Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-28-2008   #1
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default SI.COM Mock Draft 3 (Post-Combine)

Here is a link to Banks' SI.com 3rd Mock draft and first since the end of the combine yesterday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt2/index.html

Notables include Rodgers-Cromartie to the Texans at #18 and the Cowboys drafting McFadden #7 overall after a trade with the Pats and Howie Long's son, Chris being taken #1 overall by Parcells and the Dolphins. And my coveted player, Sedrick Ellis DT USC, going to the Raiders at #5.
Old 02-28-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SI.COM Mock Draft 3 (Post-Combine)

lol he cant spell Limas.

Manningham before Hardy?

Flacco at 20?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #3
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am more than a little suprised he has Flacco going in the 1st round. I dont really see that happening. He has some pretty interesting picks for sure. At least he isnt just sticking with the status quo.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Notable players off the board by the time the Texans pick:
  • Jonathan Stewart
  • Rashard Mendenhall
  • Chris Williams
  • Ryan Clady
  • Leodis McKelvin
  • Aquib Talib

So yeah, I'm okay with DRC there. Might as well.
Old 02-28-2008   #5
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

After the combines a lot was said about how much Woodson has hurt himself and how much Flaco has helped himself and from I have read that he could be the number 2 QB taken after Ryan. So having him in the first is not that much of a stretch when you consider all the teams who need a QB.
Old 02-28-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect Henne to go before Flacco.
Old 02-28-2008   #7
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an interesting newish Mock.

What do you guys think of Mike Jenkins? I've seen him rated much higher than 18, and I think that's really hindered his talk here. What do you gurus think of him?

EDIT: Wow, after reading his profile here I would be ecstatic if he fell that far.
Sponsored links
Old 02-28-2008   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I expect Henne to go before Flacco.
Agreed. I think Henne could be the best QB in the draft. His attitude seems to be fantastic.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Agreed. I think Henne could be the best QB in the draft. His attitude seems to be fantastic.
The only knock I've ever had against him is that at Michigan, he would hold the ball forever, looking for the perfect play.

If he is coached up a bit & they fix that, then he could be the best QB out of this class.
Old 02-28-2008   #10
austintexanite
All Pro

I can't say that I've seen any personal film on Cromartie, and a lot of people have been talking this guy up.
Old 02-28-2008   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I can't say that I've seen any personal film on Cromartie, and a lot of people have been talking this guy up.
Most of those people haven't seen the film either.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #12
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Notable players off the board by the time the Texans pick:
  • Jonathan Stewart
  • Rashard Mendenhall
  • Chris Williams
  • Ryan Clady
  • Leodis McKelvin
  • Aquib Talib

So yeah, I'm okay with DRC there. Might as well.
Actually, he has Williams being taken at #19, right after the Texans pick. While it's not a clear-cut choice between these two specific players for me, I'd prefer to draft an OT over a CB, all other things being equal.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't worry, 99% of the board hasn't seen actual game tape of him. Most people base opinions off of crappy live feed from the combine and even a few of the devoted guys here have seen senior bowl footage, both game review and practices. It is, in actuality, extremely hard to get films without connections and it only complicates when it is at a smaller school across the country. I was promised more than a month ago to be given 2 games of film for Tennessee St. defense. I'm still waiting. It is really hard for any of us, and we are all novices at this point, so take all views and opinions of guys, especially smaller school prospects, with a big grain of salt...even mine.
Old 02-28-2008   #14
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I re-watched the Texans-Saints game last night...the thing that makes Brees a great QB, is when he does his five step drop...as soon as the back foot hits on the fifth step the ball is coming out. That's about 2.7 seconds. That's very hard to sack. Someone figures out Flaccos and Henne's foot work, they'll have themselves a prety fair QB. The thing that kills Woodson and Breenan is that they've got to wind up to get the ball out. And that my friend is a killer for a QB in the NFL.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-29-2008 at 09:18 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I re-watched the Texans-Saints game last night...the thing that makes Brees a great QB, is when he does his five step drop...as soon as the back foot hits on the fifth step the ball is coming out. That's about 2.7 seconds. That's very hard to sack. Someone figures out Flaccos and Henne's foot work, they have themselves a prety fair QB. The thing that kills Woodson and Breenan is that they've got to wind up to get the ball out. And that my friend is a killer for a QB in the NFL.
I agree

Signed,

Byron Leftwich
Old 02-28-2008   #16
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Don't worry, 99% of the board hasn't seen actual game tape of him. Most people base opinions off of crappy live feed from the combine and even a few of the devoted guys here have seen senior bowl footage, both game review and practices. It is, in actuality, extremely hard to get films without connections and it only complicates when it is at a smaller school across the country. I was promised more than a month ago to be given 2 games of film for Tennessee St. defense. I'm still waiting. It is really hard for any of us, and we are all novices at this point, so take all views and opinions of guys, especially smaller school prospects, with a big grain of salt...even mine.
this can be said about 99% of every player discussed on any message board.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you have Comcast & the NFL Network, you can watch a condensed replay of the Senior Bowl via ondemand. Cromartie gets an interception and makes a couple of plays.
Old 02-29-2008   #18
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You Tube

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #19
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
Never judge a prospect except his potential based on a highlight reel.
Old 02-29-2008   #20
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Never judge a prospect except his potential based on a highlight reel.
I didn't say to, I just posted the clip for austintexanite.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read