Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2008   #61
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Center John Wade and Safety Chris Crocker to Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Agree with the rest of the line with McKinney as the exception. I think he's more suited to guard and only moved inside due to injury. I think Hadnotwas orginally brought in to be viewed as a secondary option and compete for the starter position between, Eslinger White and himself. This FA period is seeing some crazy money thrown around though and looks like He wants to cash in with the rest.

I think Weary could very well be let go and I'd really like to see someone like Studdard with his tenacity start. I think he'd be a good enforcer.
You know, it is my opinion now, since the hiring of Gibbs, that no one has any idea who we will draft and in what round, and who will end up playing what position on the O-line. I/we have an idea of what Gibbs likes and what he's done in the past, but right now, it just seems like the whole thing is a "crap shoot."

Some think Studdard should play because of his tenacity, which is certainly one of the traits Gibbs would like. But, does he have the foot speed and quickness that Gibbs will demand? Will McKinney fit in better as Guard or Center, or will he have lost too much of a step and be cut? Will Frye get moved back to LT because of his quickness, or will he struggle with learning the technique Gibbs wants and go back to the PS?

As for the Draft, do they go for the Chris Williams in the 1st round, or do they wait and go for someone like Jeremy Zuttah in the 4th? Or, do they try to trade down in the 1st and maybe pick Branden Albert and convert him to LT?

Lots of questions. Lots of options. Should be interesting. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #62
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Really?

1983--1st round G Chris Hinton, 2nd round T Mark Cooper
1985--1st round RB Steven Sewell
1986--no picks in 1st three rounds

1994--no 1st round pick
1995--no picks 1st three rounds--T taken with 4th round pick
1996--3rd round RB
1997--no 2nd round pick--3rd round G
1999--2nd round C
2002--2nd round RB

Yes, he believes he can find OL and RB in the lower rounds, but history shows they are plenty willing to take them higher and no generalization or categorical statement of "they won't take one" should be made. That and Kubiak is the head coach and his first move was to try to take a 1st round RB.
1988--2nd round G Gerald Perry
1989--2nd round G Doug Widell
Gibbs didn't get there till 95. All those picks prior to that was gibbs. I will say denver did take foster in the 1st, but gibbs was in atl.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #63
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Gibbs didn't get there till 95. All those picks prior to that was gibbs. I will say denver did take foster in the 1st, but gibbs was in atl.
Well call up the Texans and tell them they have it wrong. From his profile:

Quote:
He spent 13 combined seasons (1984-1987 and 1995-2003) mentoring the offensive line with the Broncos, where he established several franchise records.
Did skew the years so throw 1983 and 1994 out and include:

2003--1st round T

So in his last year with Denver they presumably with his approval drafted an OT. Hardly seems like good proof they won't do it or we won't do it.
Old 03-05-2008   #64
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well call up the Texans and tell them they have it wrong. From his profile:

Did skew the years so throw 1983 and 1994 out and include:

2003--1st round T

So in his last year with Denver they presumably with his approval drafted an OT. Hardly seems like good proof they won't do it or we won't do it.
Also, a lot more teams are copycatting the ZBS these days. So, there is more demand for the smaller, athletic linemen. Therefore, it's not as easy to steal a guy in the middle rounds. It's a trend not unlike the 3-4. 10 years ago, the tweener DEs would slip through the first round because all the 4-3 teams thought they were too small. Now, not only do more teams run a 3-4 but even the 4-3 teams have realized how to use them and their usefulness.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #65
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the fact that the Texans have re-signed Demps and signed Reeves might mean that the Texans don't address the secondary until round 3 or later.

I don't think they'll be taking a defensive player first unless it's a CB. I think that the needs at LT and RB will outweigh the want to pick the BPA, unless all the value at RB and LT has dried up by the 18th pick.
Old 03-05-2008   #66
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I think the fact that the Texans have re-signed Demps and signed Reeves might mean that the Texans don't address the secondary until round 3 or later.

I don't think they'll be taking a defensive player first unless it's a CB. I think that the needs at LT and RB will outweigh the want to pick the BPA, unless all the value at RB and LT has dried up by the 18th pick.
Agreed. I think Reeves provides some flexibility, but if the right CB is there at 18, I thin you still take him with the uncertaintly surrounding Dunta. If Dunta comes back we are two deep at both CB positions - which isn't a bad thing in our division.

