Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2008   #41
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Rumor: Texans some level Pacman interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Another thing to remember is that he's under contract with the Titans. There's NO WAY Bud Adams would allow him to go do a division opponent, especially the Texans. Here's a guy who DEMANDED that his team take Vince Young in the draft when it was widely known after (according to several stories) that the Titans braintrust (minus Bud) wanted Matt Leinert. Bud's in the business of sticking it to Houston, despite still living and working there.

You think he would take a guy as talented in the return game, and as a CB to play his team twice a year? No way. He'd only do it if we offered up a ridiculous package for him, and we're obviously not going to do that.
Agreed. This is a lose lose situation. First we're helping a division opponent & then we end up with a guy who will probably get suspended again. No way.
Giant Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #42
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 160 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: Texans some level Pacman interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
NO CHANCE
I cant see bob mcnair condoning this...

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #43
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
This guy is going to Dallas they have a history of dealing with young troubled athletes such as Micheal Irvin, Nate newton, Leon Lett, Erik Williams etc. Adam Jones is 25 years of age is super talented but is super stupid as well. I think that he deserves a 2nd chance and we have all done crazy stuff when we were 23 years old so hopefully the young man is gone through therapy and has his mind right so he won't through away his promising career as one of the best CB's in the NFL.
There is zero indication that this is the case.
Old 03-08-2008   #44
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
This guy is going to Dallas they have a history of dealing with young troubled athletes such as Micheal Irvin, Nate newton, Leon Lett, Erik Williams etc. Adam Jones is 25 years of age is super talented but is super stupid as well. I think that he deserves a 2nd chance and we have all done crazy stuff when we were 23 years old so hopefully the young man is gone through therapy and has his mind right so he won't through away his promising career as one of the best CB's in the NFL.
2nd chance?!? Pacman burned through his second chance many, many moons ago. My guess is that he's in double digits on chances at this point.

And even if Pacman himself decides to clean up his act (his interviews and subsequent actions pretty clearly show he has not), he'll still have his posse that is about one step below the Huns in its marauding fury. Since I live in this city, I'd rather not have his crew here.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #45
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yes it would, in fact it would be down right craptasticly moronic on a titanic level. If the titans do not find a taker they either will keep him which could divide the locker room or they are going to have to release him. Either way I want no part of this scumbag.
Exactly............Following his suspension (not to mention things that happened under the cloud of impending suspension) , he continued to get into trouble............he was caught speeding in a car that was involved in a prior drug bust; he continued to evaluate the interior design of strip clubs, graduating to popping a female in the mouth (from just spitting on them), although under unexplained circustances, charges were dropped; and he is now still being investigated for close ties to arrested drug dealer Darryl Moore:

Quote:
In another incident, Darryl Moore, a convicted drug dealer, was the target of an investigation that yielded the biggest drug bust in Nashville history, with a ton of marijuana and cocaine discovered. Moore is not only a friend of Jones, but the Cadillac that was seized as part of the bust had "Pac-Man" embroidered in the front seats. In taped conversations, it was alleged that Jones not only did drugs but sold them out of his house.
That "benign" obstructing a police officer act doesn't seem so benign anymore. And now he's a CONVICTED FELON:

Quote:
Jones had been parked in a Bentley with his girlfriend and a friend outside her home in Fayetteville. Police noticed the car and approached Jones to talk with him.

They charged him with one felony count of obstruction of a police officer and two misdemeanors after they accused him of throwing a punch and biting an officer's hand. Ballard said the skin was not broken, but Jones was hindering an officer.

"Pacman bit him. If you open up your hand, that space between the thumb and pointer finger, that little skin there, that's where the officer was bit," Ballard said.
If Jones is allowed to return to the NFL (and, in my opinion that would destroy Goodell's credibility as Mr. NFL Cleanup ), the next unsavory "incident" (expect locker room turmoil from the beginning though) that Jones is involved with will not only send Jones to selling used cars and create a "loss" of player on whatever sorry team picks him up on, but the team will probably suffer associated additional losses. The worm (SCUMBAG to some) ain't gonna turn.

Something that, in the past, both Goodell and judges (and I'm sure many others) have told Jones is "You need BETTER FRIENDS."............................anyone out there want to volunteer?????????????

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 03-08-2008 at 04:13 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #46
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone please remind me of what Pacman has been convicted of?

Strip clubs...I remember seeing Otis thorpe and Sleepy at the Colorado Club about 4 or 5 hrs after they got their arses kicked in LA during a playoff series.

All these guys like to hang with skanks. Get use to it.

I gotta big fat 5th round pick for him if they'll take it.

If not...see ya.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #47
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post

Strip clubs...I remember seeing Otis thorpe and Sleepy at the Colorado Club about 4 or 5 hrs after they got their arses kicked in LA during a playoff series.

