Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2008   #21
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glenn Earl Re-signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Whoa I hadn't seen that. Link? I thought he was still unsigned.
I think he meant Charlie Anderson (I get them mixed up all the time too).
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
Cox and Horton are gone.
Roberson and Mitchell can go back to the practice squad Harrison Earl Demps and CC will make the roster with Boulware either moved to LB or gone. Faggins would be iffy in my book but, unless a first round CB is brought in i can't see him being cut.
I thought Bentley was brought in to replace Clark at LB....

and speaking of bringing folks in, does the signing of Earl mean they're no longer
interested in Chris Crocker or he's not interested in us?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #23
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

and speaking of bringing folks in, does the signing of Earl mean they're no longer
Unrelated, as Earl plays SS while Crocker plays FS.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #24
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Bentley really replaces Charlie Anderson who signed with the Dolphins. Bentley could end up as a starter but we'll have to see.

We're still interested in Crocker even though we re-signed Demps (not Earl).

And Curome Cox played some quality special teams for us after we picked him up from the Broncos.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #25
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably a good time to review who's currently on the roster and who's not.

On

Offense

Johnson Andre
Davis Andre'
McCoy LeRon
Walter Kevin
Jones Jacoby
Anderson David
Williams Harry

SALAAM Ephraim
Black Jordan
Spencer Charles
Pitts Chester
Studdard Kasey
Jackson Scott
McKINNEY Steve
White Chris
Okobi Chukky
Eslinger Greg
Brisiel Mike
Frye Brandon
Stevenson Dan
Winston Eric
Butler Rashad

Daniels Owen
Dreessen Joel

Schaub Matt
ROSENFELS Sage
Boyd Shane

Leach Vonta
Cook Jameel

GREEN Ahman
Walker Darius
Taylor Chris
Beach Arliss

Defense

Weaver Anthony
Cochran Earl
Powell Eric
Johnson Travis
Maddox Anthony
Bulman Tim
Okoye Amobi
ZGONINA Jeff
Robinson Deljuan
Williams Mario

Bentley Kevin
Ryans DeMeco
Diles Zach
Abbate Jon
Greenwood Morlon
Coley Kevis

Robinson Dunta
Reeves Jacques
Roberson Derrick
Earl Glenn
Demps Will
Brown CC
Harrison Brandon
Cox Curome
Mitchell Brandon
Bennett Fred
Faggins Demarcus
Fletcher Jamar
Johnson Derrick

BROWN Kris
PITTMAN Bryan

Not
Alexander Roc
BARBER Shawn
Boulware Michael
BRUENER Mark
CLARK Danny
DAYNE Ron
Flanagan Mike
Mathis Jerome
SIMMONS Jason
TURK Matt
WEARY Fred
Wynn Dexter

Anderson, Hutchins and Putzier signed by other teams.

Last edited by aj.; 03-09-2008 at 06:27 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #26
MissouriTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 MissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVPMissouriTexan was voted MVP

Why aren't Turk and Weary on the roster?
MissouriTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #27
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriTexan View Post
Because they're both unrestricted free agents.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2008   #28
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Because they're both unrestricted free agents.
I'd be surprised if both aren't re-signed. And Bruener too.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #29
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm now igniting the resign Turk bandwagon.

I did not realize he was a UFA. I really don't want to go back to the bottom of the barrell and lose out on a solid punter. I just don't want to carry the league worst anymore after Chad Stanley a couple of seasons ago.
Old 03-09-2008   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm now igniting the resign Turk bandwagon.

I did not realize he was a UFA. I really don't want to go back to the bottom of the barrell and lose out on a solid punter. I just don't want to carry the league worst anymore after Chad Stanley a couple of seasons ago.
He wasn't stellar last year, but he did the job. Punters probably get less respect than yesterday's newspaper. But find yourself without a good and consistent one and you can kiss a good many games good-bye..........along with the season.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #31
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
He wasn't stellar last year, but he did the job. Punters probably get less respect than yesterday's newspaper. But find yourself without a good and consistent one and you can kiss a good many games good-bye..........along with the season.
I realize that. What I'm trying to say is that he was better than Chad Stanley and we don't want to go back to Stanley-like efforts do we now?

