Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2008   #201
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in RB Chris Brown/Signed

I don't understand the Dayne hate. He averaged a good solid 4 yards a carry and had only 2 fumbles in his 2 years here.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #202
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Wow, maybe we can put all of our current RB's together and form some sort of shitty RB Voltron.
Possibly the best one-liner ever.

Really.
Old 03-13-2008   #203
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
I don't understand the Dayne hate. He averaged a good solid 4 yards a carry and had only 2 fumbles in his 2 years here.
Its his awsome 59 yards a game and the inability to run for 1 yard at the goal-line or on 4th downs.

He also does not show up to play until week 8.

For the last two years he has had the bulk of the carries and for the last two years we have finished in the bottom of rushing.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #204
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

So which RB won't make the roster?

I expect we will draft a back in the 3rd or 4th. I wouldn't expect them to cut the young man.

Green, Brown, Taylor, Walker, Rookie? Who will be cut? I can only see them keeping 3 on the roster.

I vote we add a shitty RB Voltron Smiley to the selection.

Do we give him number 29 or 30? Perhaps we can give him number 29 1/2.

Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #205
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I wish the draft would hurry up & get here, not because I'm tired of making/reading mock drafts either, its that darn GM Rick Smith before the draft even gets here he's gonna have all our needs filled & no reason to even make draft selections

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #206
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
So which RB won't make the roster?

I expect we will draft a back in the 3rd or 4th. I wouldn't expect them to cut the young man.

Green, Brown, Taylor, Walker, Rookie? Who will be cut? I can only see them keeping 3 on the roster.

I vote we add a shitty RB Voltron Smiley to the selection.

Do we give him number 29 or 30? Perhaps we can give him number 29 1/2.

Barring serious injury, I believe we will keep 4 on the 53 man roster:

CBrown
AGreen
CTaylor
Walker or a rookie TBA..

My guess is it will be a late round rookie who can play special teams. Otherwise, he and/or Walker will likely find themselves on the practice squad. I see no way we draft a RB in the first 4 rounds!

As much as it is true that CBrown has been injury-prone, he has played in at least 11 games every season- that's not too bad!
dalemurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #207
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spled View Post
It's not hate, it's honest evaluation. I like and appreciate him, however he is slow, overweight, over the hill, has poor vision, and will never be a key piece of a playoff team.
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2008   #208
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You gotta' be kidding me.

The free agent move we make is for a guy who can't wrestle the starting job from LenDale White?

I want to publicly state that I am ready to fist-fight anybody who thinks this is a good move. He's injury-prone and M.I.A. as much as Green was last year.

Forget the details of the contract. I wouldn't care if we'd spent $1 on him. To me, that's $1 that could have bought a burger for Dayne.

LOL. I hate this team. We are so retarded when it comes to running backs.
Old 03-13-2008   #209
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Barring serious injury, I believe we will keep 4 on the 53 man roster:

CBrown
AGreen
CTaylor
Walker or a rookie TBA..

My guess is it will be a late round rookie who can play special teams. Otherwise, he and/or Walker will likely find themselves on the practice squad. I see no way we draft a RB in the first 4 rounds!

As much as it is true that CBrown has been injury-prone, he has played in at least 11 games every season- that's not too bad!

So are you thinking we draft CB, OT, CB in rounds 1-4?

I don't think Taylor will be ready. I have not seen a RB come back from a serious knee injury in the following year and play well. I did like him before the injury.
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #210
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaninlild View Post
So are you thinking we draft CB, OT, CB in rounds 1-4?

I don't think Taylor will be ready. I have not seen a RB come back from a serious knee injury in the following year and play well. I did like him before the injury.

Well, my understanding is that it was a pretty clean ACL tear. Guys are coming back to that pretty quickly now. Also, he was injured in August- it's not like it happened in November. He should be fully recovered from the injury 7-9 months afterwards. After that, it's a matter of mentally recovering. So, I think he should be good to go by preseason. However, you never know.
Old 03-13-2008   #211
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there's a fairly decent chance that we don't even draft a RB now.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #212
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

One thing about chris brown is that if he hits a crease, he's gone. He has explosion as good as any back in the league. if he gets some of those creases dayne got last yr, it will be a long run. Browns problem has always been health related. I can see him getting 15 carries per and the neext back getting 15 carries per and kubes riding the hot hand.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #213
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am satisfied with this move.we filled a hole, injury prone or not this team is a RBBC and hopefully parts of the shitty voltron will stand the test of 16 or more weeks... i don't know what we paid the guy but like Aj said on my signature... This team has to build its stars through the draft.. CC and crew proved that there is a reason players are left to go to FA .they want to get paid and paid well. (overpay) and teams that have their star core players find ways to keep them.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #214
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our draft board is set or close to it by now... doesn't mean if someone slips that Kubiak isn't afraid to either take him or move down.

but I think brown gives us an option on draft day on whether to move up/move down or stay pat ...IF we are looking at RB
Old 03-13-2008   #215
Wolf
100% Texan

interesting scenario if we would have chose it
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/playerS...egoryId=140393
brown
career 4.3 average per rush and 9 average per catch with 13 fumbles (8 lost)

or who we possibly could have had
Bush
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...e?statsId=77513.7 average per rush and 7.2 average per catch with 9 fumbles(5 lost)

I am just saying so far Texans dodged a bullet, so please dont' read much more into it
Old 03-13-2008   #216
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Man I wish the draft would hurry up & get here, not because I'm tired of making/reading mock drafts either, its that darn GM Rick Smith before the draft even gets here he's gonna have all our needs filled & no reason to even make draft selections

gotta love 'em!
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #217
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You gotta' be kidding me.

The free agent move we make is for a guy who can't wrestle the starting job from LenDale White?

I want to publicly state that I am ready to fist-fight anybody who thinks this is a good move. He's injury-prone and M.I.A. as much as Green was last year.

Forget the details of the contract. I wouldn't care if we'd spent $1 on him. To me, that's $1 that could have bought a burger for Dayne.

LOL. I hate this team. We are so retarded when it comes to running backs.
wow.
Old 03-14-2008   #218
barrett
Hall of Fame

also, keep in mind it's just one more player in camp competing for a roster spot. not even a first or second string spot... it's a good pickup. he's cheap, shown flashes and at the very least will improve the position because of the camp competition.

end of debate.
Old 03-14-2008   #219
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will still draft a running back. I think we go into the season with 4 RBs, Ahman Green being the odd man out. It will be running back by committee. That would be my guess.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #220
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this signing. I think Chris Brown can do very well in our system. He has shown flashes of what he can do. Unfortunately he's always nicked up. To me it kind of seems that's we're fixing our running back situation the same way we fixed the WR position last year. Last season we had Kevin Walter, Andre Davis, and Jacoby Jones all fighting to be the #2 WR. It brought about good competition and our WR corps was much improved. I think the same thing will happen with our running backs. We now have Chris Taylor, Darius Walker, Chris Brown, and Ahman Green to compete for the guy getting the most playing time. Maybe it's just a gut feeling, but between Brown, Taylor, and Walker I think we may find our future RB out of that group.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read