Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-26-2008   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rick Smith, from the combine

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4196

Quote:
(on his template for evaluating talent) “There are any number of combinations of things you look for. I think, obviously, when you talk about the various positions, you have athletic quality and things you look for. You look at character. The most important thing is his body of work on the football field. We are looking for football players. We like good-character, high-quality guys who are about the game of football. How you measure all those things, you take into consideration how he plays the game, how fast he is, how big he is, what kind of kid is he off the field. You take all those things to paint a picture of a kid to see if he is a fit and can come into your locker room and play on your team.”
On another note:
Quote:
2/26/2008 Signed WR Harry Williams
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp
This is a re-sgn if I am not mistaken.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith, from the combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I loved this:

Quote:
(on who will be the Texans’ starting quarterback) “Our starting quarterback is Matt Schaub. Sage (Rosenfels) did an outstanding job in the opportunities that he had last year. If you look at the league, there were 60-some different guys playing the starting quarterback position last year. It is very, very important to have a good backup that can go in the game, that your team feels comfortable with, that you don't feel like you miss a beat when he's in the game. And we certainly feel fortunate we got a guy like Sage in that position for us.”
Sage for president fans.

I can't help but be impressed with the way Rick goes about his business.

Yes Harry is a re-sign.

Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 186 lb (84 kg)

I thought I remember him being a bigger receiver then this.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

Yes Harry is a re-sign.

I really like Rick Smith a lot. I liked what he said about Schaub and Sage. I think it would be wise to lock both of them up for a while. If Sage leaves I think it will be hard to find a guy of his calibre to replace him.

I could of swore Harry was like 6'4, 200+ lbs? Who are we thinking of?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #4
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Devin Aromashodu is 6-2, 200 pounds, maybe you guys are thinking of him. We signed him after the Colts released him, then they signed him back off of our practice squad.

P.S. Rick Smith is the man.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I loved this:

Sage for president fans.

Yes Harry is a re-sign.

Yes indeed. Rick is the freakin' man!! He will be referred to as one of the best GM's in the business in the not-so distant future.
Old 02-26-2008   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I really like Rick Smith a lot. I liked what he said about Schaub and Sage. I think it would be wise to lock both of them up for a while. If Sage leaves I think it will be hard to find a guy of his calibre to replace him.

I could of swore Harry was like 6'4, 200+ lbs? Who are we thinking of?
I think Rick Smith is going to be here for a long, long time. He has a confidence about him, that tells me he was more than ready for his job when he got it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Devin Aromashodu is 6-2, 200 pounds, maybe you guys are thinking of him. We signed him after the Colts released him, then they signed him back off of our practice squad.

P.S. Rick Smith is the man.
No. They are thinkin about Harry Williams all right.

Only pic I could find, wont fit here:

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsupdate/...amp_BTC_04.JPG
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2008   #8
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I am an HW fan. I thought (as I did about Andre Davis) that he just needs an opprotunity.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the future of the Texans is looking good.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think the future of the Texans is looking good.
not a big fan of the def coordinator, but i still think the future is bright for all of us Texans fans.
Old 02-27-2008   #11
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
No. They are thinkin about Harry Williams all right.

Only pic I could find, wont fit here:

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsupdate/...amp_BTC_04.JPG
Dunta's face is priceless. He's like "...look, a penny!" I wonder what he's looking at?

ROFL! W/ another look, so is HW's. "Ooof!"

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read