Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-29-2008   #21
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans talking to Michael Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
What a maroon.
thats not noise
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

The way I understand it Michael Turner is talking with Miami and Atlanta and that means that one of those two clubs are probably going to throw a bazillion dollars at him.

Personally, if we happened to not pickup Mewelde Moore and Lamont Jordan I'd be perfectly allright with that. I think we as fans are going to just have to relegate ourselves to having to watch Ahman Green go through OTA's, TC, and the season on the roster, and he might actually be healed this time.

I'm not a big fan of picking guys up just to pick them up, but I will trust that Smithiak knows what's up and won't get us in trouble like the previous regime.
Old 02-29-2008   #23
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
The way I understand it Michael Turner is talking with Miami and Atlanta and that means that one of those two clubs are probably going to throw a bazillion dollars at him.

Personally, if we happened to not pickup Mewelde Moore and Lamont Jordan I'd be perfectly allright with that. I think we as fans are going to just have to relegate ourselves to having to watch Ahman Green go through OTA's, TC, and the season on the roster, and he might actually be healed this time.

I'm not a big fan of picking guys up just to pick them up, but I will trust that Smithiak knows what's up and won't get us in trouble like the previous regime.
If we get a 2nd for Sage i'd like to see us use one of our top 3 picks on a RB. The draft is frighteningly deep this year, might as well tap into that resource.
Old 02-29-2008   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
If we get a 2nd for Sage i'd like to see us use one of our top 3 picks on a RB. The draft is frighteningly deep this year, might as well tap into that resource.
I would too, but I wouldn't want a reach. We could easily get an rb in any round 1 - 4 and they would be decent with this draft.
Old 02-29-2008   #25
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Felix Jones for our first pick.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #26
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Felix Jones for our first pick.
I could go for that if Mendenhall, Stewart, Rice, Charles, Williams, Albert, Clady, and all the top CB's are all off the board and nobody will trade with us.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #27
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

why felix jones?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-29-2008   #28
andre'
Bandwagoner

Rep Power: 12 andre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden coverandre' could be on the next Madden cover

really hope you guys get him. Schaub, him and andre will really make D's worry
andre' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #29
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to have Turner here. Not only does it fill a need but frees up a decision that needs to be made with our number 18 pick. Our top two needs now are CB and RB, not in that order. So then what happens if Kenny Phillips falls to 18? Filling that RB spot early could mean we take KP and still get a CB in the third.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #30
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love for us to swindle someone out of a 2nd-rounder for Sage so we could get a stud DB with the first pick and Jamal Charles with our 2nd.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 02-29-2008 at 10:01 PM.
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #31
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'd love for us to rape someone of a 2nd-rounder for Sage so we could get a stud DB with the first pick and Jamal Charles with our 2nd.
Rape....wow...couldn't come up with a different word?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #32
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9288 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamal Charles couldnt come up with a better back?
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #33
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride View Post
Rape....wow...couldn't come up with a different word?
Would "assmastered" be a better verb?
Old 02-29-2008   #34
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Would "assmastered" be a better verb?
Or maybe "cornholed"

"I don't want to go to federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison."
Old 02-29-2008   #35
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

said it before, and i'll say it again...rape is a violent, ugly word and has no place in the common vernacular. You can always say a different word, and you never know who has been traumatized.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #36
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
said it before, and i'll say it again...rape is a violent, ugly word and has no place in the common vernacular. You can always say a different word, and you never know who has been traumatized.
Valid point duly noted.

Sooooooo, have we signed anyone yet? No, I mean other than Andre'....
Old 02-29-2008   #37
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, if everyone's done crying I changed it. Jesus.

Oh, wait - I bet that's offensive too.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #38
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 32564 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Look at your avatar and read this statement and then understand my confusion.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #39
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
"You must spread reputation around before congratulating TEXANRED on finding hypocrisy"
Old 02-29-2008   #40
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
How do you know it wasn't consensual?

I wanted to post something similar but you beat me to it...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read