Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2008   #201
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP
Default Re: Reeves is Signed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The way it came across and I'll have to go back and listen again if it is online is that he was fine on the outside, as you said, but as a 3rd guy with Henry and Newman is when he got torched. What didn't make sense was that he said Newman played the slot. So that would fit your description of what you said about Faggins/Dunta. I'm not sure why he would then have more trouble.
Just speculating, but perhaps he plays better when he has help over the top? Reportedly he's a guy who jams the receiver and plays press coverage, so along with that scouting report, it sounds like he's bound to get burned without a safety helping him if he messes up at the LOS.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008   #202
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
Just speculating, but perhaps he plays better when he has help over the top? Reportedly he's a guy who jams the receiver and plays press coverage, so along with that scouting report, it sounds like he's bound to get burned without a safety helping him if he messes up at the LOS.
That was the main reason we took interest in him. In Dallas they played a lot of off-coverage which was not his strong suit. They say his press is pretty good.
Old 03-29-2008   #203
A Texan
Veteran

I doubt the Texans will pick a corner in the 1st round this time since that would be a permanent solution to what could be a temporary problem. I don't think they've given up on D-Rob yet and Bennett looks like a starter too. Better to get a veteran that can fill in until they can find out if Dunta can return as good as before, later on. If he can't, they can use a high draft choice later.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #204
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
I doubt the Texans will pick a corner in the 1st round this time since that would be a permanent solution to what could be a temporary problem. I don't think they've given up on D-Rob yet and Bennett looks like a starter too. Better to get a veteran that can fill in until they can find out if Dunta can return as good as before, later on. If he can't, they can use a high draft choice later.
Kubiak has already said he is going to treat injuries like the player is never coming back. So in other words he is going to act like Daunta does not exsist when evaluating the team needs. Then again what have we done at left tackle.

I love throwing this crap out there to confuse the masses.
Old 03-29-2008   #205
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I love throwing this crap out there to confuse the masses.
It would only confuse them if they listened to you.

And since no one listens to you...

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008   #206
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I don't. Even if we draft a CB in the first round I don't think Kubiak would be comfortable starting a rookie and 2nd year player opposite each other. One of the important reasons Reeves was brought in is his experience and I think Kubiak will want that out there with a second year player on the other side of him. Now if he struggles I think there is a chance the rookie could get playing time later in the season, but I think Reeves is given, at least, a Faggins-esque chance to start.
Well we started a rookie and a safety playing out of position. If the rook and the soph are the best talents coming out of camp, they start.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read