Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-06-2008   #1
J-Russ
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 40 J-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respectedJ-Russ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TKO Released from eagles

Takeo Spikes was released from eagle today

Quote:
EAGLES CUT SPIKES

When we mentioned on Saturday that Eagles linebacker Takeo Spikes wasn't on the depth chart any longer and inferred that this could be a sign that the Eagles might be dumping him at some point in the future, Eagles web guy Dave Spadaro called us "absurd" and "stupid" and "incontinent." (Okay, we're exaggerating. He didn't call us stupid.)

Regardless, Spikes is now no longer an Eagle.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network and our friends at WIP radio in Philly, Spikes has been cut.

The move creates an immediate $5 million in cap space.

Spikes was traded with quarterback Kelly Holcomb and a late-round pick from the Bills to the Eagles in 2007 for defensive tackle Darwin Walker, who eventually was traded to the Bears. None of the three players currently is under contract with any NFL team.
http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Here the discussion that's going on over at philly's board.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...ic=486189&st=0

seems like a move to free up some cap to get a stud WR.
J-Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TKO Released from eagles

Fine I will say it.

NO.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Id talk to Spikes. Why not?
Old 03-06-2008   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Id talk to Spikes. Why not?
He's 31, declining numbers, has not played a full season since 2004, and he is not any better than what we have and has zero upside.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #5
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
He's 31, declining numbers, has not played a full season since 2004, and he is not any better than what we have and has zero upside.
So.....you like him?
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #6
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Spikes as a player and wht he represents. He is a good guy and always has been fun on his yearly visit on Rome....BUT...he has been an injury waiting to happen for a few years now and gets cut after one year at places. I don't think we need to put money towards a guy who is on the decline but has a name.
Old 03-07-2008   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Doesnt mean you cant bring him in for a cap friendly contract and let him earn a spot in TC. I'll give you Meco and Greenwood, but who else is sure fire better than? Diles has potential but he isnt a day 1 starter. TC depth is all Im saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read