Outside of that bungled snap which resulted in a TD for them (he should have swooped it out of bounds), Turk did a decent job of holding down the fort soI think he's earned a resign.

Of course for the right price but that goes without saying.
Old 03-10-2008   #32
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Probably a good time to review who's currently on the roster and who's not.

On

Offense

Johnson Andre
Davis Andre'
McCoy LeRon
Walter Kevin
Jones Jacoby
Anderson David
Williams Harry

SALAAM Ephraim
Black Jordan
Spencer Charles
Pitts Chester
Studdard Kasey
Jackson Scott
McKINNEY Steve
White Chris
Okobi Chukky
Eslinger Greg
Brisiel Mike
Frye Brandon
Stevenson Dan
Winston Eric
Butler Rashad

Daniels Owen
Dreessen Joel

Schaub Matt
ROSENFELS Sage
Boyd Shane

Leach Vonta
Cook Jameel

GREEN Ahman
Walker Darius
Taylor Chris
Beach Arliss

Defense

Weaver Anthony
Cochran Earl
Powell Eric
Johnson Travis
Maddox Anthony
Bulman Tim
Okoye Amobi
ZGONINA Jeff
Robinson Deljuan
Williams Mario

Bentley Kevin
Ryans DeMeco
Diles Zach
Abbate Jon
Greenwood Morlon
Coley Kevis

Robinson Dunta
Reeves Jacques
Roberson Derrick
Earl Glenn
Demps Will
Brown CC
Harrison Brandon
Cox Curome
Mitchell Brandon
Bennett Fred
Faggins Demarcus
Fletcher Jamar
Johnson Derrick

BROWN Kris
PITTMAN Bryan

Not
Alexander Roc
BARBER Shawn
Boulware Michael
BRUENER Mark
CLARK Danny
DAYNE Ron
Flanagan Mike
Mathis Jerome
SIMMONS Jason
TURK Matt
WEARY Fred
Wynn Dexter

Anderson, Hutchins and Putzier signed by other teams.
I thought Abbate was being converted to FB. Did they move him back to LBer?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #33
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I thought Abbate was being converted to FB. Did they move him back to LBer?
Either way, he was cut. Doesnt matter much.
Old 03-10-2008   #34
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Either way, he was cut. Doesnt matter much.

didnt abbate get re signed too??
Old 03-10-2008   #35
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
didnt abbate get re signed too??
Yes, Abbate got re-signed.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

[qoute] 2/29/2008 Re-signed FB Jon Abbate. [/quote]
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202278 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I realize that. What I'm trying to say is that he was better than Chad Stanley and we don't want to go back to Stanley-like efforts do we now?
Outside of that bungled snap which resulted in a TD for them (he should have swooped it out of bounds), Turk did a decent job of holding down the fort soI think he's earned a resign.

Of course for the right price but that goes without saying.
I was actually agreeing with you. I'm for re-signing him before we have to go back into the pond to catch a fish that can't swim. We don't need another significant variable going into the season.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #37
hadaad
All Pro

Rep Power: 396 hadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respectedhadaad is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason, I thought Bruener was re-signed.
Old 03-10-2008   #38
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Didnt know we resigned Abbate. Better not prevent us from drafting Jacob Hester. Too much potential at FB to pass him up.
Old 03-10-2008   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Didnt know we resigned Abbate. Better not prevent us from drafting Jacob Hester. Too much potential at FB to pass him up.
Don't see the Texans drafting a FB. Leach is a monster lead blocker and they just made him one of the top paid FB's in the league. That's who will prevent a FB draft pick, not Abbate.
Old 03-10-2008   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the Earl signing. Hope they get Crocker also and then sign the Turk. Probably allowing him to test market before giving him a minimum deal.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read