As was noted above, the big question mark is how the O-line shakes up. Arguably, with the addition of a veteran center, we already have all the peices of the puzzle for Gibbs to play with.

I am still leaning LT in the first, but am not opposed to going with a RB if there is a potential for a franchise back at 18.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #67
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Agreed. I think Reeves provides some flexibility, but if the right CB is there at 18, I thin you still take him with the uncertaintly surrounding Dunta. If Dunta comes back we are two deep at both CB positions - which isn't a bad thing in our division.

As was noted above, the big question mark is how the O-line shakes up. Arguably, with the addition of a veteran center, we already have all the peices of the puzzle for Gibbs to play with.

I am still leaning LT in the first, but am not opposed to going with a RB if there is a potential for a franchise back at 18.
Definitely. With the severity of Robinson's injury, I really think we should be looking for the CB who can step in and be our no. 1 shutdown corner. And then if Robinson DOES come back 100%, well...no problem with having two all pro CBs!
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2008   #68
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

We are in the not so envious position of having too many needs. Although it will be interesting if there is only one of the need guys available at 18. I personally think it will be even more interesting if there are several available. I am kind of interested to see wich way we go then. Here is our NEED list as I see it:
Starting LT mold O-lineman.
Starting CB mold Defensive back
Starting SS mold Defensive back
Starting SSLB
Starting RB
The fact that we did not re-sign Hutchins leads me to believe they are seriously thinking CB at 18. But the fact that we did not re-sign Dayne makes me believe we are looking at RB, at least with the 3rd round pick. We did however sign Reeves and Bentley. That leaves RB and LT as the 2 totally uncovered positions (thus far). So what happens if Stewart and Williams are both there at 18? I'm very curious as to what this front office will decide. I think this draft will be one of the pivotal drafts in Texans history. I can't wait.
Old 03-05-2008   #69
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not want to start a new thread for this, so I figured this was a logical thread to post it.

It's being said that the Titans, Broncos and Texans have interest in G Jake Scott.

Quote:
Scott, who’s played his past four seasons with the Colts, is meeting with Titans officials at Baptist Sports Park on Wednesday.

He’s also received interest from Denver and Houston, among others.
Old 03-05-2008   #70
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
We are in the not so envious position of having too many needs. Although it will be interesting if there is only one of the need guys available at 18. I personally think it will be even more interesting if there are several available. I am kind of interested to see wich way we go then. Here is our NEED list as I see it:
Starting SSLB
Starting RB
The fact that we did not re-sign Hutchins leads me to believe they are seriously thinking CB at 18. But the fact that we did not re-sign Dayne makes me believe we are looking at RB, at least with the 3rd round pick. We did however sign Reeves and Bentley. That leaves RB and LT as the 2 totally uncovered positions (thus far). So what happens if Stewart and Williams are both there at 18? I'm very curious as to what this front office will decide. I think this draft will be one of the pivotal drafts in Texans history. I can't wait.
I think some people on the board are overvaluing Von.With Reeves signing on you Move Faggins back to Nickel where he belongs and isn't a bad option at.

I think Darius Walker emerging somewhat the last game or two made Dayne expendable and even coming off injury Taylor is more explosive. Whether or not we have looked to resign Dayne isn't nearly a big deal as what we are going to do with Green.

Also think you got the starting SS wrong.We've had those in spades but needed a FS. Demps back in the fold(thankfully) and Glenn Earl on the mend makes me believe this staff has what it wants at both positions. Wether we agree or not.

SLB. I think Diles is going to get a legit shot this year in TC to take the spot. Like last year I think Smith is setting the team up well for the draft without painting ourselves in a corner.

