Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2008   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 68788 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Reeves is Signed!

Details aren't up yet, but the story has been posted on Chron.com... Also, according to McCain, we are currently working on Hadnot's contract with his agent.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #2
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17092 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reeves is Signed!

wasn't high on this at first but i welcome him and hope for the best
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #3
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103671 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't have a problem with it, but I still hope that Rick and Gary are open to a CB with the 18th pick if the right guy's still there.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 68788 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
wasn't high on this at first but i welcome him and hope for the best
I thought he was good last year. Remember, Cowboy fans also swear that Roy Williams is a better safety than Ronnie Lott was. I've actually had that argument with a couple of them. So, when they rip a player, take it with a grain of salt.

One of the posters posted his stats from the year. If I recall, he gave up 7 TDs and a completion % of 56.6... At 25 years old, I'll take those numbers and hope for some steady improvement.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I thought he was good last year. Remember, Cowboy fans also swear that Roy Williams is a better safety than Ronnie Lott was. I've actually had that argument with a couple of them. So, when they rip a player, take it with a grain of salt.

One of the posters posted his stats from the year. If I recall, he gave up 7 TDs and a completion % of 56.6... At 25 years old, I'll take those numbers and hope for some steady improvement.
I'm a Cowboys fan. And if I even heard my best friend say that, I would punch him in the face, cuz he obviously needs something rearranged up there.

Maybe you heard that five years ago, when he was actually good.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #6
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to hear! We need the depth and competition in the secondary.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294021 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy seems average to better than average, so that would actually be an improvement in a few areas, if for no other reason that debth.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2008   #8
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I remember correctly, dude got beat numerous times in the NYG playoff game. I trust he's better than Petey though, so it's a decent signing imo.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like a depth pick IMO.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Decent depth, for some reason I keep wanting to say Reeves will be a combination of Buchannon and Faggins, but we'll see what happens. I'm more excited about trying to get Hadnot, he can add some real talent to our line, especially with Gibbs to coach him up.
Old 03-01-2008   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

He's probablly a notch or two better then Faggins (which makes him several notches better then Fletcher), but I'm not sold on the idea of him starting opposite Bennett at the start of the season.

I'm withholding total judgement till I see the contract numbers.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans signed CB Jacques Reeves.

We've heard some positive comments on Reeves, which is surprising. His numbers suggest he was one of the most picked-on corners in the league. Houston badly needs depth with Dunta Robinson hurt, but they should hope Reeves has a small role.
Source: Houston Chronicle

wonder how much we paid? jags gave drayton florence 12m in GARUNTEES

Last edited by Maddict5; 03-01-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #13
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
wonder how much we paid? jags gave drayton florence 12m in GARUNTEES
Reeves better be getting less then that.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #14
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not happy at all with this signing. I hope we are still looking at cb at #18. This guy is nickel caliber material, at best.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #15
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=24

I don't mind the signing so long as it is not all we're doing at the spot. Preferably we bring in a veteran and draft someone early in the draft and let them duke it out for the spot opposite Bennett. Ideally he would be our nickelback but we might have to stomach him starting until Dunta gets back.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Looks like Hutchins replacement.
Old 03-01-2008   #17
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Playing opposite Newman will get you picked on some because they aren't going after Newman.

It seems a decent addition, especially if Dunta comes back at 100% (eventually).
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I talked to a Cowboy fan today, he said that he doesn't want Reeves back but thinks he can be decent with a change of scenery.
Old 03-01-2008   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102657 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I talked to a Cowboy fan today, he said that he doesn't want Reeves back but thinks he can be decent with a change of scenery.
Dallas is expected to adress CB in the 1st anyway, so it makes sense that the newcomer would at least play the nickel for them.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #20
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Looks like Hutchins replacement.
Wish he were Petey's replacement instead. If Reeves were in addition to re-signing Von I'd be a lot happier.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read