Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2008   #121
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demps Signed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Phillips is the most overrated player in this draft. If he hadnt played for Miami (S U) he would be rated a second rounder at best.
I'm gonna have to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #122
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Phillips is the most overrated player in this draft. If he hadnt played for Miami (S U) he would be rated a second rounder at best.
he had an off 07 but one could argue he was the best defensive player in football in 06 as a sophomore....dude is gonna be a quality pro more than meriting a #18 pick. As the draft approaches, dont be surprised if he starts going up on most boards.
Old 03-05-2008   #123
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not over the moon about Phillips, but I do think he's going to be an above-average pro. I think people are putting too much into the fact that he didn't set the world on fire at the combine.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #124
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I dislocated my elbow once, and it has never popped back out again. Now granted I was like 5 when it happened, but I think that since there is a difference, both in range of motion and structurally, between the elbow joint and the shoulder joint and therefore I don't think they can be compaired.

My main point was I don't think the injury had much of anything to do with where and for how much he signed. If he ws able to play in the same game, I'll not be concerned about it.

As for Lott, well...yes he is a badass.
The #1 of dislocation dislocation in children is the elbow...........it's the #2 site in adults. In the child, it's due to a yanking (traction mechanism) of the arm by a caretaker. In the adult, the cause is by twist and/or hyperextension mechanism. In the child, the injury is painless with limitation of motion usually the only presenting picture, and following timely reduction, there is very quick recovery or morbidity. The ligaments at that age are somewhat elastic and resistant to tearing.

In the adult, the ligaments are tougher and less yielding with more likelihood of micro or partial tearing. Even so, 3-6 weeks may be the healing period. Some adults have more elastic ligaments than others...........like the guy you know that can bend his fingers back to touch the back of his hand. People like that are less likely to suffer great short term or long term effects from such happenings. Demps evidently suffered 2 such injuries with the Giants. And going back into the game after a so-called elbow "dislocation" reduction may be due to hyperelasticity of his ligaments OR it could very well be that he suffered a subluxation (sometimes not distinguish in the press or public forums, but with lesser trauma and lesser recovery time) of his elbow instead which is more of a separation with minor displacement of the normal anatomy...............OR (and I would hope that this would not be the case) he was shot up with pain killers to be able to function for a short while before significant swelling set in.

Players with the 1st 2 scenarios especially may experience recurrent episodes without long term debilitation (although shorter term annoyances to the team if they can deal with it) or need for surgery.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #125
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The #1 of dislocation dislocation in children is the elbow...........it's the #2 site in adults. In the child, it's due to a yanking (traction mechanism) of the arm by a caretaker. In the adult, the cause is by twist and/or hyperextension mechanism. In the child, the injury is painless with limitation of motion usually the only presenting picture, and following timely reduction, there is very quick recovery or morbidity. The ligaments at that age are somewhat elastic and resistant to tearing.

In the adult, the ligaments are tougher and less yielding with more likelihood of micro or partial tearing. Even so, 3-6 weeks may be the healing period. Some adults have more elastic ligaments than others...........like the guy you know that can bend his fingers back to touch the back of his hand. People like that are less likely to suffer great short term or long term effects from such happenings. Demps evidently suffered 2 such injuries with the Giants. And going back into the game after a so-called elbow "dislocation" reduction may be due to hyperelasticity of his ligaments OR it could very well be that he suffered a subluxation (sometimes not distinguish in the press or public forums, but with lesser trauma and lesser recovery time) of his elbow instead which is more of a separation with minor displacement of the normal anatomy...............OR (and I would hope that this would not be the case) he was shot up with pain killers to be able to function for a short while before significant swelling set in.

Players with the 1st 2 scenarios especially may experience recurrent episodes without long term debilitation (although shorter term annoyances to the team if they can deal with it) or need for surgery.
Yeah...my cousin ran over my elbow with his Big Wheel, thus dislocating my elbow; and it hurt like hell till it was re-set, then I was fine by that afternoon.

In adults, if I am reading this right, Demps elbow isn't that big of a concern; it's a less worrisome injury then repeated shoulder sperations say...right?

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 03-05-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #126
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Yeah...my cousin ran over my elbow with his Big Wheel, thus dislocating my elbow; and it hurt like hell till it was re-set, then I was fine by that afternoon.