At 18 I believe one of those three will be there that you have listed. All things considered I hope Williams is there or we could take Sam Baker.I would love to see Cason on the team as well though.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #71
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

I think the main reason I think this draft is pivotal is the signing of Gibbs. Since we most likely will be going away from the hybrid offense and leaning more heavily towards the ZBS, I'm interested in A) how much power they give Gibbs to shape the offense. B) whether we finally put the puzzle together at the LT spot or go with status quo and Salaam/also ran. C) with this new system who emerges/fits best at the RB position.
Old 03-05-2008   #72
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

SLB. I think Diles is going to get a legit shot this year in TC to take the spot. Like last year I think Smith is setting the team up well for the draft without painting ourselves in a corner.
I know a lot of people here are strong on Diles, but IIRC didnt he come out last year and get hurt almost immediately? I could be mistaken, but if that's true, a fragile SLB to me is about worthless since he will be ramming heads with the best RB's in the league. Hope you're right.
Old 03-05-2008   #73
markn
All Pro

Rep Power: 44539 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Starting SSLB
Starting RB
Good post, but I still think they'll take BPA regardless of currently perceived needs. Can you imagine them passing on say Gholston or Harvey if one of them slipped to 18?
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #74
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I think everything we've done this offseason tells us exactly what we're NOT going to do on Draft Day.

1) Alex Gibbs- With Gibbs (along with Kubiak's) knowledge and eye for offensive line talent paired with our zone blocking scheme means one thing, and one thing only: We will NOT select anyone on the Offensive line in the 1st round. They can hand-pick "their guys" later in the draft (on the 2nd day).

2) Gary Kubiak- With Gary Kubiak (along with Rick Smith) running the show similar to what they did in Denver means one thing. We will NOT select a Running Back in the 1st round and can easily plug in a RB from the 2nd day or undrafted that will consistenly produce 1,000+yard season.

3) Ray Rhodes, Will Demps, & Jacques Reeves- With Ray Rhodes coaching the secondary and especially with signing Reeves + re-signing Will Demps coupled with the emergence of Fred Bennett (4th round pick) being so good in his rookie season- there is no more need in the secondary. This means one thing: We will NOT select a Cornerback or Safety in the 1st round and can look at a guy like Freddie B. in the 4th round to come in and play well and groom at the same time.

4) Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Travis Johnson, 'the late' Jason Babin- With spending 4 1st round picks in the last 4 years on the defensive line, the Houston fanbase would line up and shoot themselves if they selected another D-lineman. This means we will NOT select a defensive lineman in the 1st round.

5) A. Johnson, A. Davis, J. Jones, K. Walter- With the best WR in the league, an emerging 3rd round superstar in Jacoby Jones, re-signing the stud Andre Davis, and having Kevin Walter (a guy Kubiak loves and fans are starting to like) means we might actually have a strength in our WR corps. This means we will NOT select a Wide Receiver in the 1st round.

6) Demeco freakin' Ryans- Need I say more? Superstud Middle linebacker can pretty much take care of it himself. Outside of him we have Greenwood, who is nothing special but always produces solid play. Then we have Zac Diles (7th rd pick!) who is 100% definitely going to start next to Demeco cuz Kubiak said so. Just signed a guy Bentley from the Seahawks who should get some great playing time and be solid depth at the least. All this means Linebacker is not a need so we can look at this position on the 2nd day or get another Free Agent... This means we will NOT select a LB in the 1st round.

7) Vonta Leach and Owen Daniels- Two great players at their respective positions. Leach is awesome. Daniels is a great TE, esp. for a 4th rounder. If we can get him in the 4th, there is NO reason to spend a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a Tight End. Plus, Dreessen looked pretty solid and can learn the position well. This means we will NOT spend a 1st round pick on a FB or TE.

8) Matt Schaub + Sage Rosenfels- Matt Schaub is a superstar and some on here like Sage Rosenfels better. Schaub is possibly our franchise QB and Sage is a great back up who can come in and start if need be. He did last season and pretty much all he did was win. We will NOT select a QB in the 1st round.

So by my count... let's see here. We won't be selecting a QB, FB, RB, TE, WR, LT, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB or S in the first round. It's been proven because of these examples and the coaches' past. I think this only means we HAVE to not only trade away our 1st round pick.. trade it on all the way down, but we won't need a 3rd rounder either because that's still a real quality pick. We can hand pick all our guys from the 4th round-on mainly because of Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, Ray Rhodes and the recent draft pick/ free agent signings.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #75
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I did not want to start a new thread for this, so I figured this was a logical thread to post it.

