Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-26-2008   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fernado Bryant?

Don't know about him. Saw that he is a CB cut by Detroit. What are yall's opinion of him? Given our need for DBs is this a mid level guy that we may persue?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fernado Bryant?

If a DB cant hold a job in Detroit, then he's probably not NFL caliber anymore.

Last edited by bah007; 02-26-2008 at 03:40 PM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
If a DB cant hold a job in Detroit, then he's not NFL caliber anymore.
Do you think the same thing about Fletcher then?
Old 02-26-2008   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fletcher is a role player, a nickel back.

He hasnt been the starter anywhere in his career.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #5
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

He's injured far too often, I would pass.
Old 02-26-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure Smith is looking at him. I don't really know anything about him so can't comment either way- bring him in for competition I guess!

Found this funny for some reason... long Tuesday I guess...

Quote:
Hosts 15 disadvantaged youth, “Fernando’s Commandos,” during each Jaguars home game
http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=27037

Drafted in the 1st round (26th overall) by the Jaguars in '99. Lions then picked him up as a FA
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a link:http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=469035

Interesting quotes:

Quote:
Currently in Indianapolis as a first-time Lions’ coach is Jimmy Lake – Detroit’s secondary coach – and he knows exactly what he will be looking for during tomorrow’s combine workouts.

“I’m looking for body movement first,” he said. “If they have the raw skills that I see on film – body movement-wise, good hips, good speed, good ball awareness – if they have all those little raw tools that I can work with, then I know I can mold them into a very good top-level player in the NFL.

“That’s all I’m looking for. If I see a guy that I can see right away that he’s limited athletically, then that’ll definitely be a guy that I mark off my list.”

Having spent a season in Tampa Bay, Lake is also familiar with the philosophies and ‘requirements’ of defensive backs Marinelli and the Lions are looking for.

“Here’s the thing: I believe all corners fit the Cover 2 scheme,” said Lake. “If you don’t fit the Cover 2 scheme, it would be if you didn’t play with high effort and didn’t want to tackle. No. 1 – you always have to run as a corner; I don’t care if you’re playing in a two-scheme or a man scheme, you have to be able to run fast. Our corners run fast. A lot of corners in the NFL run fast.

This sounds like Leodis McKelvin or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I think it is a lock for the Lions to draft a corner. It's just about which one.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2008   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryant played for the Jags (1st rounder) and built up a decent reputation leading to a hefty contract with the Lions. Problem seemed to be that the Jags were playing "man".......so were the Lions when Mariucci was there. After Mariucci left, the Lions went to the "cover 2." Bryant began looking lost. He's a small guy........real thin, something like 5'9-5'10 and 170 or so. He's had a good many of his Lions season cursed with injuries. I think what Kubes implied is that we would playing a cover 2-like D this year. If so, because of this and all the other aforementioned points, Bryant should not even be a consideration.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Do you think the same thing about Fletcher then?
yes... have you seen fletcher?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
yes... have you seen fletcher?
Not saying he's "the answer" or anything like that but Fletcher made some plays for us in some games.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Not saying he's "the answer" or anything like that but Fletcher made some plays for us in some games.
What I'm saying. I'm not saying lets automatically put Bryant as a starter but is he someone that could come in and contribute. I'm willing to go with a veteran over a rookie this year.
Old 02-27-2008   #12
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i just remember him getting picked on faggins-like whenever he was in... not to mention he was one of the main reasons we lost the falcons game (not that it was all his fault or anything)
Old 02-27-2008   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i just remember him getting picked on faggins-like whenever he was in... not to mention he was one of the main reasons we lost the falcons game (not that it was all his fault or anything)
I remember him breaking up several catches including a couple in the end-zone. For example, in the 2nd quarter of the Denver game, Cutler went deep to Brandon Mitchell in the end-zone and Fletcher was able to get a hand on it and the ball fell out of Mitchell's hands. They ended up having to go for the field goal.

He didn't make a lot of plays but he did make a few.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I also remember he caused the fumble that Mario returned in the first game of the season.
Old 02-27-2008   #15
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I remember him breaking up several catches including a couple in the end-zone. For example, in the 2nd quarter of the Denver game, Cutler went deep to Brandon Mitchell in the end-zone and Fletcher was able to get a hand on it and the ball fell out of Mitchell's hands. They ended up having to go for the field goal.

He didn't make a lot of plays but he did make a few.

yeah i remember that- that was a nice play alright il give him that. he stuck his hand in between marshalls and broke it up

.... of course marshall had 349 receptions that game on jamar
Old 02-27-2008   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

In Game 2, against the Panthers, Fletcher also batted a fumbled ball into the endzone. Kevin "Lil' McCaffrey" Walter fell on it for a touchdown.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read