Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-08-2008   #21
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1347 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rumor: Texans some level Pacman interest

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman2.htm

PacMan Jones as the "Caped Crusader"

Chris Henry as the "Boy Blunder"

Last edited by Koolaid Time; 03-08-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #22
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
It would be silly not to at least ask the Titans what they want for Pac Man Jones. I think the Texans are just looking but not interested in buying.
Yes it would, in fact it would be down right craptasticly moronic on a titanic level. If the titans do not find a taker they either will keep him which could divide the locker room or they are going to have to release him. Either way I want no part of this scumbag.
Old 03-08-2008   #23
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Yes it would, in fact it would be down right craptasticly moronic on a titanic level. If the titans do not find a taker they either will keep him which could divide the locker room or they are going to have to release him. Either way I want no part of this scumbag.
Not quite. Percieved interest can drive the value up. Getting one team to spend its remaining cap could help another team in negotiations with a player that the teams had mutual interest in.

Moreover, FAs with offers that are currently on the table are now under some pressure to make a decision.

There is value, just depends on how you leverage it.
Old 03-08-2008   #24
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

you can say no all you want to, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to say it couldn't happen. A lot of holes to fill, not as many draft picks high enough to do it as you like, and in spite of us wanting to believe we are a high character organization, we have had our fair share of police blotter ink. Jerome Mathis, Fred Weary, somebody who DUI'd that I can't recall at the moment, its not like we only hire boy scouts. We are a football team, he is a football player. Do I think its likely? No, because I can't imagine he'd want to come here. But I think its certainly possible, and shouldn't be instantly dismissed.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #25
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be embarrassed as a fan if we got this scumbag. I'm not against us bringing in guys with a couple of problems here and there - I'm certainly not as married to our 'character policy' as our front office is - but this is different. This guy is a habitual criminal! Not just a guy who has screwed up once, or even a handful of times.

I've already started making fun of the members of my friends and family who are Cowboy fans for their future acquisition of Pacman. Man, it would really be embarrassing to have to face them if we signed him. LOL

That said - that article is total BS. I don't care how reputible the writer is or isn't - there's no way we have the slightest bit of interest in Pacman.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #26
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

No way in hell do I want the guy on our team. NFW

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #27
Houston TexanUK
Rookie

Why dont we trade for Chris Henry while we are at it?

Might as well get BOTH of the biggest douchebags in the NFL...

[/sarc]
Houston TexanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-08-2008   #28
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
you can say no all you want to, but at the end of the day, I'm not going to say it couldn't happen. A lot of holes to fill, not as many draft picks high enough to do it as you like, and in spite of us wanting to believe we are a high character organization, we have had our fair share of police blotter ink. Jerome Mathis, Fred Weary, somebody who DUI'd that I can't recall at the moment, its not like we only hire boy scouts. We are a football team, he is a football player. Do I think its likely? No, because I can't imagine he'd want to come here. But I think its certainly possible, and shouldn't be instantly dismissed.
How do you fill a hole with a guy who is constantly getting into trouble. At this point he has a massive bullseye on his chest. The next time he jaywalks he probably gets arrested.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #29
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Also - let's remember that if Bob McNair were any more religious, his last name would be Osteen. There's just no way he'd bring this guy in.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2008   #30
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm definitely interested! He'd be a one year option and we'd probably let him hit FA therefore he's going to be pumped for a huge contract year. Low character or not, I want my Houston Texans to win some football games. I don't like his personal life but I'm looking for football players. He would allow us to relax our search for a CB and maybe move our focus over to RB and OL in the draft. I'm not really too keen on the CB/FS choices via the draft this season.
Old 03-08-2008   #31
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Another thing to remember is that he's under contract with the Titans. There's NO WAY Bud Adams would allow him to go do a division opponent, especially the Texans. Here's a guy who DEMANDED that his team take Vince Young in the draft when it was widely known after (according to several stories) that the Titans braintrust (minus Bud) wanted Matt Leinert. Bud's in the business of sticking it to Houston, despite still living and working there.

You think he would take a guy as talented in the return game, and as a CB to play his team twice a year? No way. He'd only do it if we offered up a ridiculous package for him, and we're obviously not going to do that.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2008   #32
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm surprised this thread has made it this far
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #33
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Also - let's remember that if Bob McNair were any more religious, his last name would be Osteen.
And if Osteen was any more business savvy ... no wait ... that's not possible.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #34
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post

Perfect Aj! Best post in this thread! IMO!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #35
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
And if Osteen was any more business savvy ... no wait ... that's not possible.
LOLOLOL

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 03-08-2008   #36
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

as Vinny astutely formulated- Texans where probably lumped in the mix cause Rick & Co. have been pounding the pavement for cb help.

I for one would be interested only if I felt he could be transformed into a model citizen. Above & beyond society norms. the benefit would be more to Adam Jones (first thing is to drop the nickname ) & the community off the field (helps others, charity, role model etc....) with on field results taking on more of a secondary role.

In other words there is real opportunity here but I doubt the Texans or any other NFL team for that matter would be up for the real task @ hand, restoring honor & integrity to an individual who has lost it all.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
How do you fill a hole with a guy who is constantly getting into trouble. At this point he has a massive bullseye on his chest. The next time he jaywalks he probably gets arrested.
All the more reason he'd be pretty cheap and have to behave like a complete choirboy.

Think about it, other than trying to join that wrestling bunch, what mischief has he gotten into during his year-long suspension?
And he HAS to know that his next transgression - even the aforementioned jaywalking - means he's banned for life.
Face it, if there's one guy in the NFL that needs to be a model citizen, its PacMan Jones.
Number 2 would be Michael Vick.

Dude has served his sentence. Or have you guys already put him on lifetime suspension?
Ray Lewis learned his lesson and turned from thug wannabe into face of the franchise. So has Allen Iverson. So it can be done.

I'm with beerlover, this is a chance to give a guy a chance to redeem himself. It'll be interesting to see if any team in the league is willing to risk the wrath of self-righteous fans and give him a chance. And think about this, if he DOES screw up again, I mean so much as gets caught littering, no one would blame team X for giving him the boot.

The more I think about this, the smaller the downside gets.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 03-08-2008 at 02:58 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'm definitely interested! He'd be a one year option and we'd probably let him hit FA therefore he's going to be pumped for a huge contract year. Low character or not, I want my Houston Texans to win some football games. I don't like his personal life but I'm looking for football players. He would allow us to relax our search for a CB and maybe move our focus over to RB and OL in the draft. I'm not really too keen on the CB/FS choices via the draft this season.
Couldn't agree more he would mak a great football palyer and that's what we need. The question is Can he do the right thing and be able to play games for us?
Old 03-08-2008   #39
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Go to Google News and type in Texans and cornerback. I don't think it's any secret that the Texans are looking - and thus linked to any speculation of CB acquistion when the subject comes up - regardless of how ridiculous the speculation may be.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #40
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick probable just didn't hang up on MR as soon as he called us begging to take Crackman off his hands.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read