It's being said that the Titans, Broncos and Texans have interest in G Jake Scott.
I would like to get him because we need a right guard and we need depth.
Old 03-05-2008   #76
TexSon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVPTexSon was voted MVP
Thumbs up Re: Center John Wade and Safety Chris Crocker to Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
So by my count... let's see here. We won't be selecting a QB, FB, RB, TE, WR, LT, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB or S in the first round. It's been proven because of these examples and the coaches' past. I think this only means we HAVE to not only trade away our 1st round pick.. trade it on all the way down, but we won't need a 3rd rounder either because that's still a real quality pick. We can hand pick all our guys from the 4th round-on mainly because of Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, Ray Rhodes and the recent draft pick/ free agent signings.
I'm glad you included this last part because after reading the first two items I was about ready to

Old 03-05-2008   #77
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Well I think everything we've done this offseason tells us exactly what we're NOT going to do on Draft Day.

1) Alex Gibbs- With Gibbs (along with Kubiak's) knowledge and eye for offensive line talent paired with our zone blocking scheme means one thing, and one thing only: We will NOT select anyone on the Offensive line in the 1st round. They can hand-pick "their guys" later in the draft (on the 2nd day).

2) Gary Kubiak- With Gary Kubiak (along with Rick Smith) running the show similar to what they did in Denver means one thing. We will NOT select a Running Back in the 1st round and can easily plug in a RB from the 2nd day or undrafted that will consistenly produce 1,000+yard season.

3) Ray Rhodes, Will Demps, & Jacques Reeves- With Ray Rhodes coaching the secondary and especially with signing Reeves + re-signing Will Demps coupled with the emergence of Fred Bennett (4th round pick) being so good in his rookie season- there is no more need in the secondary. This means one thing: We will NOT select a Cornerback or Safety in the 1st round and can look at a guy like Freddie B. in the 4th round to come in and play well and groom at the same time.

4) Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Travis Johnson, 'the late' Jason Babin- With spending 4 1st round picks in the last 4 years on the defensive line, the Houston fanbase would line up and shoot themselves if they selected another D-lineman. This means we will NOT select a defensive lineman in the 1st round.

5) A. Johnson, A. Davis, J. Jones, K. Walter- With the best WR in the league, an emerging 3rd round superstar in Jacoby Jones, re-signing the stud Andre Davis, and having Kevin Walter (a guy Kubiak loves and fans are starting to like) means we might actually have a strength in our WR corps. This means we will NOT select a Wide Receiver in the 1st round.

6) Demeco freakin' Ryans- Need I say more? Superstud Middle linebacker can pretty much take care of it himself. Outside of him we have Greenwood, who is nothing special but always produces solid play. Then we have Zac Diles (7th rd pick!) who is 100% definitely going to start next to Demeco cuz Kubiak said so. Just signed a guy Bentley from the Seahawks who should get some great playing time and be solid depth at the least. All this means Linebacker is not a need so we can look at this position on the 2nd day or get another Free Agent... This means we will NOT select a LB in the 1st round.

7) Vonta Leach and Owen Daniels- Two great players at their respective positions. Leach is awesome. Daniels is a great TE, esp. for a 4th rounder. If we can get him in the 4th, there is NO reason to spend a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a Tight End. Plus, Dreessen looked pretty solid and can learn the position well. This means we will NOT spend a 1st round pick on a FB or TE.

8) Matt Schaub + Sage Rosenfels- Matt Schaub is a superstar and some on here like Sage Rosenfels better. Schaub is possibly our franchise QB and Sage is a great back up who can come in and start if need be. He did last season and pretty much all he did was win. We will NOT select a QB in the 1st round.

Thank you! This data will certainly put teeth behind my campaign to draft a Long Snapper in the 1st.
Old 03-05-2008   #78
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

We've got to get more athletic at the punter position and the 1st round is just the place to do it.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #79
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
We've got to get more athletic at the punter position and the 1st round is just the place to do it.
Didn't the Raiders draft a kicker in the 1st once? If not, sure sounds like something they would do.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #80
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Didn't the Raiders draft a kicker in the 1st once? If not, sure sounds like something they would do.
Yep, Ray Guy. 1st time ever, not sure if it happened again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read