Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-02-2004   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Weak, weak NFC.

If we were in the NFC we would have a wild card spot right now!

With a 5-6 record the St. Lous Rams have one... weak...

Playoffs
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

And the sadder thing....Dallas at 4-7 still has a more than legit shot at the playoffs.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Did you hear the NFC complaining when they were winning 13 straight Super Bowls (by quite a large margin I might add)?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
Did you hear the NFC complaining when they were winning 13 straight Super Bowls (by quite a large margin I might add)?
Hanging on to the glory days eh? Well enjoy. Im sure they will be great thoughts this January.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think it would be funny if Seattle or St. Louis won the NFC West with a 7-9 record.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #6
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pulling for the Cards.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's safe to say at this point of the season that there will be some NFC teams with less than outstanding records in the playoffs this year. I guess it depends on who gets hot. Remember GB started out the season with something like 4 losses in a row I think until this recent winning streak.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2004   #8
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Hanging on to the glory days eh? Well enjoy. Im sure they will be great thoughts this January.
They will be. Every January brings back great memories. But hey, I don't expect you to know what I'm talking about.

And the point remains...it's a cyclical thing. For whatever reasons, the NFC is down this year. It happens.
Old 12-04-2004   #9
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

We'll see when the Pro Bowl comes around!!! JK, NFC will get creamed. Or will they?

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004   #10
Jonathan_Vilma
waterboy

Default ...

I'd just like to point out that the past doesn't really matter anymore, in relation to what is happening NOW and how the AFC is dominating NOW.

AFC > NFC.
Jonathan_Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004   #11
ColdSteelBlue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I think it would be funny if Seattle or St. Louis won the NFC West with a 7-9 record.
It might just happen.
ColdSteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #12
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
And the point remains...it's a cyclical thing. For whatever reasons, the NFC is down this year. It happens.
The NFC with their 54 Million Dollar Man at work ...
0-3 since he started.
16 points scored by the offense.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004   #13
CrumplerFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTexan
0-3 since he started.
Baby Manning isn't something anyone except some stubborn NYC Fans are proud of. But it's fun to see your favorite NFC team playing the Giants.
CrumplerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #14
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Of all the teams tied at 5-7 - Dallas, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, New York Giants and Tampa Bay - the Cowboys are the only team Sunday scheduled to play an opponent with a losing record, the New Orleans Saints (4-8).

The Panthers play the 6-6 St. Louis Cardinals, the Bears play the 6-6 Jacksonville Jaguars, the Lions play the 7-5 Green Bay Packers, the Giants are playing the 7-5 Baltimore Ravens and the Buccaneers are playing the 9-3 San Diego Chargers.

Things seemingly are looking up for the Cowboys . . . if they can win.

If the Seahawks lose to the Vikings and the Cowboys beat the Saints, the Cowboys will have the same record as Seattle at 6-7. Dallas holds tie breaker over Seattle because of Monday's win.

Going into Week 14, only one of the teams left on the Cowboys schedule has a winning record. The Philadelphia Eagles have clinched the NFC East Division title and are playing for a first-round bye on Sunday. The Cowboys will face Philly on the road the following Sunday.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Vilma
I'd just like to point out that the past doesn't really matter anymore, in relation to what is happening NOW and how the AFC is dominating NOW.

AFC > NFC.
Sure the past matters, if I'm using it as a reference towards cycles...which is what I did.

Quote:
0-3 since he started.
I know. Ain't it awesome!? I only wish I could be a fly on the walls of San Diego's GM.

Eli Manning =
Old 12-12-2004   #16
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't know if Eli is as good as Peyton, but it certainly would be a chance I'd be willing to take.
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read