Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-29-2008   #41
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 71355 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Bullpen letter and responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Ehhh, I don't think I can get up any earlier than I already do. I'll pay the extra $100 or $50 (how much ever more we pay).

Nor do I have a desire to have to fight for tailgating room....
It would be weird and wrong for no Blue Crew in that corner.
Old 02-29-2008   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Bullpen letter and responses

Blue is only $250?!?!

BTW, I don't want you to go, but if you do...... I might be interested in your parking PSL.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #43
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ehhh, I don't think I can get up any earlier than I already do. I'll pay the extra $100 or $50 (how much ever more we pay).

Nor do I have a desire to have to fight for tailgating room....
I agree...If there is anyone from our corner that is thinking of leaving...

Get with us first to see if we can help keep things in our corner....
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008   #44
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ditto what these guys are talking about.

We need to keep the Blue Crew, Blue Crew. I know some people that will take a spot if someone gives one up.
Old 03-01-2008   #45
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Staying put, this year anyway!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #46
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with my casual remarks. I'd hate to see the Blue Crew move, as well. But, I can't help but wonder if the Texans FO wants to cater to the corporate crowd and push the DIY (do it yourself) folks out to the perimeters. As mentioned before, it seems like the FO wants the platinum lot to be for the 11:45 arrivals, so they've got their assigned parking and all that jazz.

But hey, they listened to the fans about Bull Pen policy, as many of us put our letters of protest with you. So maybe we can do the same for the Blue Crew if they try to price you out of your historical spot. Some things just ain't right, and keeping football accessible to the little people should be something they never lose sight of in the end. Blue collar football fans has always been what this city is about. Us goat herders/yellow lot folks have your backs, too. I know you'd do the same for us if the show was on the other foot (unless it was hobie's shoe, since his high heels are custom made for his teeny-tiny feet).

Obviously, things won't be changing anytime soon, so let's just have fun one season at a time.
Old 03-01-2008   #47
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 71355 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with my casual remarks. I'd hate to see the Blue Crew move, as well. But, I can't help but wonder if the Texans FO wants to cater to the corporate crowd and push the DIY (do it yourself) folks out to the perimeters. As mentioned before, it seems like the FO wants the platinum lot to be for the 11:45 arrivals, so they've got their assigned parking and all that jazz.

But hey, they listened to the fans about Bull Pen policy, as many of us put our letters of protest with you. So maybe we can do the same for the Blue Crew if they try to price you out of your historical spot. Some things just ain't right, and keeping football accessible to the little people should be something they never lose sight of in the end. Blue collar football fans has always been what this city is about. Us goat herders/yellow lot folks have your backs, too. I know you'd do the same for us if the show was on the other foot (unless it was hobie's shoe, since his high heels are custom made for his teeny-tiny feet).

Obviously, things won't be changing anytime soon, so let's just have fun one season at a time.

I think it is supply and demand. I think there are people who want platinum but couldn't get in. If they raise the price, then it may free it up for those willing to pay the price and make more money.

But that would be bad for the character of that lot. I do think that people should politely email fanfeedback about the price increase at platinum. Those of us who enjoy it won't enjoy it so much if the fun people leave because it is way more than the other lots.
Old 03-02-2008   #48
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I think it is supply and demand. I think there are people who want platinum but couldn't get in. If they raise the price, then it may free it up for those willing to pay the price and make more money.
That's probably the nail on the head. It's probably just hard for people to believe, as the vast majority of Platinum parkers don't arrive until 10:30 or later. While we see a mostly empty lot for most of the morning, I think it's that ability to roll in just before kickoff that makes the lot worth the extra money to people.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-02-2008   #49
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think what TC and Yank said is very true, but, I don't understand why they can't move their elite parkers over to red, or Teal, and shuttle them over if they are to lazy to walk, and want to get there 10 min before the friggin game starts! There are other options than running a diehard fanbase out of the space they have been in since the beginning. It really ticks me off!!

DB! You are absolutely correct. You have our backs, and we will have yours!! There is power in numbers and I do believe the FO will listen, IF we all stand together, and give them legit, workable alternatives. Besides, there are areas in blue and orange that are much more desirable than the far corners of platinum. Designated parking can be set up anywhere they choose, they don't have to price us out of our corner. JMO!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #50
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Well GMA, think their choices were to put Platinum in Red or Blue to be next to the stadium, and well..... The rest is history...
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-02-2008   #51
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
There is power in numbers and I do believe the FO will listen, IF we all stand together, and give them legit, workable alternatives.
The irony of it all is that the Silver...err Platinum Lot was created because of a bunch of fans banding together in a similar manner. As you may recall, several of us from the '05 edition of the Blue Crew were actively involved in the petition to the front office for reserved spaces like some of us had seen at Denver and other places. Before that, I recall how everyone was fed up with the chaos of the lineup on Kirby and the fight for 'our' parking spaces every week. Hence the Cause of '05.

