Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-29-2008   #1
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Javon Walker anyone?

With the signing of Andre Davis, would there be any room on our team for Javon in 2008?
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Javon Walker anyone?

Nope.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #3
SA Texan
Veteran

I don't think so...already have good depth at WR, the team should be looking to fill other areas. Besides, you are talking about a huge injury risk that won't came cheaply. I'll pass.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

We dont want our WR corp to start looking like the NO backfield. You can only put so much money in one place.

With Davis back, we're set at WR.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantasy football drafts are not for another five months.
Old 02-29-2008   #6
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Well being as we dont have a RB - we could always go with the 5 WR spread formation. OK maybe not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Andre Davis played aiight... Javon is a playmaker, Javon has Denver ties...

We could be something special with Javon playing opposite AJ.
Old 02-29-2008   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Andre Davis played aiight... Javon is a playmaker, Javon has Denver ties...

We could be something special with Javon playing opposite AJ.
So what do we do when he goes out in week 4 with a gimpy right knee?

EDIT: Since nobody brought it up, I will, Javon Walker is a ridiculous headcase. He's leaving Denver because he wants to be the main attraction at WR wherever he plays. He's also going to want way more than 4 years 16 mil.
Old 02-29-2008   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
So what do we do when he goes out in week 4 with a gimpy right knee?

EDIT: Since nobody brought it up, I will, Javon Walker is a ridiculous headcase. He's leaving Denver because he wants to be the main attraction at WR wherever he plays. He's also going to want way more than 4 years 16 mil.
The guy's talented no doubt, but he was a pain in the ass in Green Bay after Donald Driver became the #1 WR and he's been a pain in the ass in Denver after Marshall took the #1 spot. I don't think he'd even consider coming here. Plus we're set already at WR. We need to spend our money in positions that we need help in. WR ain't one of them.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #10
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

no thanks
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

we don't need another degenerative knee. I know that!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 43520 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Well being as we dont have a RB - we could always go with the 5 WR spread formation. OK maybe not...
It worked for the Oilers for half a decade.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
It worked for the Oilers for half a decade.
'93. . . Bills. . . Playoffs. . . I rest my case
Old 02-29-2008   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

We should at least take a look at him.
Old 02-29-2008   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow - I wasn't going to bring that up. I would have aimed for how many rings did they get? Your point is noted though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Wow - I wasn't going to bring that up. I would have aimed for how many rings did they get? Your point is noted though.
Yeah, it hurt to type that.

Maybe on the off chance that this guy doesn't require a swimming pool full of money to play for the Texans, yeah go ahead and look at him.

But the instant he wants more than A. Johnson forget it.
Old 02-29-2008   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He would be just one more piece to a great WR core.
Old 02-29-2008   #18
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You my friend are an A-hole. I was beginning to forget about that until now. Can we please put a permenant moritorium on the mention of any reference to Jan 3 1993? PLEASE. If you were born that day then you just become one year younger. We'll make tomorrow Feb 30th just to make up for it and move on. I wanna pull my brain out my ears and puke my heart out my throat now. Thanks again for brining up that memory.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
You my friend are an A-hole. I was beginning to forget about that until now. Can we please put a permenant moritorium on the mention of any reference to Jan 3 1993? PLEASE. If you were born that day then you just become one year younger. We'll make tomorrow Feb 30th just to make up for it and move on. I wanna pull my brain out my ears and puke my heart out my throat now. Thanks again for brining up that memory.

Mike
Yeah I know, and I wouldn't have even said it if they didn't air the game on NFLN about a hundred times right before and after the Superbowl, when I was up all night with my newborn. Nothing like watching Mitch Beebe make that ridiculous catch 3 times in one night.
Old 02-29-2008   #20
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont care for him.....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read