Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dud Adams wins the Lamar Hunt Award

Overalls

All Pro
I don't know. Am I back in Jr. High and did I miss the memo that this is opposite day or something.

Titans | Adams wins Lamar Hunt Award
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:40:35 -0700

Mark Gaughan, of the Buffalo News, reports Tennessee Titans owner K.S. "Bud" Adams attended the 101 Awards banquet and was one of the recipients of the inaugural Lamar Hunt Award for professional football. The award was created to honor visionary leadership in professional football.

Isn't there a difference between being visionary and having visions?

:fans:

It is probably something like Hollywoods walk of fame, where you have to pay to get one (or someone does)

http://www.delaporteglobalimpact.org/DeLaPorte_Global_Impact/Award.html

The Lamar Hunt Award will be presented for the first time at the 2009 Summit on Sports to the top sport organizations and/or franchises that are judged to be exceptional in the areas of leadership and ethics.

Why is the Lamar Hunt Award being established?

It is no secret that the world of sports is in trouble today. All one has to do is look at the front page or watch the evening news. Great works are often overshadowed by corruption. True accountability does not exist. Consequences are all too often insignificant. And recognition has become about stats and individuals. Our mission is in shaping a better world through sports. This award is one effort to do just that. By focusing on the organizations themselves versus the individual, we allow the summation of all actions and behaviors to be acknowledged . The collective people, processes, procedures, policies, standards, principles, etc. that make up a franchise/organization. No one individual. No one action. No one behavior. The Vision for the Lamar Hunt Award is to create standards for ethics and leadership in the world of sports that will allow us to refocus our energy on the fundamental foundation that will be critical in creating a legacy we can all be proud of for years to come.

they set the bar fairly low the first time around IMO

still higher than Jerry jones but I bet that was a photo finish at the line :heh:

The Lamar Hunt Award will be presented for the first time at the 2009 Summit on Sports to the top sport organizations and/or franchises that are judged to be exceptional in the areas of leadership and ethics.

That sounds like a Bud Adams franchise. :sarcasm: The only award that franchise should get is for Jeff Fisher's leadership.

What a phoney award......

Ahh yes to the good ethics of Pac Man Jones the Strip Clubin/drug dealer and Albert Haynesworth the head stomper, what great role models in the sports world......

sniff sniff.

Smells like an evil blog post to me. :specnatz:

Right on.

Ya know the only reason he got this award is not because of anything he has done in the last 20 years but because he was one of the original owners in the AFL So in other words it is relagated to the status of the Nobel Peace prize, a bunch of political BS made worthless becayse of not going with the true meaning of what was said to be the true meaning of the award.

Right on.

Ya know the only reason he got this award is not because of anything he has done in the last 20 years but because he was one of the original owners in the AFL So in other words it is relagated to the status of the Nobel Peace prize, a bunch of political BS made worthless becayse of not going with the true meaning of what was said to be the true meaning of the award.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this, Spec.

The guy's a true asshat, literally. The thing on his head resembles the fur off a Water Buffalo's ass.

I can see how this is gonna go:

Lamar Hunt Award:
(obviously) the innaugural: Bud "the Bad Rug" Adams
next year: Bob Howsam
the year after that: Max Winter
after that: Barron Hilton
Ralph Wilson,
etc.
etc.
etc.
Players might include:
Joe Namath
Billy Cannon
George Blanda
etc.
etc...

The award was created to honor visionary leadership in professional football.

Dud did establish new standards for holding a city hostage, playing one against the other to spend tens of millions on stadium renovations, only to sellout to the highest bidder in the end. I remember a time when HONOR was about loyalty (as in the city of Houston and it's fans), honesty (nothing in Bud's history to reference being honest, as he's been swine from day one), and integrity (*cough*).

They are giving it to the The Rug because his massive coronary might erupt any moment now and they want to give an original AFL owner props before he passes, IMO. It is PC garbage at it's finest.

Back