Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-25-2008   #1
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Atlanta shopping DeAngelo Hall/Traded to Raiders

I wonder what they'll take?

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/sp...flip_0219.html

DeAngelo Hall's future: Coach Mike Smith wants the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback on the team. Hall, who has one-year left on his contract, recently said he wants to be back, but he won't play next season without an extension. The Falcons have not committed long-term to Hall and are exploring trade possibilities.

"DeAngelo is a top-notch talent, and we're still evaluating," Dimitroff said. "I know coach Smith definitely wants him on the team. He makes this team better."

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Atlanta shopping DeAngelo Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
http://www.ajc.com/search/content/sp...flip_0219.html

DeAngelo Hall's future: Coach Mike Smith wants the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback on the team. Hall, who has one-year left on his contract, recently said he wants to be back, but he won't play next season without an extension. The Falcons have not committed long-term to Hall and are exploring trade possibilities.

"DeAngelo is a top-notch talent, and we're still evaluating," Dimitroff said. "I know coach Smith definitely wants him on the team. He makes this team better."
I know whatever they want it will be too much. I say no! We are already missing a 2nd round pick this year that we could really use. This is a deep draft for CB, OT, and RB, but it doesn't do us any good if we trade our picks away. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #3
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasnt Hall been having "issues" lately?
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Hasnt Hall been having "issues" lately?
Hasn't Atlanta been having issues? I believe Hall and Alge spoke up against the now departed HC. Apparently they weren't wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #5
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I live in Atlanta and here is the deal the new leadership is cleaning house and I think they want all of the guys who supported Mike Vick out and that's the untold story that no one is printing in the media don't be surprised if they cut Joe Horn as well. I know that Deangelo Hall blew up on the sideline last year with the head coach Petrino and Petrino never connected with the team at all and no one respected him and the players knew that this was going to be a disaster.
Old 02-25-2008   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody watching the NFL network this weekend should know that Hall told Adam Schefter that he did not want to be back in ATL. (which is after the date of the article linked in this thread).

I'm not sure if Hall just doesn't care, or whether he's working to force an extension, but publicly claiming you hate your team (which is effectively what he's been saying for awhile now) doesn't make it easier for them to find a trading partner. It just assures that whatever your market value is will not be paid by anyone (especially when you have one year left on your contract and will be asking for ridiculous money to extend). Chad Johnson has effectively done the same thing in Cincy.

It very well could be that all these guys want is a little more love from their current team, and this is the way they go about getting it. If that's the case, it may not be too bad a way to get it. If they're truly unhappy (Which I think Hall is), and are willing to look at the big picture, they wouldn't put their current team at a clear and significant disadvantage by forcing the issue.
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #7
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 165286 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hall's always been a little too mouthy for my tastes
And he's not nearly as good as he says he is
...but that's just me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-25-2008   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...but that's just me.
Agreed to all of the above.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Atlanta doesn't like it's lockerroom makeup so they are gonna get rid of the punks.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225061 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I'd rather see the Texans go into next season with the same guys they had at the end of the year than have this guy on our team. None of us really know what he's like aside from what we've been able to discern from media reports and interviews but he strikes me as someone who responds to adversity in a bad way. Some players can be going through hell when times are tough and they keep plugging away and trying to make something happen. Others seem to vent and turn on their team and/or teammates when things aren't working the way they're supposed to. DeAngelo Hall has potential cancer written all over him. He may grow up eventually but who wants to take the chance that he'll do it in time for the 2008 season? I don't.
Old 02-25-2008   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on ESPN this morning that Hall has gone on record as saying that his chances of putting on a falcon jersey again are slim to none.

If that is true he just dumped any trade value he had for Atlanta. Teams will now hold still an wait for Atlanta to release him.

Look what happened to Carr's trade value after DRob went on cold pizza last year saying that Carr needed to be traded.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I heard on ESPN this morning that Hall has gone on record as saying that his chances of putting on a falcon jersey again are slim to none.

If that is true he just dumped any trade value he had for Atlanta. Teams will now hold still an wait for Atlanta to release him.