In adults, if I am reading this right, Demps elbow isn't that big of a concern; it's a less worrisome injury then repeated shoulder sperations say...right?

As a rule, your conclusion is correct.

Last edited by infantrycak; 03-05-2008 at 08:46 PM.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #127
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
As a rule, your conclusion is correct.
Your post states that infantrycak edited your post but did not give a reason why. Was there anything significant altered here?

This intrests me in a huge way becuase I;ve got personal shoulder issues and I like what I'm hearing from Cloak.
Old 03-05-2008   #128
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Your post states that infantrycak edited your post but did not give a reason why. Was there anything significant altered here?

This intrests me in a huge way becuase I;ve got personal shoulder issues and I like what I'm hearing from Cloak.
I corrected his quote code so it showed up properly. No content was altered. If you see me or another mod editing someone's post it will be obvious and say something akin to "quoted deleted material" or it will be mechanical like this. We don't change folks' posts.
Old 03-05-2008   #129
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I corrected his quote code so it showed up properly. No content was altered. If you see me or another mod editing someone's post it will be obvious and say something akin to "quoted deleted material" or it will be mechanical like this. We don't change folks' posts.
I didn't think you would. I wanted to be sure though.

Much obliged!
Old 03-06-2008   #130
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
That's actually a bit of an old wives tale...

With that said though, he was still one tough SOB...
Thanks for ruining one of my few remaining illusions.

Ya bastid.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #131
austintexanite
All Pro

This is excellent news, I thought that he was a priority in the offseason and it looks like he believes that we are moving in the right direction.
Old 03-10-2008   #132
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mean to make something out of nothing, but does anyone else find it odd that the Texans haven't listed him as signed on HT.com? They already show Bruener and Earl along with AD, but no Demps.

Does anyone have the scoop? Maybe a contract hangup? Or maybe he's unavailable to sign the dotted line??

Quote:
Following are the free agents the Texans have re-signed (3):
TE Mark Bruener (6-4, 252)
WR André Davis (6-1, 194)
SS Glenn Earl (6-1, 213)

Following are free agents the Texans have signed from other teams (2):
LB Kevin Bentley (6-0, 238) Last team: Seattle Seahawks
CB Jacques Reeves (5-11, 188) Last team: Dallas Cowboys
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4220
Old 03-10-2008   #133
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I don't mean to make something out of nothing, but does anyone else find it odd that the Texans haven't listed him as signed on HT.com? They already show Bruener and Earl along with AD, but no Demps.

Does anyone have the scoop? Maybe a contract hangup? Or maybe he's unavailable to sign the dotted line??
I think your guesses are probably right. Just a snag that is keeping it from being "official"....
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #134
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

More than likley, there's nothing to worry about - if you look at all the links (including the one to the Berman story that started all this), none of them say he was signed. "Agreed to terms", and "Reached an agreement" show up more than once.

So I guess the good news is that nothing (other than the title of this thread) has been contradicted. The possible (but highly unlikely) bad news is that something could prevent the actual signing of the contract.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #135
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Just in case anyone was still wondering about why Demps isn't listed on the Texans' website as officially signed, Lance Zierlein said:

Quote:
It has been reported that he agreed to terms but he hasn't officially signed. He's been out of town and so his signature is not on a contract yet.
So that mystery is solved, I guess.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #136
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Just in case anyone was still wondering about why Demps isn't listed on the Texans' website as officially signed, Lance Zierlein said:

So that mystery is solved, I guess.
Yeah, I figured I'd throw that question out there since there was some discussion on the subject yesterday without any hard evidence either way. Thanks for finding the response, I didn't think he'd answered yet. Good to get to the bottom of that.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #137
da Bull
Rookie

Thanks, I read the same thing. Also, Manful included Demps in her article regarding the Kalu re-signing; but, didn't update her blog after I asked her about it yesterday morning. I guess she's been hanging around McClain so she can get a military title....Major Manful, what a ring that has to it.
da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008   #138
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Now it's officially official.

Quote:
The Texans re-signed free agent free safety Will Demps and defensive end N.D. Kalu, the team announced Thursday.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4228
Old 03-20-2008   #139
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just saw it and was fixing to post it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read