Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2008   #1
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Glenn Earl Re-signed

Quote:
Texans | Earl re-signed
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:10:01 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Houston Texans have re-signed free-agent S Glenn Earl (Texans). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl
Old 03-08-2008   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Glenn Earl Re-signed

Wonder if this means Boulware will move back to linebacker.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #3
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can anyone refresh me on how he was injured last year?
Old 03-08-2008   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Can anyone refresh me on how he was injured last year?
2007: Was expected to start at strong safety but suffered a Lisfranc injury in the first preseason game against Chicago (8/11/07)...spent the 2007 season on injured reserve.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/pl...p?player_id=93
Old 03-08-2008   #5
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Cedric Benson ran Glenn Earl over. Earl got his foot caught in the turf when he was falling back.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #6
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Cedric Benson ran Glenn Earl over. Earl got his foot caught in the turf when he was falling back.
LOL...I remember that!!!!!
Old 03-09-2008   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Injury issues notwithstanding, I like this. I think Earl has enough in him to be a decent SS. You need less than premium guys at some positions, and I think he can give pretty good bang for the buck, so to speak. With the injury, we'll see how that plays out, but I've been higher on him than I have on CC Brown.
Old 03-09-2008   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
hmmm.... wonder who will be left when the dust settles after camp?

CBs
Fred Bennett
Jacque Reeves
Petey Faggins
Jamar Fletcher
Jason Horton - hears-a-who - (sorry, sorry... my bad)
Derrick Roberson
Dunta Robinson (when he heals)
Dominique Rogers-Cromartie (wishful thinking on my part)

S
Michael Boulware (can I put him here yet?)
C.C. Brown
Curome Cox (whodat?)
Will "don't u wish ur safeties were hot like me" Demps (oops, did it again... my bad)
Glenn Earl
Brandon Harrison
Brandon Mitchell

.....did I forget anyone
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

CBs
Fred Bennett
Jacque Reeves
Petey Faggins
Jamar Fletcher
Derrick Roberson

S
C.C. Brown
Curome Cox (whodat?)
Will "don't u wish ur safeties were hot like me" Demps (oops, did it again... my bad)
Glenn Earl
Brandon Harrison
Brandon Mitchell

.....did I forget anyone

Looks good. I like Glenn Earl, I think he and Demps might be a solid duo w/ CC as back-up to both. None of these guys are spectacular, but Will and Glenn can deliver the wood.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #10
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
That was a nasty hit too. Hot knife through butter.
Old 03-09-2008   #11
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Makes a lot of sense since Clarks gone. While im sure Zac Diles can play im not sure if he's suited for the SLB position
Old 03-09-2008   #12
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

CBs
Fred Bennett
Jacque Reeves
Petey Faggins
Jamar Fletcher
Derrick Roberson

S
C.C. Brown
Curome Cox (whodat?)
Glenn Earl
Brandon Harrison
Brandon Mitchell

.....did I forget anyone
I am comfortable at Safetfy - Demps, Brown and Earl all have experience starting in our system and should create good competition. I hope to see both Mitchell and Harrison battle as well.

I am more worried at safety. The addition of Reeves provides comfort, but we need a first day player in the draft.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I am comfortable at Safetfy - Demps, Brown and Earl all have experience starting in our system and should create good competition. I hope to see both Mitchell and Harrison battle as well.

I am more worried at safety. The addition of Reeves provides comfort, but we need a first day player in the draft.
That's why I have DR-C on my wish list. Either he or Talib would be fine, IMO. But if we go FS in rd one, and I don't think we will, there's an outside chance that Kenny Phillips or Simeon Castille might be there.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #14
Chainsaw
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Chainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballotChainsaw is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Are we planning to re-sign him?
Chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #15
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the move. We aren't really signing any new FAs so we might as well sign our own. ONE of the big IFs for our team next season is how healthy we stay. The Texans have the players on the team to be better than 8-8 next season but they can't help if the spend all their time with the trainers and doctors. I think we still need more than one or two players to be a legitimate playoffs threat but I don't see us moving backwards.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #16
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 8295 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Glenn Earl ...... not sure if he's starter quality but, I hope he can surprise us and step up.

maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Makes a lot of sense since Clarks gone.
Whoa I hadn't seen that. Link? I thought he was still unsigned.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
Are we planning to re-sign him?
Good question. I thought Boulware had a year remaining on his rookie contract (5 year deal signed in 2004). But, this site has Boulware as an UFA.
Old 03-09-2008   #19
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

CBs
Fred Bennett
Jacque Reeves
Petey Faggins
Jamar Fletcher
Derrick Roberson

S
C.C. Brown
Curome Cox (whodat?)
Glenn Earl
Brandon Harrison
Brandon Mitchell

.....did I forget anyone
Cox and Horton are gone.
Roberson and Mitchell can go back to the practice squad Harrison Earl Demps and CC will make the roster with Boulware either moved to LB or gone. Faggins would be iffy in my book but, unless a first round CB is brought in i can't see him being cut.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #20
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:

CBs
Fred Bennett
Jacque Reeves
Petey Faggins
Jamar Fletcher
Derrick Roberson

S
C.C. Brown
Curome Cox (whodat?)
Glenn Earl
Brandon Harrison
Brandon Mitchell

.....did I forget anyone
Curome Cox was a monster on special teams for us towards the end of the year. I think we signed him for depth when all of our safetys started to get hurt.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read