Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-03-2008   #61
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Bullpen letter and responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks AJ...

So if we take up a total of about 40 spots, that equals about 5%... I don't think they would care if we stayed or moved on.. We'll see - I guess...
So..... Here's my $.02... And I am not trying to step on people's feet.....

We pay an extra $150. With that, we get:
-an hour extra
-no need to line up at 6/assigned spot
-because of where our spots are, no need to buy more than one pass (because of the whited out areas and tent sharing, most only need 1 space)

So aren't you really getting you money's worth? If you were in another lot, you'd have to buy several extra passes to get as much space...?

Now, if you only have a few people, can arrive in the same car, and don't mind only using the space behind your car, I can see not wanting to pay the extra $.

*edit* However, if the price keeps rising at the rate of the last few years, then we do have a problem, and what we asked for actually phases us out.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Bullpen letter and responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

-an hour extra
-because of where our spots are, no need to buy more than one pass (because of the whited out areas and tent sharing, most only need 1 space)

So aren't you really getting you money's worth? If you were in another lot, you'd have to buy several extra passes to get as much space...?

Now, if you only have a few people, can arrive in the same car, and don't mind only using the space behind your car, I can see not wanting to pay the extra $.
I hear what you're saying and I'm on board (at least for this season). I love the fact that we get those benefits that you mention. At the end of the day, it comes down to economics. If they continue to raise the parking rates - those spots will be out of some of our budgets.

I really, really hope we can all stay where we are for the next 40 years (if I can make it that long)..
Old 03-03-2008   #63
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I edited.... at some point (and the way they've been raising the prices, soon), price > benefits
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-03-2008   #64
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

-an hour extra

*edit* However, if the price keeps rising at the rate of the last few years, then we do have a problem, and what we asked for actually phases us out.
You guys have a pretty good set up over there, would hate for you to lose something that you have turned into your very own spot, it's like losing your home.

Well over in the Orange lot, there is a big piece of grassy area that you can back right up to and use, and it doesn't require any additional pass. For those of you who have been there, you know what I mean. We have alot of area, and I have to admit, we have enough area to put up 15x20 canopies and more. Would I pay extra to keep in the Orange, yes. For that reason alone.
I have sent my letter in to the Texans backing you Bullpen people as well. I think Tradition is important, and they need to make sure they keep to their original wants, to build a section as the likes of the Dawg Pound and the Black Hole. I hope everything works out for you guys !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #65
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

So here's a question open to all-lotters: what happens if you have a usual patch of grass/parking lot/etc. that you are 100% dependent upon to set up your tailgate on (as in, you don't have extra pases), and someone beats you to it?

Or is the answer failure is not an option, hence someone being in line before 7? Not having to worry about your whole tailgate going to crap because someone is running late is why I like Platinum.

But, (correct me if I am wrong) - 200% price increase over 3 years; I think people are concerned Platinum will be $800 by 2011.... Like club level seats.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 03-03-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2008   #66
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So here's a question open to all-lotters: what happens if you have a usual patch of grass/parking lot/etc. that you are 100% dependent upon to set up your tailgate on (as in, you don't have extra pases), and someone beats you to it?

Or is the answer failure is not an option, hence someone being in line before 7? Not having to worry about your whole tailgate going to crap because someone is running late is why I like Platinum.
We are typically in line before 7 AM...why? B/C we like it...it's a chance to get things prepped and to get ready for the day. We are in virtually the same space every time. It's never an issue for us.

Last edited by texanmojo; 03-03-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: b/c my typing sucks...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #67
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But, (correct me if I am wrong) - 200% price increase over 3 years; I think people are concerned Platinum will be $800 by 2011.... Like club level seats.
If you don't line up early like texanmojo said, you can all be pretty close to each other by getting there around the same time, pick who ever has a few vehicles next to each other and tote the little stuff over you need and join them. That is what I have done, getting there at the same time makes it easy but I have gotten there about 9:00 AM and had all my stuff in a little cooler and just carried my cooler over to the tailgate I was going to. It may not be as sweet as the deal you guys have obviously, but I don't think it is too hard to be within a couple of spots of each other and if you are diligent about it you can be next to each other every time. The late comers will have to come to you though.

