Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-25-2004   #21
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

Heh I dont usually see that kind of post from herv, should of known.
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I get a warm fuzzy seeing Bud Adams back to making decisions for the Oilers...er, Titans.

"Decline of the Tennessee Titans" will soon be a reality.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #23
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eddie should have taken the 50% cut, it's more than he will get on the open market IMO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #24
J-Man
Veteran

Yeah...Eddie should have taken the cut if he wanted to stick around. The unfortunate thing is that he is a class guy who will be seen as hanging around way too long if he takes a 1-2yr contract with another team.
I am not even sure who would pick him up to be honest...someone probably will...but it's a big reach for a running back with as many years in the league as he has.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't underestimate him. He had a great game against the Ravens if I remember right. He may just still have something left.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #26
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I would have taken it too because where is he going to sign and get carries??? The Browns or Steelers? I am not even sure about the Browns. Wouldnt that be something, Eddie George going to the Steelers.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #27
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

What about the Dolphins? To back up Williams for the year.
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2004   #28
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __V__
I can see the Raiders taking a shot at him.
There might be some validity to that...I heard they were trying to talk Jim Brown in to a come back too! :hehe:

Truth is I don't know that they would have the cap room to pick him up...and they just added a couple running backs to shore up their almost non-existant ground game. I actually thought that the 49's might take a flyer on him, but it's tough to figure out what the heck they are trying to do in SF right now.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
Old 05-26-2004   #29
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
What about the Dolphins? To back up Williams for the year.
I didnt think about that, could be a good fit.

The Raiders take a chance on almost everybody. Plus, if I were them I would think about getting Fargas more carries this year.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Old 05-26-2004   #30
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

One important thing to note is how the Titans handled Randall Godfrey last year. They asked him to take a pay cut, which he did, and then still cut him after June 1. Eddie George was very upset about that, and compared it to stabbing his teamate in the back. I don't expect him to take a pay cut, and he'll definately be on the market after June 1 rolls around. Raiders are always a good bet to take an old player with not much left in the tank, but with the cap they have I wouldn't expect them to sign him. He'll probably end up somewhere as a situation back to pick up 3rd and shorts or goaline type yards. My best guess would be either Miami or perhaps even the Bears.

texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004   #31
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
One important thing to note is how the Titans handled Randall Godfrey last year. They asked him to take a pay cut, which he did, and then still cut him after June 1.

Gosh...I forgot how much I miss Bud Adams.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
Old 05-27-2004   #32
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Adams mentioned last night, the Titans will cut him and said he is sad to do so. I think the Bears would be a great place for Eddie, and I also think he would probably want to play for one of the teams in Ohio or more likely another Superbowl contender.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #33
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
I think the Bears would be a great place for Eddie, and I also think he would probably want to play for one of the teams in Ohio or more likely another Superbowl contender.
I dont see why he would go to the Bears, they have the A-Train and just signed Thomas Jones to a BIG deal as a free agent

Old 05-27-2004   #34
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Chicago would be a good fit for him due to the fact that the Bears haven't been all that happy with the A-Train not being able to deliver the goods when they need him to, and the best hint of that was the signing of Thomas Jones. The one thing about Jones is that he's had a bit of a shaky NFL career so far too, and I think Eddie would only serve as added insurance. Not quite sure if two 'iffy' halfbacks, and one aging one add up to one whole halfback but what do you expect... its 'Da Bears'.
Old 05-27-2004   #35
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was Eddie George I would go to Dallas. All they have is that rookie running back so it figures the #2 back will get alot of touches, especially in a Parcells offense. Plus Dallas will be a playoff contender, unlike Chicago
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #36
DominatorDavis
Veteran

There is no doubt in my mind that Parcells will not sign Eddie George. They just released Hambrick because he went soft on some of his running plays. Eddie will not run soft - he has just become that through the wear and tear of the league. Remember it has to be a fit for both sides - yeah, a player might want to play for this or that team but those teams will have to want him as well. In Dallas's case there is just no way.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004   #37
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I didn't think about the Cowboys. I don't know that I agree that he wouldn't fit in there. He's always been a hard working back and if he is willing to work hard and fits into a role I can't see why Parcells wouldn't go for that.

I still think he might end up in Miami though for some reason.
Old 05-28-2004   #38
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Yea you may be right V about Philly. I guess it depends on what he's willing to sign for and what a team can offer.

I thought though that Philly had 2 or 3 fairly good backs besides Staley.
Old 05-28-2004   #39
texasguy346
Mod Squad

I like the Philly pick too. Staley has moved on to Pittsburgh, and it looks like Buckhalter is the lead back in the Eagles backfield. They have another back that is a special teams guy and returns punts. I bet Andy would love a guy to get him the tough yards when he needs them. Don't count on George to carry the load. I believer that they also got a decent back in the draft, but surely they could make room for Eddie. The one concern is the Eagle's salary cap space. I am sure that there can't be much with guys like McNabb, TO, and Kearse on their payroll. Very good pick though V.
Old 05-28-2004   #40
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

Eddies a classy, teamplayer, I think he will take a pay-cut, I cant see him playing for anyone other than fisher
HardCoreTxn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read