Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008   #1
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Post game egress from Yellow

Question for my fellow Yellow-Lotters, I have seen from some of our friends in other lots talk about how hard it is to get out of the Yellow lot after the games, traffic jams and such. This will be my first year in Yellow, but I have parked there at least two or three times before and I have never had a problem getting out. Each time was a piece of cake with no wait at all.

What am I missing? Did I just get lucky those times? Any feedback is appreciated. I look forward to tailgating w/ y'all again this season!

Old 03-03-2008   #2
mannyo123
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mannyo123
Default Re: Post game egress from Yellow

Not a problem here!
Old 03-03-2008   #3
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

If you try to leave when the game is over...yes...it will take you awhile to get out. But I think this is true for all the lots.

I always stay for at least an hour after the game ends. I never have a hard time leaving. The rest of the crew is always there until the police run them out.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #4
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Never a problem Hardcore, we leave as soon as the game is over most of the time. make a right at the MainSt gate and take OST out. OST is slow, but not bad and we are back in Kingwood in 45min.

I love our lot, and wouldn't change.
Old 03-03-2008   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 297218 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

We always wait until the cop in the golf cart politely tells us to pack it up. We never hit traffic by this point.
Old 03-03-2008   #6
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a lot of traffic when you're the last one out. Before then, I couldn't say. I can't recall ever leaving before the lot was pretty much empty.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #7
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We always wait until the cop in the golf cart politely tells us to pack it up. We never hit traffic by this point.
We used to have a problem with one of the officers. A couple of seasons ago, we had such a bad run in with this cop at the tailgate, that we hired our own police officers to man our tailgate. We did this so the other officer would leave us alone. Eventually this problem officer was no longer working in the Yellow and we got rid of our own police detail and things were good again.

Then, at one game(it was the 1st tailgate of the year)...the moment we got off the truck he was in our face saying if we gave him any problem at the tailgate, he would have us arrested. I think this jerk is no longer there as we haven't seen him in a long time. The rest of the police officers are just fine and to my knowledge, we haven't had any problems with them since.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-03-2008   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys and gals! I have never had a problem either. I have left right after the game from yellow and I have tailgated for another hour after another game, both times were no problems.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Yellow & Orange Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read