Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-03-2008   #41
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Let's get to know our new OLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Sounds like the type of player that the Texans covet. Smart, try hard, takes care of himself, acts like a professional on and off the field.

And at not a ridiculous price.
Thanks for the info.

I like what Smith is doing. This fits into it....guys who don't break the bank but play their role and improve the team and depth....again without killing the cap.
Old 03-03-2008   #42
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO Zach Diles will be the man to beat out this season @ OLB. Bentley is a fall back position.
Old 03-03-2008   #43
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
IMO Zach Diles will be the man to beat out this season @ OLB. Bentley is a fall back position.
What have you seen from Diles that automatically gives him a better shot than a 6-year vet?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #44
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
What have you seen from Diles that automatically gives him a better shot than a 6-year vet?
The fact that Kubiak has said that he should have gotten Diles on the field more last season.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #45
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
The fact that Kubiak has said that he should have gotten Diles on the field more last season.
When Kubiak says that, it usually means he's going to actively find a way for that player to be on the field more during the upcoming season.
Old 03-03-2008   #46
Lucky

Rep Power: 141386 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Sign Kevin Bentley

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
When Kubiak says that, it usually means he's going to actively find a way for that player to be on the field more during the upcoming season.
Reminiscent of what Kubiak said of Kevin Walter going into last season. I see Diles getting a real shot at a starting job this season.
Old 03-03-2008   #47
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Reminiscent of what Kubiak said of Kevin Walter going into last season. I see Diles getting a real shot at a starting job this season.
He also said the same of Chris Taylor a couple seasons ago. Although he was unable to get his chance this past season, I hope he's ready to compete this TC without injuries.
Old 03-03-2008   #48
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Rick Smith said this morning on SR610 that Diles is "penciled in as the starter" at Sam.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #49
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

never hurts to have quality depth @ all positions

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #50
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Rick Smith said this morning on SR610 that Diles is "penciled in as the starter" at Sam.
I am very happy to hear that. I think Diles has the ability to be the stud LB next to DeMeco we need.

Is his contract up in 2 years meaning he'd be a RFA?
Old 03-03-2008   #51
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post

Is his contract up in 2 years meaning he'd be a RFA?
Expires after '10 meaning UFA ... that is if he got a full accrued season last year - I think he did.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #52
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Expires after '10 meaning UFA ... that is if he got a full accrued season last year - I think he did.
Well if he proves to be the stud LB next to DeMeco that we need next season then we need to sign him to an extension!!!
Old 03-03-2008   #53
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I have seen zilch, however as other posters have commented Kubes has mentioned several times he thinks Diles is good. Some of you may remember me offering a trade scenario not too long ago with Diles as part of the package. I think the coaches have zeroed in on this youngster as a solid player for the future. His size and the way he plays reminds me a lot of Demeco and that ain't bad. Remember, Demeco took over for a multi year veteran.
Old 03-03-2008   #54
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have seen zilch, however as other posters have commented Kubes has mentioned several times he thinks Diles is good. Some of you may remember me offering a trade scenario not too long ago with Diles as part of the package. I think the coaches have zeroed in on this youngster as a solid player for the future. His size and the way he plays reminds me a lot of Demeco and that ain't bad. Remember, Demeco took over for a multi year veteran.
I think that Diles deserves a shot.

I just dont think we should count out Bentley winning the job until they have actually competed for it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #55
RipTraxx
Free Agent

Rep Power: 40 RipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respectedRipTraxx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to RipTraxx

I remember Kubes saying that Zac reminded him of DeMeco when he was a rookie. Not a bad comparison, but then it makes you wonder why only now to give him a shot. Was Clark that much better?
RipTraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #56
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
I remember Kubes saying that Zac reminded him of DeMeco when he was a rookie. Not a bad comparison, but then it makes you wonder why only now to give him a shot. Was Clark that much better?
true, i say let bentley and diles have ot out on the field and dont play favorites, position battles make the team better, odd that they would pencil diles in as the starter when they didn't give him much playing time last year
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #57
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Better??! Probably not... Experienced - yes. Between Mario, Amobi and Meco, that's already a lot of youth in the front 7.

I'm not saying that's the case, just thinking out loud....
Old 03-04-2008   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI...........Putzier just signed with Bentley's old team.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #59
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Exactly my thoughts.

Do you think Greenwood might be in trouble if one makes a better case for themselves?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #60
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Exactly my thoughts.

Do you think Greenwood might be in trouble if one makes a better case for themselves?
Possibly, but I think the general view on Greenwood is overly negative. I feel like he's a solid player and it would take a pretty great showing by Diles and Bently to knock him out of his starter role.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read