Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2008   #61
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demps Signed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
There is one....but we won't have him until the end of the year.....D Rob!! haha. I know, I know, he may be too small. Tell him that though!
No, No and No.

Dale I thought we had a good shot at picking up a good FS last year with Josh Gattis of Wake Forrest. They picked Brandon Harrison instead. Even up Gattis being released they didn't bite. Donvan Darius was released by the Raiders and no bite.

FWIW I am curious to see a healthy Brandon Harrison and Brandon Mitchell from the PS.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #62
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
No, No and No.

Dale I thought we had a good shot at picking up a good FS last year with Josh Gattis of Wake Forrest. They picked Brandon Harrison instead. Even up Gattis being released they didn't bite. Donvan Darius was released by the Raiders and no bite.

FWIW I am curious to see a healthy Brandon Harrison and Brandon Mitchell from the PS.

I don't think choosing Harrison over Gattis is an indicator. After all, Harrison played quite a bit of corner in college. Regarding Darius, I'm not sure if he's listed as a FS or SS, but believe me, he's not a guy that will help our pass coverage. Furthermore, I don't think this team needs to accumulate anyone else that can't stay healthy.

It's possible that Brandon Harrison makes a big impact on the secondary this year. Remember, his season was a wash largely because he couldn't attend any of the minicamps due to collegiate rules.

If we draft nobody at S, I expect a pretty healthy competition between these guys:

Demps, Brown, Simmons, BHarrison, BMitchell...

When I look at that list, most of those guys I would categorize as cover safeties more than enforcers- though, I'm not sure how good they'll be nor do they have the kind of speed to be a ball-hawking centerfielder.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #63
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I am very happy we signed our own top 2 FAs. I'm even more happy that our top 2 FAs actually had value.
Old 03-05-2008   #64
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't think choosing Harrison over Gattis is an indicator. After all, Harrison played quite a bit of corner in college. Regarding Darius, I'm not sure if he's listed as a FS or SS, but believe me, he's not a guy that will help our pass coverage. Furthermore, I don't think this team needs to accumulate anyone else that can't stay healthy.

It's possible that Brandon Harrison makes a big impact on the secondary this year. Remember, his season was a wash largely because he couldn't attend any of the minicamps due to collegiate rules.

If we draft nobody at S, I expect a pretty healthy competition between these guys:

Demps, Brown, Simmons, BHarrison, BMitchell...

When I look at that list, most of those guys I would categorize as cover safeties more than enforcers- though, I'm not sure how good they'll be nor do they have the kind of speed to be a ball-hawking centerfielder.
Forgot about him playing corner in college.

Will Glenn Earl be healthy this year as well?

Agreed on not sure if they are all cover corners so much but...i know the first three can lay the wood if need be at least. The secondary looks better then it did at the start of last year I'd like to find someone opposite of Mario that's a better regular option then Anthony Weaver.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #65
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked that we kept Demps because the Texans secondary has had little continuity and is young.

Here's the silly way to write up this news:

Safety Will Demps Loves the Texans and the Ladies, Not Necessarily in That Order
Old 03-05-2008   #66
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I liked that we kept Demps because the Texans secondary has had little continuity and is young.

Safety Will Demps Loves the Texans and the Ladies, Not Necessarily in That Order
hehe, had not read it yet, good fun!
Old 03-05-2008   #67
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is good news, pls keep it comin'!
Old 03-05-2008   #68
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Yeah, but it looks like the Texans may have created more competition than we realized
ChampionTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #69
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Now that he'll be a Texan for this season, does anyone have any info on his elbow? Did he have it cut on to tighten up some ligaments?

I'm giving him a break for last season's numerous dropped balls due to the elbow brace. I watched the Bronco game again last night. He had a great game and would've been outstanding if he'd held on to at least one of the balls that hit his hands.
Quoted for any possible info on his arm.
Old 03-05-2008   #70
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

When I heard this on way to work, it caught me off guard. I expected him to get a long contract with pretty good bucks elsewhere. I realize that many are not too excited about Demps but he made it to pro bowl after starting 8 games. He had to do something correctly and there are not too many FS in draft that would make me want to replace Demps. Another piece of puzzle has been added. I compare it to Andre Davis signing. The two year deal is to team's advantage also.

Last edited by badboy; 03-05-2008 at 11:43 AM. Reason: davis signing not singing-sheesh
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #71
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I realize that many are not too excited about Demps...
You apparently haven't read much of this thread.
ChampionTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #72
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

I think THE most important aspect of this signing (as a fan), is that I am finally able to believe my GM when he speaks! When he first said that "we are committed to building through the draft", and more importantly "WE WILL NOT LET GOOD PLAYERS WALK OUT THE DOOR", I was skeptical, and figured it was more political GM talk. Now I have faith in what he says. Davis and Demps have been resigned....I didn't think that would happen. Thanks Smith, I won't doubt you agian!!

Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #73
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
When I heard this on way to work, it caught me off guard. I expected him to get a long contract with pretty good bucks elsewhere. I realize that many are not too excited about Demps but he made it to pro bowl after starting 8 games. He had to do something correctly and there are not too many FS in draft that would make me want to replace Demps. Another piece of puzzle has been added. I compare it to Andre Davis singing. The two year deal is to team's advantage also.
He was like the 2nd or 3rd alternate. That's not making it to the Probowl.
Old 03-05-2008   #74
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Great news indeed! But I see this move differently than others here. I figure that this move ALLOWS us to look at the offensive side of the ball in Round 1, being either RB or OT. This draft is really deep at CB, so taking a guy in the 3rd (or maybe 2nd w/ trade) that's not as polished as a 1st day CB is a definate scenerio. And with the Texan staff having a keen eye for talent, we could be drafting the next Bennett. Cheers!
I agree with this. Most know that I am a big fan of Stewart @ RB, but if Williams were to be there at#18, that has to be the call imo. I think CB and RB can be addressed successfully on day two if you can land a 10-12 year LT.
Old 03-05-2008   #75
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

it's been a good offseason
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #76
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From his website.
Quote:
I'm expecting that I will have to go in and make some visits and have the teams look at me, look at my elbow -- I just got it all cleaned out about a month ago and it feels great -- and then talk business. I won't have to wear a brace any more and that's good.
Doesn't go into much detail, but that's as far as I got with it. Maybe there's more about it in his other entries.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #77
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

PLEASE - QUIT POSTING PICTURES OF HIM FROM HIS WEBSITE!!
Thanks, that is all.
Old 03-05-2008   #78
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just found more about it here.

Quote:
I was injured in Sunday's win over Baltimore. I suffered a dislocated elbow and now I have to rehabilitate the injury. It was very painful, but I'm not going to let it get me down. I will be back before the regular season starts against Dallas.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #79
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we bring in Marlon as well and get this Safety thing locked up? Or do they play the same position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #80
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Just found more about it here.
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression it separated again once he became a Texan, correct? Re-occurring dislocations normally take surgury to tighten the ligaments of the joint. Maybe that was his idea of having it "cleaned out". Who knows?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read