Certain tailgates are permanent fixtures in the same spot over there like Mojo and Texanfan2002114.
Old 03-03-2008   #68
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well other than 1 certain group we have pi** ng contests with about 1-2 times a year, honestly, we have lucked out, as we have been in the same place since day 1, and those around us have too, so therefore we have the same spot, and never have to worry about it. Kind of like an assigned spot in the area, we all respect each other and we all know who and what goes where. Then again most of us get there at 6:00am and don't have to worry about it. If it comes to it that someone beats us to it, well then we suck it up and take a different spot that doesn't crowd out the others who have spaces..Since we don't need a second pass, if we get beat out of our spot, that's just something we have to deal with, but the following game, it will be ours again !
Old 03-03-2008   #69
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Blue lot - on the grass across from the Astrodome south entrance - nice spot with one little tree. I for sure don't line up at any 0700 - but I am usually in line by 7:45 latest. We haven't had a problem getting the spot we want since day 1 and the same folks are around us, for the most part. I've often thought it would be nice not to race for our place,so to speak - but haven't been willing to spend the extra bucks. I'd miss the little tree.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008   #70
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

That's the biggest thing keeping me out of other lots - I'd be picking between leaving all my friends at home or getting a good spot every week, lol.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-04-2008   #71
hobie
Site Contributor

Quote:
That's the biggest thing keeping me out of other lots - I'd be picking between leaving all my friends at home or getting a good spot every week, lol.
You can always try tailgating in the Orange and Yellow for a game...I am sure someone in yellow can get you a pass and I know I can get one in the Orange for you. Go set up there and just see which one you might like, test drive it if you will. Then see what develops in your lot, and when time comes, you will know which lot you would prefer to go to if you decided to move.
Old 03-04-2008   #72
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I also will have an extra yellow or blue every week. I usually eat one of them.
Old 03-04-2008   #73
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Oh, if for any reason I need to bail on Platinum I know where we are going.

BUT, in the mean time, I am saying if I had to leave Platinum "my" tailgate (my portion of the Blue Crew) would cease to exist, because the people who ride with me would be unwilling to wake up early enough and/or buy an extra 4 spots for another lot for our gear. And we'd have to join on with another tailgate - but I like having our own tent, cornhole, grill and menu, etc.

So that's what I meant.

I hope price stay steady enough that more people don't jump ship.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-04-2008   #74
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yankee loves him some cornhole!!!
Old 03-04-2008   #75
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Bill got drunk and cornholed, I think there's pictures some where.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-04-2008   #76
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bill got drunk and cornholed, I think there's pictures some where.
Bill drunk at a tailgate ............ Hogwash, that never happened.
Old 04-24-2008   #77
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to Texan_Lee Send a message via MSN to Texan_Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Bill drunk at a tailgate ............ Hogwash, that never happened.
Watch out for Lightning...
Go Texans!!! Go Bull Pen!!!
Section 116 - Row D
Texan_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #78
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Rep Power: 18 Texan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden coverTexan_Lee could be on the next Madden cover

Well, this is the first I have heard about this letter, and I think it is a good thing to have someone who is interested in working with us BP members... not sure how long it will last, but so far it sounds great.

I (of course) am curious about the BP website... we will see what happens, I'm just glad we have such a large fan base, with Andy taking pics for us and also being one of the last remaining 2 or 3 "original" fan sites since the start of the Texans... and I am bringing something new to our site this season for those who are unable to join us for gamedays in Houston... I hope to have a test this weekend for Draft Day.
Section 116 - Row D
Old 04-24-2008   #79
Texan_Lee
Lost for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
I agree...If there is anyone from our corner that is thinking of leaving...

Get with us first to see if we can help keep things in our corner....
Agreed! we have been there since the first season, and will be there as long as we can!
Section 116 - Row D
Old 07-09-2008   #80
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that we all know that the front row of the opposite endzone is just way way rowdier.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read