Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-24-2008   #1
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Huff available in a trade.

Profootballtalk.com reports in its rumour mill that the Raiders are shopping Michael Huff.

We have a weakness at safety, anyone keen and at what price??

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #2
Houston TexanUK
Rookie

Default Re: Huff available in a trade.

Because of his large contract, I wouldnt be hugely interested... Unless he was very very cheap in terms of draft picks.
Houston TexanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Huff would be the centerfielder we desperately need in our secondary.

He can tackel well, has okay ball skills, coverage is excellent for a safety, plus his athleticism is top notch.

Ran a 4.34 & jumped over 40 inches in the vertical at the combine a few years ago.

After all that though, his contract is way too high & he would cost too much in a trade.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to pick him up - but he must be available for a reason. He's young, skilled, and a starter. Something just plain doesn't add up here.

Also - why would the Raiders do a deal now instead of doing it on draft day?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
I'd love to pick him up - but he must be available for a reason. He's young, skilled, and a starter. Something just plain doesn't add up here.

Also - why would the Raiders do a deal now instead of doing it on draft day?
For all we know, Al Davis had a bad dream so now he's shopping Huff.

That guy is off his rocker.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #6
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

That is true. One thing I always say (and I'm not just saying that - I say this all the time when it relates to football) is that you canNOT underestimate the stupidity of the Oakland Raiders. Their fans AND their front office.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
That is true. One thing I always say (and I'm not just saying that - I say this all the time when it relates to football) is that you canNOT underestimate the stupidity of the Oakland Raiders. Their fans AND their front office.
Remember who they traded PBurnt too?

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2008   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if Oakland is actually attempting to trade Huff. But, has underachieved over his 1st 2 seasons. One forced fumble and one interception in 32 games? I'm sure Davis thought he'd get more production than that from the 7th pick in the draft.

There are also rumors that the Lions are looking to trade Roy Williams & Shaun Rogers. It's no secret that the Bears would like to dump Cedric Benson. A lot of ex-Horns could be on the move this offseason.
Old 02-24-2008   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know if Oakland is actually attempting to trade Huff. But, has underachieved over his 1st 2 seasons. One forced fumble and one interception in 32 games? I'm sure Davis thought he'd get more production than that from the 7th pick in the draft.

There are also rumors that the Lions are looking to trade Roy Williams & Shaun Rogers. It's no secret that the Bears would like to dump Cedric Benson. A lot of ex-Horns could be on the move this offseason.
They'll reunite as Titans .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
They'll reunite as Titans .
The University of Texas at Nashville? I can see that happening.
Old 02-24-2008   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders drafted an above average CB/FS and tried to make him a SS. Doesn't work with Huff, he's to small to be used like a LB taking on a TE, he's not a big hitter, but he can make an open field tackle any reciever. He's great in coverage and had good hands. He would do fine with a team that can play him at CB or FS, hell I'd love to have him. Unless the Raiders are in the mood to give him away, he'll be to pricey for us.

Last edited by hookinreds; 02-26-2008 at 10:36 PM.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Raiders need a QB...we have Rosenfels...git'r done
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #13
shawn76ers
Texan Genius

Default Michael Huff

did anybody read megan manfull article in the chronicle about us & the raiders, making a trade for Huff....he would look good in a texans uniform.
shawn76ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #14
Line_Producer
Party Rocker

Rep Power: 121 Line_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respectedLine_Producer is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Michael Huff

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans..._sound_fo.html

Allow me to summarize the blog for everyone.

"how about we trade for _______________? Wouldn't that be neato?"

</sarcasm>
Line_Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #15
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The Raiders need a QB...we have Rosenfels...git'r done
And that JaMarcus Russell kid they drafted #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #16
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Michael Huff

I say give up next years 2nd round pick for him.
Old 02-25-2008   #17
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105596 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently, Vilma is available for a trade for a 3rd rounder. I'd rather see that deal.

Though, a secondary with Dunta, Huff, Demps, Bennet, and say Aqib Talib along with an improved D-Line would put a big stopper on Peyton.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Apparently, Vilma is available for a trade for a 3rd rounder. I'd rather see that deal.

Though, a secondary with Dunta, Huff, Demps, Bennet, and say Aqib Talib along with an improved D-Line would put a big stopper on Peyton.
Vilma for a third would probably be better then anything would could get there. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni.

Huff's contract makes it hard to move him. I don't think this organization is nearly high on safety play as some of the posters are here. Far as defense goes unless someone unexpectedly drops to them like Demeco i fully expect the most emphasis to be on CB and DL.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #19
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

its simple maths

vilma + ryans < ryans+ greenwood + 3rd rd cb/ot/rb
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 136745 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Vilma for a 3rd? Do it right now. Skip all the all other BS and send the paperwork right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read