Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2008   #41
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Demps Signed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Great news indeed! But I see this move differently than others here. I figure that this move ALLOWS us to look at the offensive side of the ball in Round 1, being either RB or OT. This draft is really deep at CB, so taking a guy in the 3rd (or maybe 2nd w/ trade) that's not as polished as a 1st day CB is a definate scenerio. And with the Texan staff having a keen eye for talent, we could be drafting the next Bennett. Cheers!

This works 2 ways

Great news indeed! But I see this move differently than others here. I figure that this move ALLOWS us to look at the OT or CB in Round 1. This draft is really deep at RB, so taking a guy in the 3rd (or maybe 2nd w/ trade) that's not as polished as a 1st day RB is a definate scenerio.

See what I mean?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #42
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't expect to retain him, so excited about that, estatic about the price we paid for him too.

I think like others that retaining Davis and Demps indicate our players believe success lies in the Texans future.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #43
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I think this solidifies what we allready knew, CB, OL, and RB are now set for early round priorties. I'm really glad that we got Demps back, but really worried we lost Hutchins. we needed to add vetran CB to fill in for Dunta, instead we got a backup to fill in for Hutchins. I really hope we are able to get lucky in the draft and get someone that can start right away.If we sign another corner in FA I would feel better about our #18 pick. Then we could move corner to the 3rd and concentrate on taking either a RB or OT in the first. Demps signing is positive though, I'm glad.
Old 03-05-2008   #44
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Didn't expect to retain him, so excited about that, estatic about the price we paid for him too.

I think like others that retaining Davis and Demps indicate our players believe success lies in the Texans future.

Rick Smith.

This is great and exciting news and a complete shock.
Old 03-05-2008   #45
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
You mean like this one?
He has a look and is not afraid to show it off. I thought that was what America was all about, being proud of what you have instead of feeling ashamed of it
Old 03-05-2008   #46
whiskeyrbl

Solid move. Now let's get our future CB, LT, and RB. Heres to having a great draft!
Old 03-05-2008   #47
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Close your eyes.

Fat man fixin' to do a happy dance.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2008   #48
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it at some point last year that our two top FA targets were our own players, Davis and Demps (DD, ha). I can now sleep better at night.

Think they will start selling a Texans man thong with Demps' picture on it at the home games?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #49
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I said it at some point last year that our two top FA targets were our own players, Davis and Demps (DD, ha). I can now sleep better at night.

Think they will start selling a Texans man thong with Demps' picture on it at the home games?
LMAO FLAG ON THE PLAY!!!!!!
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #50
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
There is a god and today he was a Texans fan!

NICE JOB RICK SMITH!

The smartest move in FA YET!
Excuse me but God IS a Texan Fan!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #51
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Time to change the signature. The offseason can now be considered a success.

Signed,
Middle-age cougars with big hair
Houston female teenagers
Montrose men
and me

The man-crush lives on
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #52
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Excuse me but God IS a Texan Fan!
I stand corrected.....
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #53
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
You mean like this one?

Pimpin' ain't easy but its necessary
so while I'm chasin' b****es like Tom chases Jerry,
I put da pedal to da flo
in my two-tone fo'd explorer
Old 03-05-2008   #54
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Pimpin' ain't easy but its necessary
so while I'm chasin' b****es like Tom chases Jerry,
I put da pedal to da flo
in my two-tone fo'd explorer
LOL, is it just me? But I find it really funny this artist is rapping about Ford Explorers.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #55
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
I think this solidifies what we allready knew, CB, OL, and RB are now set for early round priorties. I'm really glad that we got Demps back, but really worried we lost Hutchins. we needed to add vetran CB to fill in for Dunta, instead we got a backup to fill in for Hutchins. I really hope we are able to get lucky in the draft and get someone that can start right away.If we sign another corner in FA I would feel better about our #18 pick. Then we could move corner to the 3rd and concentrate on taking either a RB or OT in the first. Demps signing is positive though, I'm glad.
I think some people are misunderstanding the Reeves Signing. You don't sign a guy with that contract to play the Von Hutchins role. Barring us going CB first round and him having an amazing TC. I am fairly sure our starting CB's out of the gate next year will be Bennett and Reeves. He's not the guy people on this board wanted but he's who the staff felt fitted what they wanted.

The more I look at their safety choices the more I am inclined to believe we aren't going to have ball hawking safeties for the most part. They seem to want enforcers over the middle. The fact they tendered CC high says a lot.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #56
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
MAAAAAAAAAAN....

I miss Dunta

sorry, but seeing all these secondary talk makes me think about my Favorite Texan, Mr. Robinson, Get Healthy buddy....

Hate to be Bummer Bob, but I just have heart for the guy.....
I feel the same about D-Rob, that's why I've already sent him 2 cards as a
heads-up that he has fans who follow his personal situation and are thinking of him and pulling for his rehab/recovery. I think it can only have a positive effect upon his morale. You might want to do the same thing ?
On the subject of Demps: Very good News !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #57
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that he'll be a Texan for this season, does anyone have any info on his elbow? Did he have it cut on to tighten up some ligaments?

I'm giving him a break for last season's numerous dropped balls due to the elbow brace. I watched the Bronco game again last night. He had a great game and would've been outstanding if he'd held on to at least one of the balls that hit his hands.
Old 03-05-2008   #58
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think some people are misunderstanding the Reeves Signing. You don't sign a guy with that contract to play the Von Hutchins role. Barring us going CB first round and him having an amazing TC. I am fairly sure our starting CB's out of the gate next year will be Bennett and Reeves. He's not the guy people on this board wanted but he's who the staff felt fitted what they wanted.

The more I look at their safety choices the more I am inclined to believe we aren't going to have ball hawking safeties for the most part. They seem to want enforcers over the middle. The fact they tendered CC high says a lot.

Maybe you're right but I think their safety choices has more to do with what's available. I was really interested in Madieu Williams. I thought he could really help us with our coverage. However, he was thrown ridiculous money. Other than Williams, I just don't see many true FSs out there.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #59
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Maybe you're right but I think their safety choices has more to do with what's available. I was really interested in Madieu Williams. I thought he could really help us with our coverage. However, he was thrown ridiculous money. Other than Williams, I just don't see many true FSs out there.
There is one....but we won't have him until the end of the year.....D Rob!! haha. I know, I know, he may be too small. Tell him that though!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #60
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Now that he'll be a Texan for this season, does anyone have any info on his elbow? Did he have it cut on to tighten up some ligaments?

I'm giving him a break for last season's numerous dropped balls due to the elbow brace. I watched the Bronco game again last night. He had a great game and would've been outstanding if he'd held on to at least one of the balls that hit his hands.
I've noticed this also. Most other guys will put their hands up to their heads or jump up and down when they miss an INT.

At least this guy will drop and give you 20 for missing one. He might be metro, but he plays with a blue-collar attitude.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the secondary (and the defense) took on a new attitude when Demps assumed starting duties.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read