Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2008   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans' Bennett not forgetting where he came from

Quote:
MANNING -- To all those who jump to their feet and cheer as the Texans' No. 32 takes the field, the 24-year-old former Manning High School and University of South Carolina star says, "Thank you."

To all the "naysayers" who didn't think he'd make it in professional football, the starting cornerback for the Houston Texans says, "Let's play some ball."

Chosen in the fourth round of the 2007 National Football League Draft, the 123rd pick overall, Fred Bennett signed with the Houston Texans on July 26, 2007.

"It took a lot of hard work," Bennett said while sitting in his mother's living room recently. "When I first got there and saw those guys, I said to myself 'I've got to work hard.' I started as the fourth-string corner. I had no idea that I'd work my way to the top. Then I was third string, second string and then in there with first."
http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll...8898/-1/NEWS04
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 121813 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Bennett not forgetting where he came from

Quote:
"Now, therefore be it resolved that the date of Jan. 28, 2008, is hereby set aside to be observed as Fred Bennett Day," Johnson announced to Bennett at Manning City Council's January meeting. "We're proud of you, your accomplishments and the fact that you haven't forgotten your home town."
from the link
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Now if Smith can just get a starting CB in 4th round one more time....
Old 02-26-2008   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
No kidding! What a find they came up with getting Fred in the 4th. How many clubs would love to have a quality starter at CB in the 4th.

Thank you Fred for being a Houston Texan!!!
Old 02-26-2008   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans' Bennett not forgetting where he came from

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Can we clone Fred?

Or better yet, combine Fred and Dunta's DNA in a clone?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 02-26-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can we clone Fred?

Or better yet, combine Fed and Dunta's DNA in a clone?
Trae Williams in 4th and Darnell Terrell CB/FS in 5th.
Old 02-26-2008   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i think bennett is the real deal and the fact that he's a 4th rd pick convinces me that a rb should be taken in the 1st (j-stew) and db in the 3rd. sorry, this is a bennett thread, it's great to see that he's proved a lot of people wrong and made a lot of people proud.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2008   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder how much Dunta had to do with Bennett joining us?
Old 02-26-2008   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 242285 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I wonder how much Dunta had to do with Bennett joining us?

Since both came from the same program (University of South Carolina), it wouldn't be surprising if Dunta wasn't a little birdie on Rick Smith's and Kubiak's shoulder.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #10
Studdard64
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Studdard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respectedStuddard64 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Since both came from the same program (University of South Carolina), it wouldn't be surprising if Dunta wasn't a little birdie on Rick Smith's and Kubiak's shoulder.
Let us not forget that the Big Bossman, Mr. McNair, is also a Gamecock.

McNair is an albatross on the shoulder of Kubes and Smith.

Old 02-27-2008   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Knew that Dunta came from the same Uni, but not that McNair went there also.

Forget about the Denver connection, I see the University of South Carolina connection clearly now!
Old 02-27-2008   #12
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can we clone Fred?

Or better yet, combine Fred and Dunta's DNA in a clone?
Fred has a twin brutha, can he play?
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #13
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Knew that Dunta came from the same Uni, but not that McNair went there also.

Forget about the Denver connection, I see the University of South Carolina connection clearly now!
How about just a SEC connection. Just draft southern boys from the SEC or D lineman from NC.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studdard64 View Post
Let us not forget that the Big Bossman, Mr. McNair, is also a Gamecock.

McNair is an albatross on the shoulder of Kubes and Smith.

"Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some ***** killed it. Yes. I've read a poem. Try not to faint."
Captain Malcom Reynolds from Serenity
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read