Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2008   #1
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 1st Carucci Mock

me likey

A lot better then Talib, imo

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Carucci Mock

Quentin Groves, OLB, Auburn going to the Pats #7 wow!!! I was just thinking about the Texans taking him but trading down first

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont get the Packers pick.

They just gave Lee a 4-year extension last year & he responded with 6 TDs in 12 starts.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #4
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

No Sedrick Ellis anywhere in the first? I find this hard to believe...
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

id raither have leodis then dom
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice catch on Ellis missing!

Love the DRC selection.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #7
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I was only really caring about who he picked for us... the rest of the mock does seem silly. Leodis or DRC I'm fine with. I just personally don't care for Talib at all.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2008   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
me likey

A lot better then Talib, imo
Do you realize Talib went #5 overall? Or that Cromartie is a project while Talib would be an instant starter. I love Cromartie's potential as much as anyone, but we need an instant impact type player such as Talib or Cason at the CB spot.
Old 03-06-2008   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Something to remember about Mock Drafts. They are never right. Most of the time, they are not even close.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #10
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

With KC needing so much help on the oline he has them taking a CB?!

I honestly don't see why Carolina takes a tackle(not to mention they signed one and franchised the other unless they want to move one inside) when they need to address their QB position with Brohm on the board.

MIA:

James Hardy?
Cason will be a 1st rounder book it now.
Ellis

On a side note...couldn't help but look at Az picking Mendenhall and thinking....Wow Edge was the money worth it to go to the Cards?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the worst mock drafts ive seen yet.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

carucci is awful.. just plain bad. i dont know what he does all day but hes way overpaid and out of his depth. its like they plucked some joe off the street and told him to start writing 'articles' for nfl.com... btw if you enjoyed this also look out for more carucci greatness like 'mcfadden is clearly the best prospect in this draft' etc... i neeed to take a bath
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #13
jmont93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
This is one of the worst mock drafts ive seen yet.
Yea there is no way Sedrick Ellis goes to the second round and Quentin Groves goes 7th.
jmont93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Do you realize Talib went #5 overall? Or that Cromartie is a project while Talib would be an instant starter. I love Cromartie's potential as much as anyone, but we need an instant impact type player such as Talib or Cason at the CB spot.
You really think Talib is a #5 overall pick? I think that's really really high for him. Mostly because I think that Jenkins, DRC, and McKelvin had way better workouts than him, and I'm pretty sure that DRC's senior bowl would propel him up farther than Talib.

Don't you attend Kansas, or did attend Kansas at some point in your life?

EDIT: I don't think this mock is real good. I think the Chiefs taking a CB at number 5 is a pretty big reach no matter who it is. Also, I think Gholston would get taken before Groves. I don't know why a lot of places have the Packers taking a TE in the first round.
Old 03-06-2008   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
You really think Talib is a #5 overall pick? I think that's really really high for him. Mostly because I think that Jenkins, DRC, and McKelvin had way better workouts than him, and I'm pretty sure that DRC's senior bowl would propel him up farther than Talib.

Don't you attend Kansas, or did attend Kansas at some point in your life?

EDIT: I don't think this mock is real good. I think the Chiefs taking a CB at number 5 is a pretty big reach no matter who it is. Also, I think Gholston would get taken before Groves. I don't know why a lot of places have the Packers taking a TE in the first round.
Every DB guy,Saints - Aquib Talib CB Kansas, w@cthed the work out. No one will pick the guy top twenty. No one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read