Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Michael Turner signs with Falcons

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
hey i know you guys really want Turner. unfortunately for you folks, according to John Clayton, it looks like Miami is about to snag him up. :splits:

b0ng

Bad Hombre
Some of us want him and some of us think that he'll want more money than he's worth and therefore will pass.

Mostly because we like our running backs like we like our women, younger and with less wear and tear on them.

actually the talks are that his contract will be pretty small.
Uh yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar.

4Texans

Veteran
I would like to have him, but I'm sure the Texans would not offer him nearly enough cash. I think we can get a quality RB somewhere else to fit Kubes system.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
I think he will have a big year where ever he lands......but I don't want us to overpay for anybody. If you guys or Atlanta gets him for a good deal and he pans out then it will be worth it. I really like Turner, but I hope we draft a RB (1st or 3rd) or bring in a cheaper vet to go with who we have and hopefully Taylor returns for us next year to compete.

5 mil a year is not too bad he turns out to be the stud most think he will. But as far as overpaying goes, no way Asante lives up to that price tag, I am glad we didn't go after a contract like, geez, way too much money for one person.

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
thanks kast...you just gave miami the kiss of death...now i can guarantee the one destination where he won't go. You aren't ever right.

Personally i would love to have turner he will be a great change of pace back to give Dayne and Green a breather but only if we could get a 15 million dollar 6 year contract with 3 million in guarenteed money.

Houston TexanUK

Practice Squad
I really cant see Miami signing Turner. Ronnie Brown was just about the only highlight for Miami last season before he got injured.

Houston, Atlanta, Jets or Chicago are the 4 teams I see signing him. Out of those, I would go with Chicago, mainly because the Jets have just shelled out on Faneca, and I dont see them getting 2 huge grabs in free agency.

prostock101

Mr. Big
All the pundits have him signing with the Falcons, so why all the Miami talk?
Right now we have Bumb Knee Green, Krispy Kreme Dayne, Lil Dyno Darius, and Chris MIA Taylor. Who needs a RB with these guys? I have to admit I really liked Lil Dyno last year. His size and ability to pass protect is the only negative I saw.

Lito Shepherd? Pleasessseeee, all we have to offer is draft picks so that ain't gonna happen.

We'd better resign Demps.

If Spencer doesn't come back healthy, we're in deep dodo. If Schaub was smart he'd be his workout partner, dietician, and BFF.

I'm curious why we invited Hadnot in, he wanted to play here, and then we refused to even offer him a contract?

Ok, I'm done for now.....

Ryan

THIS YEAR
I want to stay away from the FA running back market. We've already paid and will still pay for that mistake.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I'm curious why we invited Hadnot in, he wanted to play here, and then we refused to even offer him a contract?
We can thank Tampa Bay for driving the cost of free agent Centers through the roof.

I would like to see Turner in a Texan uniform, but the Green signing from last season and all the $$$ other teams have to spend on free agents makes that unlikely. Either Stewart or Mendenhall dropping to #18 is our best hope, now.

drewmar74

disgruntled
PFT is hearing rumblings that MT has signed with ATL.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

KEEP AN EYE ON ATLANTA

We've picking up uncorroborated rumors that running back Michael Turner has agreed to terms with the Falcons.

Again, these rumors are uncorroborated.

We assume that someone in the "real" media will seize the baton and run with it.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !

KEEP AN EYE ON ATLANTA

We've picking up uncorroborated rumors that running back Michael Turner has agreed to terms with the Falcons.

We assume that someone in the "real" media will seize the baton and run with it.
I guess Mr Turner's going to the check with the most O's .

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity

KEEP AN EYE ON ATLANTA

It just went across the ESPN scroll, that Turner had signed a 6 year deal with the Falcons.

TexansSeminole

Hall of Fame
Turner & Norwood look like a really good combo.
We'll see. Think about this: Neither guy has proven he can be the #1 RB. They have both been backups their entire NFL careers. I wonder which will start, and which will look better as the starter. Turner has never carried the ball more than 80 times in an NFL season.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I don't get this move...well unless the money was too much. He wants to get out under LTs shadow and he signs with a team that has been trying to get Norwood carries for 2 years and who has Dunn, the guy who never stops playing or retires. I know Dunn won't be around but this isn't a place I expected. I see more RBBC. Of course he probably knows he can't go a full year as a #1 and took the cash to split, at least, with someone.

Houston TexanUK

Practice Squad
So .... if anyone out there is a FA ... do you take the most money or go to the best team ?
For me, Half way between the two. If a bad team offers me the most money, I would say no. If a great team lowballed me, I would say no. But if an above average team offered me good enough money I would take it. Balance between them.

TexanAddict

Texan 'til I Die
Looks like Warrick Dunn is asking for his release and the Texans are being mentioned as a likely landing place:

Veteran Warrick Dunn requested his release Sunday after the Falcons signed free-agent running back Michael Turner to a six-year, $34.5 million deal that reportedly includes $15 million in guarantees.
Dunn would like to play for a contender, which would make the Cowboys attractive. But Houston likely would be the front-runner for his services because of his success under Gibbs and the belief that the Texans are a team on the rise.
SI.com

Not sure the Texans would actually do this, with one aging RB already on the roster, but I guess it would be a possibility since he would familiar with the system. I would prefer picking up a young RB from this year's deep draft class.

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame
Looks like Warrick Dunn is asking for his release and the Texans are being mentioned as a likely landing place:

SI.com

Not sure the Texans would actually do this, with one aging RB already on the roster, but I guess it would be a possibility since he would familiar with the system. I would prefer picking up a young RB from this year's deep draft class.
Pros:
1. Dunn hasn't missed a game due to injury in 4 years
2. Dunn has averaged over 4 yards per carry in 3 of the last 4 years
3. Dunn has rushed for over 1,000 yards in 3 of the last 4 years

Cons:
1. Dunn is 2 years older than Ahman Green
2. Dunn has approx. 550 more carries in his NFL career than Green
3. The one year out of the last four he didn't average over 4 ypc and get 1,000 yards was 2007
4. If he's signed, Dayne (at 30 years old) becomes the spring chicken of the Texans 2008 RB stable

I'll care about this when/if it happens.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Pros:
1. Dunn hasn't missed a game due to injury in 4 years
2. Dunn has averaged over 4 yards per carry in 3 of the last 4 years
3. Dunn has rushed for over 1,000 yards in 3 of the last 4 years

Cons:
1. Dunn is 2 years older than Ahman Green
2. Dunn has approx. 550 more carries in his NFL career than Green
3. The one year out of the last four he didn't average over 4 ypc and get 1,000 yards was 2007
4. If he's signed, Dayne (at 30 years old) becomes the spring chicken of the Texans 2008 RB stable

I'll care about this when/if it happens.
The only thing I'd like about Dunn, despite his age, is that he still plays with that burst and is a small change of pace guy that knows the blocking, could be big in spells. They have been saying he should retire for 3 years yet he keeps starting.