Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2008   #1
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Demps Signed!!!!

per Mark Berman of Channel 26 Demps signed a 2 year contract with the Texans.

I am happy to hear that we re-signed him.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Demps Signed!!!!

Cool, great news. Finally we have a secured saftey position.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #3
Polo

Excellent news
Old 03-04-2008   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news. This was a top priority IMO.

Love this guy!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

glad to hear it!!!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #6
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

There is a god and today he was a Texans fan!

NICE JOB RICK SMITH!

The smartest move in FA YET!
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #7
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet!

Hopefully a combination of Demps, Harrison, Brown, and Earl will give us good enough depth at the safety position so that we can get after some more CB's!
Old 03-04-2008   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
There is a god and today he was a Texans fan!

NICE JOB RICK SMITH!

The smartest move in FA YET!
Thanks alot?

Signed,

Andre Davis

LOL, but seriously this is a great signing. I'm so glad we kept Demps AND Davis! This really shows me some good things to get these guys back: about the Texans, coaching staff, Kubiak, Smith, etc.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Great news!!!
Old 03-04-2008   #10
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Thanks alot?

Signed,

Andre Davis

LOL, but seriously this is a great signing. I'm so glad we kept Demps AND Davis! This really shows me some good things to get these guys back: about the Texans, coaching staff, Kubiak, Smith, etc.
More telling, perhaps, is the fact that the guys wanted to come back rather than run screaming from the building.

Culture shift, anyone?
Old 03-04-2008   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Smart quiet moves by Rick Smith. This team is completely committed to building through the draft and it shows.

I think we've solidified our secondary with this signing and getting someone to cover our CB base with Reeves. I'm expecting us to make a run at a vet RB as well.

Wouldn't mind making a run at Olivea either. All in all looks like this will put us in a position to have our choice of BPA at a need.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
per Mark Berman of Channel 26 Demps signed a 2 year contract with the Texans.

I am happy to hear that we re-signed him.

I believe you if you say you saw it, but I'll feel better when I can see it myself.
Just so you know, if you're punking us, I'm coming through the internet to stab you in the neck with a pork chop bone...!

(sad that I feel like I have to put a j/k in there in case someone actually thinks I can come through the internet with a pork chop bone...)
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Sweet!

Hopefully a combination of Demps, Harrison, Brown, and Earl will give us good enough depth at the safety position so that we can get after some more CB's!
Exactly, I think we are pretty set at safety, we can focus on other areas of need, especially CB.

Great job the the GM.
Old 03-04-2008   #14
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I'm very pleased. The kid hits hard.
Old 03-04-2008   #15
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I believe you if you say you saw it, but I'll feel better when I can see it myself.
Just so you know, if you're punking us, I'm coming through the internet to stab you in the neck with a pork chop bone...!

(sad that I feel like I have to put a j/k in there in case someone actually thinks I can come through the internet with a pork chop bone...)

Just saw it on NFL network.
2 Years, 4.7 mil.

Nice price, IMO.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #16
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Thanks alot?

Signed,

Andre Davis

LOL nice one. Almost forgot
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #17
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

YEAH!!!!! And that's not an outrageous contract!!

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #18
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see him coming back!

I think with a full offseason as well as training camp, Demps is going to prove to be a solid piece of our secondary.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Just saw it on NFL network.
2 Years, 4.7 mil.

Nice price, IMO.
Thank God.

I was afraid that michaelm was going to have to kill someone....
Old 03-04-2008   #20
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the link:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

Free agent safety Will Demps told FOX 26 Sports he will return to the Houston Texans after agreeing to a new contract Tuesday night.

"I have agreed to a 2-year deal," said Demps. "So I will continue playing with the Texans.

"I wanted to get it done. I didn't want to take any visits."

The Texans signed Demps following the first game of the 2007 season after he was released by the Giants. He played in 15 games for Houston starting eight.

"Houston is the place I wanted to be," Demps said. "I am excited because this is the place where I really felt comfortable."

Demps was voted as an alternate to the 2008 Pro Bowl.
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read