Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2008   #141
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vikings want to trade for Rosenfels..............

If this happened, which I seriously doubt it will, we would have to draft a QB or pick up a guy like Chris Simms, or something. We'd be in a worse off situation. I don't want to bring in anymore veterans at RB, I'd like to add a rookie but we are good with veteran RBS (Green, Dayne, and now Chris Brown)
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #142
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We will not trade Sage, Trust me

And we will be drafting A tackle
Old 03-16-2008   #143
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
...or pick up a guy like Chris Simms, or something. We'd be in a worse off situation.
I've been saying for a while now that we need to pick up Simms because, if we do that, then Winston becomes our premium pass blocker and we can pick up a RT-quality LT in the draft in a later round. Or move Pitts back out there....

Anyhooooooooo

Maybe its time for bed.
Old 03-16-2008   #144
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

something that could quite possibly have a huge bearing on if the trade is realised:

Quote:
Craig Nall-QB- Packers Mar. 16 - 11:52 am et
The Texans, Vikings, and Packers have reportedly had discussions with free agent QB Craig Nall.

If all the Vikings do is add Nall behind Tarvaris Jackson, we wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs. Nall knows Gary Kubiak's system, but the Texans already have one of the league's top backups in Sage Rosenfels. If Houston acquired Nall, it's possible that Rosenfels would go on the trade block.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Related: Texans, Vikings
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #145
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
something that could quite possibly have a huge bearing on if the trade is realised:
Kind of smells like something is cooking IMO. It will be interesting to see if it ever becomes soup.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #146
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Kind of smells like something is cooking IMO. It will be interesting to see if it ever becomes soup.

Thats what I'm thinking also edo. I believe they have someone targeted in the draft that they feel will help the Texans enough to make this trade worth it. Stay tuned.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #147
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

After many beers today, and after not being able to remever any of my past posts, I must exclain Sage for President.

I'm voting for Sage. Sage verses McCain and the bro or the ho is not a contest. Sage is the man.

Sage for president. Who's whith me?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2008   #148
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

wanna see inside thorns house right now????????

Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #149
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, so I'll admit I' drunk, that's not the point. Really.

Sage for president. He's better that the others so far.

Old 03-16-2008   #150
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
OK, so I'll admit I' drunk, that's not the point. Really.

Sage for president. He's better that the others so far.
I'd rather vote for Carr than those farts on 12 TV stations.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #151
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

After taking into consideration I am drunk, and I can barely type (Microsoft Word is saving me) I must say I am voting for Sage. He may be nothing but a back up that brings us to the edge, but I say Sage is The Man.

Old 03-16-2008   #152
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Need I remind anyone who Nall is??????
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008   #153
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as BVP doesnt come anywhere near the team this year, Im OK
Old 03-16-2008   #154
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
After taking into consideration I am drunk, and I can barely type (Microsoft Word is saving me) I must say I am voting for Sage. He may be nothing but a back up that brings us to the edge, but I say Sage is The Man.
I found your video of when you were a baby .

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y6865aUbHZg
Old 03-16-2008   #155
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

Vikings rumored interest in Sage Rosenfels to.... this video. The offseason is long indeed
Old 03-16-2008   #156
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Absolutely not. For the life of me, I can't fathom a good reason to trade away who is arguably our best quarterback. Until Schaub proves that he is, at the very least, able to stay healthy (let alone a consistent football player), Sage will be needed.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #157
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

LOL.

It's a tough job being a dirty (drunk?) old man, but it's something I do well.

Glad I have Monday off.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read