Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-21-2008   #1
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default LZ Report Draft Show....

I'm sorry to use this forum to promote my show, but I wanted to make sure you guys knew about it so that you wouldn't miss the first airing tonight since you guys are interested in the draft.

The show is the "Z Report Draft Show" and it is on 1560 AM from 6 to 7 PM every Thursday starting tonight.

If you have any issues with hearing it over the air, we will also stream it at 1560thegame.com. All you have to do is click "Listen Live".

If you want to stream in on your phone (provided you have Windows Media Player), you can click here: http://wmc2.liquidcompass.cc/KGOW

The first two or three shows will be taped, but the ones after that will be live and we will be taking calls and emails so I'm hoping you guys will be interested in listening and participating whether you live in Houston or not.

Today's Topics:

- Area (Texas) Draft Prospects
- QB Ratings
- Players who might be most effected by the combine
- Texans Needs
- Recent Franchise Tags

I've taken up enough space so thanks for your consideration. Now back to discussing Jonathan Stewart and "ZBS".
LZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: My New Draft Show

Lance, thanks for coming to our little corner of the internet.

Please feel free to stop by when ever, and thanks for answering all of our questions in Chron's draft chat earlier this week.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't mind the advertising if you will participate around here as well.
Old 02-21-2008   #4
LZ
Veteran

Rep Power: 5396 LZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respectedLZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Don't mind the advertising if you will participate around here as well.

I would love to.
Old 02-21-2008   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
- Area (Texas) Draft Prospects
I think as many as 6 local college products could go in the top 3 rounds:

Jamaal Charles - RB - UT (early 2nd)
Donnie Avery - WR - UH (mid 2nd)
Limas Sweed - WR - UT (mid 2nd)
Martellus Bennett - TE - A&M (late 2nd)
Frank Okam - DT - UT (3rd)
Red Bryant - DT - A&M (3rd)

The top Texas HS players in the draft are Kansas CB Aqib Talib and OU WR Malcolm Kelly, both probable mid 1st round picks.
Old 02-21-2008   #6
LZ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

The top Texas HS players in the draft are Kansas CB Aqib Talib and OU WR Malcolm Kelly, both probable mid 1st round picks.

I would probably disagree on Okam and Bryant going in the top 3 rounds, but with their size, you never know. If Sweed runs well, he'll go in the 1st. Jermichael Finley is a wild-card in this draft because some teams hate him and some like him. I've heard he's not as athletic as everyone expects so I'm interested to see where his numbers end up this week.
Old 02-21-2008   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board LZ. Will make sure to tune in. Anyway, I thought Martellus Bennett was a sure fire first rounder.
Old 02-21-2008   #8
LZ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Welcome to the board LZ. Will make sure to tune in. Anyway, I thought Martellus Bennett was a sure fire first rounder.
You have to be a pretty special tight end to go in the first. He'll probably be in the 2nd and no later than the 3rd.
Old 02-21-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ View Post
I would probably disagree on Okam and Bryant going in the top 3 rounds, but with their size, you never know. If Sweed runs well, he'll go in the 1st. Jermichael Finley is a wild-card in this draft because some teams hate him and some like him. I've heard he's not as athletic as everyone expects so I'm interested to see where his numbers end up this week.
Finley is a physical freak. He will wreck shop at the combine.

Just dont put a blocking dummy in front of him. That's where teams will be scared off.

..........oops

Last edited by bah007; 03-07-2008 at 01:43 PM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #10
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I in the minority in thinking that Martel Van Zant will be drafted late on day 2?

I'm thinking that I am, but since we're talking about players with Texas roots I thought I'd bring him up.
Old 02-21-2008   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

No Tony Hills in the first 3 rounds.
Old 02-21-2008   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
No Tony Hills in the first 3 rounds.
I think it must depend on how he's recovering from his fractured fibula he suffered 3 months ago.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #13
LZ
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think it must depend on how he's recovering from his fractured fibula he suffered 3 months ago.

He was 6'5 / 315 today so I'm sure teams are very happy to see that he's been able to keep his weight in check since he is one of the better athletes at tackle in this draft with that kind of size.
Old 02-21-2008   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board LZ and I appreciate your input.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
He's not participating in the combine (just the weigh-in) so I think that hurts him.

He is only gonna run at the UT Pro Day.
Old 02-21-2008   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Am I in the minority in thinking that Martel Van Zant will be drafted late on day 2?

I'm thinking that I am, but since we're talking about players with Texas roots I thought I'd bring him up.
The kid is a player, that's for sure.

But the fact that he is deaf is gonna scare some teams off. Whether it should, is debatable, but it will.
Old 02-21-2008   #17
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

It's showtime!

Love the theme/intro song...draft show...draft show...draft show!
Old 02-21-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Finley is a physical freak. He will wreck shop at the combine.

Just dont put a blocking dummy in front of him. That's where teams will be scared off.
At least he is honest.

Quote:
Asked about his blocking ability, Texas tight end Jermichael Finley impressed with his honesty. "It's not good at all," he said, "but I'm going to work my butt off to make it great."
http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmar...t&lid=tab1pos1
Old 02-21-2008   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board LZ and keep off my milkshake.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Welcome to the board Lance, enjoyed the show.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read