Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-28-2008   #41
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Davis re-signs

I'm glad he re-signed at all, but I wonder how much money he got...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #42
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I am glad to hear it as well. I didn't like leaving him inactive at the beginning of '07. Thought all he needed was a chance.

I was right for once....woo hoo.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #43
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Valid questions - yes!! But I only grabbed a few quotes. Some were that he absolutely had no chance of making the roster whatsoever. Some of those same people thought that 67 y/o Keenan McCardell had a better shot of making the roster.

By the same token, I am not taking any credit for being right about Davis, but I did feel like a change of scenery would do him some good. He was pretty well thought of coming out of college (at least as a second rounder), but could never really get it going in Cleveland because of injury and really didnt see much time in Buffalo or New England either.
I totally forgot about Keenan.

Personally after the Eric Moulds signing i soured on Keenan making it. Davis looked better then the other options in TC. Either way right now i am pleased enough if i had a beer I'd toast ya
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #44
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Andre Davis re-signs

Awesome, happy days in Texans town
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #45
steds
Veteran

Rep Power: 329 steds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respectedsteds is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoop whoop!

Any idea how long he's signed for?
steds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #46
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

'Tis a good day indeed. Happy to have ya' staying around, Andre!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #47
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

a nice start to free agency
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2008   #48
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This snippet from the article kinda caught me off guard. I'm not sure if it was true or not, but still, that's alot of jack.

Quote:
Davis, 28, wanted to return to the Texans rather than accept another offer, including a deal from Oakland that would average $5 million a year. Other teams were going to pursue Davis, too, including the Tennessee Titans.
Old 02-28-2008   #49
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

And the price is.....
Quote:
McGuire and Smith reached an agreement in principle today on a four-year, $16 million contract for Davis,

Davis, 28, wanted to return to the Texans rather than accept another offer, including a deal from Oakland that would average $5 million a year. Other teams were going to pursue Davis, too, including the Tennessee Titans.
link
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #50
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
And the price is.....

link
it doesnt have the price in the link. It just says multi year multi million.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #51
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Where are all those people that didn't even think Andre Davis would make the Texans roster last season....?!?
*stands up and raises hand*

Me, proving yet again why I'm not a GM.
Old 02-28-2008   #52
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
And the price is.....

link
If it happens the Texans offered him less than Oakland, I'm buying his jersey.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-28-2008   #53
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
And fathering his children!

Wait.

No, that came out all wrong.
Old 02-28-2008   #54
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
No, that came out all wrong.

(that's what she said)
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-28-2008   #55
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I agree, I might have to do the same, apparently he gave 1 mil per year to stay here. Might be a little insight to the players really getting on board with the coaching staff or he really doesn't want to be a Raider.

Either way, Thanks for staying AD!
Old 02-28-2008   #56
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

.........and don't forget 2 returns in :30 of game clock!

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271230034
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-28-2008   #57
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Awesome!

any word on Demps?
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #58
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Old 02-28-2008   #59
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans | Team re-signs A. Davis
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:09:25 -0800

ESPNews reports the Houston Texans re-signed WR Andre' Davis Thursday, Feb. 28, to a four-year deal. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #60
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

McClain's article is now re-edited to include the 4-year $16 million contract. I wonder why it disappeared and then re-appeared. Maybe it had something to do with browser cookies.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read