They gave us our reserved spaces all right - along with a 75% price increase, essentially killing the tailgate atmosphere in the lot. I think most of us were prepared for a $50 increase in parking that year - not $150. Talk about a great idea gone bad. Contact JS now and he'll probably tell you to make up your mind -- to which I'd say 'you didn't have to double the price of parking in that lot." They were listening to us, but not for the reason we thought they were listening. 'Be careful what you ask for' comes to mind.

I left Platinum in part because of the price increase, now with Blue up to $250, I gave up one of my two passes ($400 is bad enough but no way I'll pay $500 to park). I may move back to Plat, just to keep my parking cost the same as it was last year.

From my experience in Platinum, Yellow and Blue, Platinum is by far the easiest lot to get in and out. That along with the proximity and the reserved spaces make it very marketable - just not to average joes and janes who like to tailgate in larger groups. It's targeting folks who want a reserved spot close to the stadium - a spot that you can leisurely drive to at 10:30 for a noon start.

I'm glad the Bullpen thing looks like it's getting worked out. Hopefully in the near future, the rest of the lower bowl will be standing more than sitting ....

Last edited by aj.; 03-03-2008 at 03:28 AM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008   #52
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Before that, I recall how everyone was fed up with the chaos of the lineup on Kirby and the fight for 'our' parking spaces every week. Hence the Cause of '05.
Glad I never had to experience that, nor do I want to.

*lines up at blood bank*
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-02-2008   #53
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's probably the nail on the head. It's probably just hard for people to believe, as the vast majority of Platinum parkers don't arrive until 10:30 or later. While we see a mostly empty lot for most of the morning, I think it's that ability to roll in just before kickoff that makes the lot worth the extra money to people.
This is why I think we need to start a campaign to get Platinum turned into the best tailgating lot.

To do this I think we need to get the Platinum lot away from the people that want to show up at 11:30-12:30 and just have a spot up close. So we need to try and get them to have the Platinum lot stay with the opening 5 hours before the game...But close the gates 1 to 1 1/2 hours before the game starts.
This would get all of the people that want the close spots out...And allow the people that want to get in an hour earlier the chance to get into this lot.

For the past 2 years I can't think of a time that I haven't pulled into my spot in the corner of the Platinum lot at 7:00ish and seen at least 20-30 cars lined up (that have probably been there for 30-40 minutes) to get into the Blue lot. I would guess that some of those people would like to know that they didn't have to get there before 7:00am to get the spot they want.
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008   #54
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE for that. But, devil's advocate..... I think part of us getting a) a lot that opens at 7 AM and b) assigned spaces is supported by the Texans being able to sell a high % of the PSL's.

So..... Unless we convince our tailgating brethren they should pony up, we're being supported by all the people who roll in late...
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-03-2008   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

How many spaces do we take up in the Platinum Lot?? How many total spaces are there in the Platinumn Lot??

Since we probably dont take up 5% of the total lot, I doubt they care whether we stay or go... They probably figure if we pony up fine - if not those spots will be sold anyway, either for the season or per game....

Yankee, empty your PM box.... NFL-Brit????
Old 03-03-2008   #56
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

I found it, thanks Bill.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 03-03-2008   #57
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 925 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, good for you Bull Penners. I enjoy from the dark side the antics that come from the Bull Pen region, and feel welcome when I take a bit of the 3rd quarter to visit you guys.

I think we all should take a game or two out of the season and enjoy the company and tailgates from each of the lots that we all call home.
Old 03-03-2008   #58
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
How many total spaces are there in the Platinumn Lot??
x $400 = $314,800.

Look at it this way. All the Platinum parking revenue for an entire season is about the same as a Matt Schaub game check. See... it's really not that bad.

Last edited by aj.; 03-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2008   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
x $400 = $314,800.

Look at it this way. All the Platinum parking revenue for an entire season is about the same as a Matt Schaub game check. See... it's really not that bad.
Thanks AJ...

So if we take up a total of about 40 spots, that equals about 5%... I don't think they would care if we stayed or moved on.. We'll see - I guess...
Old 03-03-2008   #60
aj.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't think they would care if we stayed or moved on.. We'll see - I guess...
I was quite evident to me when they raised the price from $200 to $350 a few years ago that they could care less who stayed or who moved on.

I've talked to the man in charge a couple times about this. They had no problem selling out the lot at $350 and they will have no problem selling it out at $400. When it became reserved, they created a different lot with a different market.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read