Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-04-2008   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Where is the best place to sit in the stadium?

Now I fully expect to get a ton of biased answers here, but would like some honest anwers mixed in also (if at all possible).

We had non PSL season tickets in sec 519 (endzone above the bullpen) last year. I am trying to convince my husband to buy psl's for next year. So far we have not been able to come to an agreement. We used his company's tickets in sec 109 for the Denver game and had a great time down low.

As far as the psl resale market is going, I see a ton of club level seats, which I don't want to pay that much for. I also see sec 133-36ish and bullpen psl's. Is the bullpen really a good place to watch the game from? We like to cheer and be loud, but we also really watch each play. I worry that being down so low would make it difficult to see the plays on the far end of the field.

Buying the psl's seems like a big commitment and I want to make sure we will be happy with the seats.

Thanks in advance for all your wonderful and thoughtful input.
Old 03-04-2008   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where is the best place to sit in the stadium?

Obviously sitting between the 20's in the lower level is the best but you gotta cough up a pretty penny for those psl's. I bought some psl's in sect 111 after the good info I recieved from posters. I don't think the endzone views are bad at all. I sat there before but don't buy anything lower than row L. They are more expensive but the view is not very good when they are on the opposite side. You have to rely on the jumbotron when they are on the other side, well for me anyway.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #3
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the help Ray, I can't believe that nobody else here has an opinion!!!
Old 03-04-2008   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Thanks for the help Ray, I can't believe that nobody else here has an opinion!!!
I always sit up in the 600 so I did not respond. I did love sitting in the bullpen the one time I did, but you have to pay an arm and a leg for those PSLs.
Old 03-04-2008   #5
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now I fully expect to get a ton of biased answers here, but would like some honest anwers mixed in also (if at all possible).

We had non PSL season tickets in sec 519 (endzone above the bullpen) last year. I am trying to convince my husband to buy psl's for next year. So far we have not been able to come to an agreement. We used his company's tickets in sec 109 for the Denver game and had a great time down low.

As far as the psl resale market is going, I see a ton of club level seats, which I don't want to pay that much for. I also see sec 133-36ish and bullpen psl's. Is the bullpen really a good place to watch the game from? We like to cheer and be loud, but we also really watch each play. I worry that being down so low would make it difficult to see the plays on the far end of the field.

Buying the psl's seems like a big commitment and I want to make sure we will be happy with the seats.

I've sat all over and I think it is mostly a personal preference thing.

In the field level endzones, you are more likely to have crazy fans and people who sit in the same seats week after week.

Bullpen is a blast. Lots of energy. The endzones let you see the plays develop. The higher you are the better view, but the lower you are, the more immediate it feels--you can hear the hits more.

In 123 where I sit, we have a lot of broker seats and a few regulars.

I love sitting in the seats near the Texans benches because you are up close and can see what the players are doing on the sidelines as well as in the game. Those seats tend to be very expensive.

Between the 20s tend to be a more sedate crowd, corporate seats and brokered seats.

I had seats in the loge that were great. You can really see the games. The downside is that to get there by kickoff, you have to leave the tailgates earlier.

Really, there isn't a bad seat in the house. It is just personal preference.

I am guessing when the Texans get really good, there is going to be good energy throughout the stadium. You could see it in a number of games last year.
Old 03-04-2008   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always loved end zone or near end zone seats. I like to watch the play develop in the same way players would see it.. Those seats were especially fun when the Oilers were running the run-and-shoot. You could watch the receivers make their moves and run their routes. It was fun to see Ernest Givens, Heywood Jeffries, Curtis Duncan, Webster Slaughter etc. beat their man, see Moon recognize it and start cheering as he let the ball go - because you knew it was a big play, if not a TD...

End Zone seats rock!! Especially the Bull Pen!!

