game.
Old 03-13-2008   #166
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I saw he had like 12 fumbles (7 lost) in 5 or 6 years (however long he has been in )
one fumble all of last year if i looked at the stat right
yeah i just saw that. thanks for the info. With that in mind i think this could be a better pick up then people realize.

Im almost over the bitterness that we didnt go after Michael Turner LOL oh well.
Old 03-13-2008   #167
Wolf
100% Texan

off topic but titans board is talking about Alexander being a Titan and (profootballtalk rumor) and some are freaking out that they don't want him
http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=34885
Quote:
What is our fixation with picking up these running backs that are slow as hell and only average 3 yards a carry? Are we ever going to get some interest in..dare I say it..SPEED?

Nah, we like "time of possession" and losing at the end, good call. No more Seahawk rejects Mike, k?
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2008   #168
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting confused here, is Dayne a UFA or have we released him ?
Old 03-13-2008   #169
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

I have never really seen Chris Brown play - and I can see that he's had some injury issues in the past - but when he's healthy, is this guy the goods?

Just trying to figure out if this signing is something to be excited about.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #170
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

This what I remember anytime Chris Brown is mentioned:

DE-CLEATED!!!

Last edited by TexanAddict; 03-13-2008 at 06:42 PM.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #171
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

So, looks like our RB's by training camp will be Chris Brown, Ahman Green, Darius Walker, and Chris Taylor. We can work with that.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #172
stiff
Rookie

Quote:
Just trying to figure out if this signing is something to be excited about.
From the stand point of not going into next season relying on Green and Dayne I would say yes. Plus, he is no longer a tack. Although this means that Alexander will probably be a tack.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #173
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Getting confused here, is Dayne a UFA or have we released him ?

UFA.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #174
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
UFA.
TY.
Old 03-13-2008   #175
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
from the same article

Need I say more.
lol nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #176
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a bad signing but not one that gets me real excited either. From my recollection of watching him play he has decent speed and is fairly physical. If we end up keeping him and Green, hopefully the two of them together can put together an entire season. We came into last season with a bunch of veterans in the WR corp who had big question marks, and they turned out alright, hopefully the RB's can do the same next year.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #177
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiff View Post
Although this means that Alexander will probably be a tack.
Good. Suck up some cap room.
Old 03-13-2008   #178
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No, he hasn't.
I said earlier that I will get on his bandwagon if he signs so I will back him as a Texan, but for whatever reason, either ineffective play or injuries, Brown has never played a full 16 game season.

In his rookie year, 2003, he played in 11 games with 0 starts.

In 2004 he played in 11 games with 11 starts.

In 2005 he played in 15 games with 14 starts.

In 2006 he played in 5 games with 3 starts.

In 2007 he played in 12 games with 1 start.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #179
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
I think running the ball will cut down on turnovers themselves. Since we didnt have much of a running game, we somehow became one of the top passing offenses in the league stat wise. 11th according to NFL.com. So we pass less, drastically reduces INTs.

A ground game will open up play action as well as keep defenses more honest.

Then again when we do run we have to HOLD ON to the ball....thats a whole other story.
this is all true, did the pats get any points off the ny turnovers in the superbowl?, i don't think they did, could be wrong, it's looks like we will have a kickass offense, however our defense lead the league in points allowed off turnovers and we still need to build a championship defense. i'm all for controlling the clock but our defense still has holes and turnovers will happen
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #180
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

610 just reported the Brown deal is for 2 years--------other details not yet disclosed.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read