All these guys like to hang with skanks. Get use to it.

I gotta big fat 5th round pick for him if they'll take it.

If not...see ya.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man...Legal_troubles

Quote:
On July 13, 2005 Jones was arrested on charges of assault and felony vandalism stemming from a nightclub altercation. On September 5, 2005 Jones was a guest at the annual Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. After a loud verbal tantrum when he was told to wait in line for his vehicle later that evening, Jones was counseled by the police. He also refused to pay for any valet services used that evening, because he didn't have money at the time. On October 2005, in a petition filed by the State of West Virginia, it was alleged that Jones had not made regular and sufficient contact with his probation officer and that he did not report his July arrest in Nashville in a timely fashion. The court ordered the probation extended for a period of 90 days, although the state requested it to be extended one year.

On June 20, 2007, the Las Vegas Police and Clark County District Attorney's office announced that Jones would face two felony charges stemming from the strip club melee.[30] But on November 13th, 2007, Jones accepted a plea deal[31]; on Dec. 6, Jones pleaded no contest to one charge of conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct, a misdemeanour. He was given a suspended prison sentence of a one-year, probation, and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service.[32]
Well technically he was not convicted of anything, he has always plead out the case.

Thank God you do not own the Texans. I do not want this low life piece of crap on the team I support.
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2008   #48
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Not this last court action, at least he did not avoid the "convicted felon" label......it's explained in the text of my article link above (CONVICTED FELON)..........and it goes along with a measly $500 fine, but with 3 year probation. BTW, the last time he was on probation, he ended up back in court because he failed to follow up with his counselor. There's little to believe that he will maintain his probation restrictions this time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
Ask the commissioner who suspended Jones. Or the team that wants to trade his sorry arse.
Old 03-08-2008   #50
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
And if Osteen was any more business savvy ... no wait ... that's not possible.
One good thing, I hear Osteen has a filthy jumper whenever he plays pickup basketball.

EDIT: RE: Pacman

I doubt we acquire him by trade. I'm guessing nobody is going to give Bud anything for Jones, and he will end up getting cut. Then a bidding war will probably go on, and I'm sure most of the contracts aren't going to be multi-year big contracts.

Whether the Texans do it, I don't know. I think they might try to lowball him and see if he bites. If he wants to play for the Texans he'd probably have to sign a contract that was heavy with eligibility incentives. This way if he ends up still being a knucklehead, they can just cut him, and take a minimal cap hit. He doesn't bring the team down, just the teams image.

Last edited by b0ng; 03-08-2008 at 07:06 PM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #51
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I am all for giving guys second chances but I don't think PacMan has done enough to get his life on the right track. You would think a guy who had so much stripped away (pardon the pun) would at least make a change in his behavior and where he goes and who he hangs with.

Hanging out with drug dealers and thug lifers is a recipe for failure and PacMan is still a common street thug who lives with some feeling of entitlement because he can run fast with a ball. Him installing a stripper pole in his house may help him stay out of trouble but it doesnt get to the root of his personal demons. He needs to grow up and if his suspension didn't teach him that lesson, what will?

Screw Pac Man and the posse he rides with. Make it rain somewhere else.

(pacman and houston's glut of strip bars is a powderkeg just waiting to go off)
Old 03-08-2008   #52
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take dunta on one leg over pacman any day
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #53
Polo

Signe Pac Man NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2008   #54
Polo

PS....I'm drunk!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 03-08-2008   #55
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post

So am I, but I still wouldn't post something like that. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #56
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am sober and after reading that I need a drink.
Old 03-08-2008   #57
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So am I, but I still wouldn't post something like that. LOL
LOL...

Sign that no good thug...!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!

I gotta go...I love ya'll!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2008   #58
Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I am sober and after reading that I need a drink.
Just smell my breath and you'kll get a buzzzzzz....
Old 03-08-2008   #59
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL...

Sign that no good thug...!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!

I gotta go...I love ya'll!!!!!!
LOL

Let me just say, when it comes to football, I love a hard hitting defense. I love it when a defensive guy slams the dude with the ball. Defenses win more Super Bowls than offensives do. I loved the Pittsburg Steel Curtain, even thought they used to kick our ass back when we were Oilers.

I personally have no problem with Pac Man if he produces, if he plays up to his hype, and he helps our defense. But that doesn’t matter because there isn’t a chance in hell this guy will ever wear a Texans uniform.

Personally I wish the Texans defense would develop a killer attitude and beat the crap out of anything that isn’t wearing the same uniform.

But that’s just me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #60
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Texans' fans, this is what happens when you play with Pac-Man. Just the thought of him joining us can change one's behavior. Imagine what would happen if he visited.

Just say no to Pac-Man, unless it is for the minimum after a release by the Titans.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read