Hope this helps!!!
Old 03-04-2008   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I always sit up in the 600 so I did not respond. I did love sitting in the bullpen the one time I did, but you have to pay an arm and a leg for those PSLs.
yeah, I'm up in Gridiron, too. So I can't offer GHF much advice on better seats.
Old 03-04-2008   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have two sets of seats in the Bullpen. Two on row C, and 3 on row N. I share a front row seat with Peggy, which my grandson uses. My fav of them all are my seats on row N. They're midway and I can see the entire field. The only good thing about my seats on row C are the people around me. The view is obstructed by the goal post, so most of the time you have to look at the jumbothron. BUT, when the team is down in our end zone, it is FANTASTIC!! The energy from the diehards is hard to beat and worth STANDING down there just to experience the fun. I've had my seats on row N since the beginning, and will never part with them. I've made great friends with some awesome fans around me and we have shared the good and bad of the TEXANS from day one. That alone has been worth the money I paid for PSLs. If the roof is open the heat can be horrendous, but, I don't worry about that anymore. I just wander around and visit with other great TEXAN fans until the shade hits my seats. In one of my wandering stages, I found an empty seat on the 40 yd line about 3/4 of the way up. Trust me, if I could afford it, I would buy seats there in a heartbeat. BUT, just like TC said, it's all just personal preference.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I have two sets of seats in the Bullpen. Two on row C, and 3 on row N. I share a front row seat with Peggy, which my grandson uses. My fav of them all are my seats on row N. They're midway and I can see the entire field. The only good thing about my seats on row C are the people around me. The view is obstructed by the goal post, so most of the time you have to look at the jumbothron. BUT, when the team is down in our end zone, it is FANTASTIC!! The energy from the diehards is hard to beat and worth STANDING down there just to experience the fun. I've had my seats on row N since the beginning, and will never part with them. I've made great friends with some awesome fans around me and we have shared the good and bad of the TEXANS from day one. That alone has been worth the money I paid for PSLs. If the roof is open the heat can be horrendous, but, I don't worry about that anymore. I just wander around and visit with other great TEXAN fans until the shade hits my seats. In one of my wandering stages, I found an empty seat on the 40 yd line about 3/4 of the way up. Trust me, if I could afford it, I would buy seats there in a heartbeat. BUT, just like TC said, it's all just personal preference.
All of your seats are the best!!!
Old 03-04-2008   #10
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I think section 522, row D, seats 20-21 are the best in the house.
Old 03-04-2008   #11
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

MY counsin and I have seats in section 119, which look directly down the visitor's sidelines. The seats are ok, but the best part is getting to meet the folks around us. All of us talk, high five and get along real well. Several of the folks tailgate in the yellow lot and so we make sure to walk around and say hello to everybody. They've been to a couple of our poker parties and we went to a huge crawfish boil they put on. Another family has a son in Iraq who we've sent care packages too. Needless to say, we've grown quite fond of several of the families around us. What can I say, they're good folks.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the endzone seats because it is a great value. My seats are Section 118, Row C. Check these out from the Miami game...

hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #13
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where is the best place to sit in the stadium?
For now, Sec. 547, Row A, smack in the middle of the goal post.

I've sat in the lower bowl just a couple of times. Once at about the goal line about 5 rows back. GREAT view when the action is on your side of the field, but if it's at the other end, very difficult to see through the players and coaches on the sidelines and tell what's going on on the field.

Another time was about midfield behind the visitors bench about half way up. Not a bad view. High enough to see over the bench and you can see the action pretty good EXCEPT when plays are run on the opposite side from you.

I've come to the conclusion that my upper tank end zones seats are better than the 2 spots I've mention because from there, I can see the whole field, all the players, I can see running lanes open or close, I can see the WR's routes, I can see lanes for kick returners open, the angles defenders take to the ball, I see it all. You don't get that from the sides.

Now the players look a whole lot smaller, especially when they're at the opposite end of the field, but I like having that kind of view when watching the game live.

I'd like to try the 2nd level endzone seats some day. If those are far enough up where I can see the whole field and plays develop like I do upstairs, then to me, those would probably be the best seats in the house.

But I'll say right now, as long as I can buy my season tickets, I don't care if I hit the Mega-Millions jackpot, and even if they started over and I was the very first one who got to pick a seat, I'll be in the endzone, either mid level or up top.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #14
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
For now, Sec. 547, Row A, smack in the middle of the goal post.

I'd like to try the 2nd level endzone seats some day. If those are far enough up where I can see the whole field and plays develop like I do upstairs, then to me, those would probably be the best seats in the house.
I just sold two PSL's Sect 323, Row A. Very nice seats.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I have two sets of seats in the Bullpen. Two on row C, and 3 on row N.
You also sit on a famous row housed by Longhornbabe, Tedc and family, and the notorious wife and I.

Not to mention all the hoodlums that sit around us!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #16
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not to mention all the hoodlums that sit around us
I am resembling that remark

116 ROW A SEAT 20 is the best seat in the house
Old 03-04-2008   #17
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where is the best place to sit in the stadium?
You mean stand? right?

ANYWHERE!!!!

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #18
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I've sat everywhere over the years, high, low, sideline, endzone, corner, but my favorite view is sideline red zone. You get a great sideline/redzone view of all the action on one end but can still see the other end of the field just fine.

The perfect elevation is the Club level of Reliant - equivalent to my old perfect seats in Section 470 in the Dome - but I didn't want to pay that price, so I sit high in the lower level at Reliant ..3/4 of the way up. I can smell the grass and hear the crack of the pads (and hear the players yelling at each other) but I'm still high enough where I can see the whole field and don't have to watch the big screen ever, except when I want to catch a replay.

Aisle seats are very nice - especially the end seat where the arm rest folds back so you really have a lot of room when sitting or standing.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #19
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yes, 109 down low are very cool..I am in 110 down low and of course I think those are the best seats in the house. Right in front of the beautiful cheerleaders and not blocked by the players.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #20
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=hollywood_texan;858070]I like the endzone seats because it is a great value. My seats are Section 118, Row C. Check these out from the Miami game...

Hollywood, you are one wild dude..lol...are 118 considered the bullpen too?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read