Look what happened to Carr's trade value after DRob went on cold pizza last year saying that Carr needed to be traded.
I think the entire NFL already knew that the Falcons were going to move him. I don't think it changes his value much. It was already littered with little red flags. Carr's value didn't change because of Drob either...Carr sucked and Drob was just one of the honest guys. Nobody wanted to trade for Carr. He went to Carolina because he had no value in a trade...way before Dunta said anything.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
...but that's just me.
That's how I see it as well. Plus a crappy attitude and he can't keep a cool head, just a spoiled punk really, maybe he will grow up down the road on someone else's team. There is no way I want him on our team, that's for sure.
Old 02-25-2008   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

D.Hall + Big Mouth + Average CB + Vick Supporter = NO THANKS!
Old 02-25-2008   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Matt Schaub and two 2nd round picks?
Old 02-25-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

It could be similar to the Matt Schaub trade. Schaub was going to be a FA the following season and instead of getting into a bidding war with other teams that want him- we thought it was easier to not take a chance and get him now + have him on our team to play.

If Hall hits FA next season and doesn't want to play in ATL at all, he could ask for a lot more $$$ than a team is willing to give up...

just guessing though.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #17
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys,

A bad attitude at one place doesn't guarantee a bad attitude at a new place. Sometimes a change of scenery & working environment is all it takes. I developed a bad attitude at a job I hated primarily because of the management. I changed jobs & have never looked back. A new environment can make a world of difference. There's no doubt in my mind that Hall has a wealth of talent & would be a sensational CB for us. Let's see if we can steal him from Atlanta. How about Faggins & TJ for Hall? I'd even throw in an 8th round pick.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guys,

A bad attitude at one place doesn't guarantee a bad attitude at a new place. Sometimes a change of scenery & working environment is all it takes. I developed a bad attitude at a job I hated primarily because of the management. I changed jobs & have never looked back. A new environment can make a world of difference. There's no doubt in my mind that Hall has a wealth of talent & would be a sensational CB for us. Let's see if we can steal him from Atlanta. How about Faggins & TJ for Hall? I'd even throw in an 8th round pick.
Hall has had a bad attitude since before the Falcons completely sucked. That's enough for me.

Maybe its just me, but a lot of the kids coming out of Va Tech & West Virginia lately have been a bunch of punks.

Vick & brother, Pacman, Chris Henry, Hall, Ernest Wilford, Jerry Porter, etc...
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not that I'm for this but just throwing this out there...

1st round pick to Atlanta for Deangelo Hall.
3rd round pick to Oakland for Michael Huff.

Pick up a Pass Rushing Specialist DE in the 4th Round (Jonal Saint-Dic Michigan St.?)

Trade Travis Johnson and Demarcus Faggins to Detroit for Shaun Rodgers.

Mario---Amobi--Shaun Rogers---Jonal Saint-Dic
Clark/Anderson/Diles -Demeco- Greenwood
Fred Bennett--- Will Demps--Michael Huff---Deangelo Hall

Dunta Robinson on IR- see how he recovers- come in nickle packages???

Gibbs does his thing with late round/ udfa Offensive Line- Kubiak does his thing with late round/ udfa running backs...and voula (sp? pronounced vwa-la)!! Pretty stout defense at least, lol

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 02-25-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #20
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Not that I'm for this but just throwing this out there...

1st round pick to Atlanta for Deangelo Hall.
3rd round pick to Oakland for Michael Huff.

Pick up a Pass Rushing Specialist DE in the 4th Round (Jonal Saint-Dic Michigan St.?)

Trade Travis Johnson and Demarcus Faggins to Detroit for Shaun Rodgers.

Mario---Amobi--Shaun Rogers---Jonal Saint-Dic
Clark/Anderson/Diles -Demeco- Greenwood
Fred Bennett--- Will Demps--Michael Huff---Deangelo Hall

Dunta Robinson on IR- see how he recovers- come in nickle packages???

Gibbs does his thing with late round/ udfa Offensive Line- Kubiak does his thing with late round/ udfa running backs...and voula (sp? pronounced vwa-la)!! Pretty stout defense at least, lol
I would have no problem with any of those moves except I dont know about Jonal in the 4th. He looked really average in the Senior Bowl (or was it the Shriner game) Maybe draft a C with the 4th Round pick and sign Justin Smith from the Bengals. We would be big on salary but something tells me we would be big on wins once things got rolling.

Great ideas pretty much across the board Ole Miss.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read