Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2008   #141
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans agree to terms with Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No, he hasn't.
There you go again with your silly facts and stuff...
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #142
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No, he hasn't.

from the article:

Quote:
With the Titans, Brown was a terrific runner when he was healthy, but he was injured in each of his five seasons with Tennessee.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #143
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans intersted in RB Chris Brown/Signed

dude was a beast at colorado and he might be a fantasy sleeper, can't complain about the move, just hope for the best
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #144
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey guys, don't get me wrong here, I hope he turns out to be what we are looking for and tears up the NFL in our system. But I'm just going by what I read.

Old 03-13-2008   #145
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
from the article:
from the same article

Quote:
By JOHN McCLAIN
Need I say more.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #146
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld: Texans intersted in meeting with Tacks RB Chris Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrewster2000 View Post
"Son of a ...... Thats gonna leave a mark."
"Going back on topic to Chris Brown for a second"

Ahman Green, "I wish we would have known each other... THAT was a little awkward." haha
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #147
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans do draft a back, one of those guy's is going to get cut. I think Darius Walker is a likely candidate to be cut at this point.
Old 03-13-2008   #148
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans were looking for another veteran running back who fit the system. They don't plan to re-sign Ron Dayne.
Without Ron Dayne how are we going to make up that 59.6 yards of rushing per game?

Welcome aboard Chris Brown and congratulations for shedding off your Pansy take it the butt blue and wear the colors of real men.

May you destroy and single handedly defeat the Titans each and every time we play them.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #149
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
If the Texans do draft a back, one of those guy's is going to get cut. I think Darius Walker is a likely candidate to be cut at this point.
I dont think Walker or Green will be on the roster on opening day.

Old 03-13-2008   #150
SheTitan
Rookie

Rep Power: 942 SheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTitan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a link to his stats
http://www.nfl.com/players/chrisbrow...s?id=BRO341343
Old 03-13-2008   #151
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I dont think Walker or Green will be on the roster on opening day.
Hmm..I don't know at this point. We've heard so little about Ahman Green's injury that it could be a bad sign. But on the other hand if Ahman is fully healthy then he can clearly be a good running back. Walker on the other hand I think is too small to be a full time starter but he can be a situational guy. But I don't think the Texans will keep this many backs on the team if they decide to draft one.
Old 03-13-2008   #152
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in RB Chris Brown/Signed

Jonathan Stewart just emailed me this buffalo vs. duck match-up & clearly the best runner was a duck & not a certain rb named Chris Brown-

Chris Brown, who rushed for 198 yards and a school-record six
touchdowns against Nebraska, was held to just 30 yards on nine
carries.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score.../102001309.htm

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #153
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i think our rb situation is now all about strength in numbers, no way all these guys are hurt, imagine if chris taylor lives up to the message board hype along with a healthy green, brown, and walker. WOW. now all we need to do is cut down on the turnovers.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #154
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Jonathan Stewart just emailed me this buffalo vs. duck match-up & clearly the best runner was a duck & not a certain rb named Chris Brown-

Chris Brown, who rushed for 198 yards and a school-record six
touchdowns against Nebraska, was held to just 30 yards on nine
carries.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score.../102001309.htm
I dont understand this post. Stewart was like 14.

Old 03-13-2008   #155
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Hey guys, don't get me wrong here, I hope he turns out to be what we are looking for and tears up the NFL in our system. But I'm just going by what I read.
another reason to stay away injuries should I say Ahman Green!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008   #156
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
i think our rb situation is now all about strength in numbers, no way all these guys are hurt, imagine if chris taylor lives up to the message board hype along with a healthy green, brown, and walker. WOW. now all we need to do is cut down on the turnovers.
I think running the ball will cut down on turnovers themselves. Since we didnt have much of a running game, we somehow became one of the top passing offenses in the league stat wise. 11th according to NFL.com. So we pass less, drastically reduces INTs.

A ground game will open up play action as well as keep defenses more honest.

Then again when we do run we have to HOLD ON to the ball....thats a whole other story.
Old 03-13-2008   #157
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

some need to cut the guy some slack

he was 25/29 on field goals for us and 40/40 on extra points

3 of the misses for 40-49 range and one miss 20-29 range but 5/5 on 50+

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=1981

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #158
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Well, maybe the thought is around the odds of both Green and Brown injured at the same time will be low. Either of those two would be terrific when they are healthy.

It doesn't matter now, the deal is done and Brown is a Texan. As with anything else they do, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Old 03-13-2008   #159
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld: Texans intersted in meeting with Tacks RB Chris Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
"Going back on topic to Chris Brown for a second"

Ahman Green, "I wish we would have known each other... THAT was a little awkward." haha
Nice! The only thing getting me through this thread are the Tommy Boy quotes.

"Your brain has a thin candy shell".....what a freaking great movie.

As far as the Chris Brown thing, I want to see the $ before I rush to judgement. I think he can be a good back when healthy as everybody and their dog has said. Should make for an interesting camp.
Old 03-13-2008   #160
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I dont understand this post. Stewart was like 14.
LOL!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read