Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-04-2008   #21
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Center John Wade and Safety Chris Crocker to Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I liked Eslinger as a prospect and we do have bodies. However, we have always had bodies yet no consistent play at Center.
I'm hoping that the quality of those bodies, plus the addition of Gibbs will help out the spot so it is not such a need going into the draft.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Crocker would be a an upgrade or something for insurance in case of demps decieding to go elsewhere.

I'm thinking we're looking for a decent option behind Eslinger. With Flannigan and Hog cut White is the only experienced C option.
What about Steve McKinney? I just do not see center being a need greater than RB,LT, CB and FS. I do not see a draft pick being used before 6th if then.
Old 03-04-2008   #23
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

Let's not forget the Gibbs prototype OL man. He wants light, fast guys. Wade makes sense in that case.

Crocker looks to have decent stats. I would like to find some film on him first before I get excited.

Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #24
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What about Steve McKinney? I just do not see center being a need greater than RB,LT, CB and FS. I do not see a draft pick being used before 6th if then.
Coming off injury? I'd rather him be a last option not a starter.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #25
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If/When Weary leaves McKinney will be moving to RG...right?
Old 03-04-2008   #26
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i can still see us taking some1 like steve justice in the 4th if hes there
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coming off injury? I'd rather him be a last option not a starter.
I thought he did very well and it seems most posters did also. I do not see center as being a big need this season.

Last edited by infantrycak; 03-04-2008 at 10:04 AM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2008   #28
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
weary's a FA we haven't re-signed
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #29
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=badboy;857465]
Quote:
Coming off injury? I'd rather him be a last option not a starter.[/QUOTE I thought he did very well and it seems most posters did also. I do not see center as being a big need this season.
I thought we played better with him in at C as opposed to other options at the time.

But he's coming off a torn ACL and I'd rather see him at back at Guard barring injury to center again. I think in looking at other options at Center the staff agrees.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #30
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Crocker isn't good at all. He takes poor angles and ddoesnt play the ball well. Mike Doss would be a better optionn to me.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #31
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Crocker isn't good at all. He takes poor angles and ddoesnt play the ball well. Mike Doss would be a better optionn to me.
He's better than me.

Signed,

Everyone the Texans have at the position.
Old 03-04-2008   #32
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiegrrl View Post
Let's not forget the Gibbs prototype OL man. He wants light, fast guys. Wade makes sense in that case.

Crocker looks to have decent stats. I would like to find some film on him first before I get excited.

I have to honestly say I do not know a thing about either of these two guys to say YaaY or go well crap, for now all I can say is appearently the have a heart beat.
Old 03-04-2008   #33
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Didn't we hear the same things about Demps before he came here?
Old 03-04-2008   #34
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I have Brisiel penciled in at right guard. I think McKinney(who stated he was doing well in rehabing) will start with the two late pickups White and Eisenberger(sp) duking it out in TC for center. I hope Studdard can play a role at guard this season. I am also hopeful that Brandon Frye beats out Jordan Black at tackle. I will not be surprised if Weary is not re-signed. Scott Jackson I think is still on roster 6'4" 300lbs Guard but I don't know much about him. Do not forget that many see Charles Spencer as a guard in 08 IF he makes it back.
Old 03-04-2008   #35
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have Brisiel penciled in at right guard. I think McKinney(who stated he was doing well in rehabing) will start with the two late pickups White and Eisenberger(sp) duking it out in TC for center. I hope Studdard can play a role at guard this season. I am also hopeful that Brandon Frye beats out Jordan Black at tackle. I will not be surprised if Weary is not re-signed. Scott Jackson I think is still on roster 6'4" 300lbs Guard but I don't know much about him. Do not forget that many see Charles Spencer as a guard in 08 IF he makes it back.
What about Chester Pitts? I don't think I want Studdard taking his place. And what about Salaam? Surely it's his job (at LT) to lose. Not that I want be happy if someone is able to beat him out, but one thing is for sure, I respect the job that Salaam has done. He has answered the bell, but I would like for him to be second string. But, I think he is the one that has to be beat out at LT, not Jordan Black.
Old 03-04-2008   #36
feebleminded

Rep Power: 9068 feebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respectedfeebleminded is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Butler was the swing tackle for the back half of the season. He already had a leg up on Black and Frye. I am interested to see how he does in his second year here.
feebleminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C View Post
What about Chester Pitts? I don't think I want Studdard taking his place. And what about Salaam? Surely it's his job (at LT) to lose. Not that I want be happy if someone is able to beat him out, but one thing is for sure, I respect the job that Salaam has done. He has answered the bell, but I would like for him to be second string. But, I think he is the one that has to be beat out at LT, not Jordan Black.
On my roster Pitts will continue to be the starter at left guard. Briesel to start on right with Studdard backing up or maybe starting. If McKinney is beat out at center, he can back up either guard spot.
I do not see us drafting a tackle that will beat Salaam out at LT at least initially. I hope Fry beats out Black as the LT backup (2nd or 3rd depending on how the LT draft pick does. So LT: Salaam, Draft pick, Frye. Left Guard: Pitts (and nobody much else needed so far) Center: McKinney, White & Eisenberger. Right Guard:Briesel, Studdard. RT: Winston, Rashard Butler. Spencer will beat someone out hopefully. With the exception of the draft pick in 08, all of these players were on board in 07 regardless of Roster, IR, PS or PUP.
Old 03-04-2008   #38
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

I thought I saw that Frye was being moved inside to compete for one of the guard positions...so I am not sure that it is accurate to keep him as an option at LT. Maybe this has changed since Gibbs has come along?

I don't know why, but I feel like if we can pick up a safety plug at Center - we are going to be fine in the middle. We seem to have a lot of prospects to throw at both guard and center, with a combination of older players with some experience and younger guys with some upside. Like WR last year, I hope that we learn that we have plenty of depth at these spots.

IMO, we need to focus on LT and figure out the rest of the puzzle with the peices that already have.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #39
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I thought I saw that Frye was being moved inside to compete for one of the guard positions...so I am not sure that it is accurate to keep him as an option at LT. Maybe this has changed since Gibbs has come along?

I don't know why, but I feel like if we can pick up a safety plug at Center - we are going to be fine in the middle. We seem to have a lot of prospects to throw at both guard and center, with a combination of older players with some experience and younger guys with some upside. Like WR last year, I hope that we learn that we have plenty of depth at these spots.

IMO, we need to focus on LT and figure out the rest of the puzzle with the peices that already have.
I agree but think the plug is on roster for center. Frye was a guard in college but listed as tackle. As others, he can play both.
Old 03-04-2008   #40
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the clarification. I agree with your assessment. I think when you put it down like that, it shows the depth that we are creating on the line. After 6 seasons we are finally starting to build the line to where it needs to be.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read