Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-11-2008   #21
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld: Texans intersted in meeting with Tacks RB Chris Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Brown is a frustrating type player. he does not totally suck, but between his injury issues (never really major) and just enough fumbling he drives a person to
I see you've had him in fantasy football as well.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
I see you've had him in fantasy football as well.
How could you take a titan back, it seems like a very dangerous proposition as far as TD go.
Old 03-12-2008   #23
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll pass. Don't want him, don't need him, wouldn't use him if you gave him to me.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #24
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Are Darius Walker and Chris Taylor still eligable for the practice squad? Because if we bring in another RB I don't know if there is enough room for both of them but they have both looked good. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we don't touch the RB position. We signed Ahman Green who will hopefully be atleast somewhat servicable this year. Darius and Chris have both show promise and given the chance I think they both could carry the load. I'd like to shore up the defense in the draft, especially on the first day, with a CB in the first and a OLB in the third. With Alex Gibbs as a coach I think that we will be fine with what we have. We don't need to be sniffing around guys like Chris Brown.
Old 03-12-2008   #25
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Let me guess, Shaun Alexander is next?
Not just yet. We're waiting for the Seahawks to finish breaking him in first. He's our primary free agent target in 09'
Old 03-12-2008   #26
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Not just yet. We're waiting for the Seahawks to finish breaking him in first. He's our primary free agent target in 09'
please no.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #27
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I do not believe Chris Brown would be considered as a replacement for Dayne in that he does not tend to do well in the Red Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
How is this different from Ron Dayne? Did Dayne become "Dangerous" in the red zone and I didn't get a memo?
Exactly. I'd say that makes them pretty similar.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-12-2008   #28
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Exactly. I'd say that makes them pretty similar.

I think that's not by accident, the Texans are masters at cheap insurance in camp. I think Kubes and company are just hedging their bets in case the guy they want isnt available in the draft. Then after the draft they will hedge some more with the UDFA market. I would think people would have caught on by now.
Old 03-12-2008   #29
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I think that's not by accident, the Texans are masters at cheap insurance in camp. I think Kubes and company are just hedging their bets in case the guy they want isnt available in the draft. Then after the draft they will hedge some more with the UDFA market. I would think people would have caught on by now.
No no, the sky is definately falling!
Old 03-12-2008   #30
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 132152 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

good talent, more risk than most would like, and minimal salary ... sounds accurate to me. if he signs, he signs low or not at all. if he earns a spot and plays, great - he's got the talent to make an impact. if not, no major loss. i like it ... a lot of upside with little downside (outside of fumbles). i know that young backups are automatically fan favorites, but i'd rather sign every minimum available than hope that taylor & walker are hall of fame bound.

and i'll stick up for dayne, in his role as a grinder he was solid and filled in admirably as a starter because our main backs couldnt. he did his job and then some, give him the credit that one of the worst tackles in football (salaam) gets for his efforts. dayne earned his check.
Old 03-12-2008   #31
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
and i'll stick up for dayne, in his role as a grinder he was solid and filled in admirably as a starter because our main backs couldnt. he did his job and then some, give him the credit that one of the worst tackles in football (salaam) gets for his efforts. dayne earned his check.
exactly, he did what was asked of him.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #32
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Injury prone and a waste of time.
Old 03-12-2008   #33
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Injury prone and a waste of time.

Kinda ruins youre argument about getting a RB in the first round huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Dude don't take the bait this is a complete smoke screen for the other teams to bite on. It's obvious the Texans are going to draft a running back really high because they haven't done anything in free agency to at least address the position. IMO the texans are poised to draft a running back in round 1 which one we don't know but all of moves are pointing in that direction.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #34
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 168146 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Gee kinda sounds like Fred Taylor to me. On the bright side he would probably be injured less since he wouldn't be getting laid out by our DBs twice a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
How is this different from Ron Dayne? Did Dayne become "Dangerous" in the red zone and I didn't get a memo?
I like many aspects of Brown's game, but as far as "red zone" performance, I was referring to his fumbling, the rate of which is at least twice that of Dayne (Brown-13 in 5 years,of which 8 were lost/Dayne-7 in 7 years, of which 4 were lost).............and most of those have been in the "red zone" leading to significant fan fraustration.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #36
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Gee kinda sounds like Fred Taylor to me. On the bright side he would probably be injured less since he wouldn't be getting laid out by our DBs twice a year.
I would much rather see our DL and LB's lay out opposing RB's instead of our DB's!!!
:music:
Old 03-12-2008   #37
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 132152 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

2006 . Hou . 11games . 151rushes . 612yards . 4.1ypc . 19long . 5TD . 2fumble
2007 . Hou . 13games . 194rushes . 773yards . 4.0ypc . 39long . 6TD . 1fumble

2006 . NOR . 16games . 155rushes . 565yards . 3.6ypc . 18long . 6TD . 2fumble:
2007 . NOR . 12games . 157rushes . 581yards . 3.7ypc . 22long . 4TD . 7fumble

the first player is the maligned backup for the texans who earns a near minimum salary and as a minority I hope will be back as #2 this year.

the second player is the best runningback to come out of college in the last 30 years who broke the bank before playing a down. production vs potential means squat in this league.
Old 03-12-2008   #38
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
2006 . Hou . 11games . 151rushes . 612yards . 4.1ypc . 19long . 5TD . 2fumble
2007 . Hou . 13games . 194rushes . 773yards . 4.0ypc . 39long . 6TD . 1fumble

2006 . NOR . 16games . 155rushes . 565yards . 3.6ypc . 18long . 6TD . 2fumble:
2007 . NOR . 12games . 157rushes . 581yards . 3.7ypc . 22long . 4TD . 7fumble

the first player is the maligned backup for the texans who earns a near minimum salary and as a minority I hope will be back as #2 this year.

the second player is the best runningback to come out of college in the last 30 years who broke the bank before playing a down. production vs potential means squat in this league.

Leaving off Reggies receiving yards is like leaving out VYs rushing yards. Sure it makes your arguement look better but it doesn't paint a full picture. Reggie also had over 1,100 receiving yards over those two seasons. Dayne had under 200 yards receiving over the last two seasons.

Last edited by Overalls; 03-12-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #39
Scooter
Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
Leaving off Reggies receiving yards is like leaving out VYs rushing yards. Sure it makes your arguement look better but it doesn't paint a full picture. Reggie also had over 1,100 receiving yards over those two seasons. Dayne had under 200 yards receiving over the last two seasons.
it's also like leaving off ted ginn's return numbers and michael griffin's special teams tackles.

domanick davis averaged 400+ yards receiving in our under .500 years. ladainian tomlinson had 100 receptions and 725yds in a 4 win year. if you have no line (chargers replaced 4 starters on their O-line for 04) and an offense built on dumpoffs it's easy to inflate stats without production. where in those awesome yardage numbers are anything over 20yds ... either as a back or receiver? surely there's something ... anything? hello? bueller?

edit: my arguement is to defend dayne for what he's done both in and outside of his role (i'd like to see him back), and to emphasize the need to sign as many cheap and potentially effective backs as possible ... similar to our 06 defensive tackle situation. taking a shot at reggie bust is just a bonus.

Last edited by Scooter; 03-12-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #40
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls View Post
True in part, but then you aren't considering his yards per reception which are piss poor even for a RB--Link

DD by the way averaged 8.3 ypc for 939 yards in his first two years. I seem to recall hearing people around Houston talking about how ineffective all those little dump-offs were.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read