Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2008   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Zach Thomas signs w/ the CowGIRLS!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...as-sweepstakes

Quote:
The Zach Thomas sweepstakes are over.

The seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker, who was released by the Dolphins last week, has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. Thomas flew to Indianapolis on Friday to meet with owner Jerry Jones and president Stephen Jones, who were there for the NFL combine.

The move is somewhat shocking in that, at one point, Thomas had considered canceling his meeting with the Cowboys after meeting earlier this week with the Patriots and Saints.

Thomas remains in Indianapolis with his new employers and could take a physical as early as Saturday.

Thomas' family members are lifelong Cowboys fans, and that may have played a part in the decision.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Zach Thomas signs w/ the CowGIRLS!

Oh well. Doesn't matter to me. Didn't excite me much, and he is old. Won't do much for the Cowboys.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #3
WesmanTexanfan
SeNior Smack

Rep Power: 159 WesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedWesmanTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones probably hooked him up with the jack....

Thanks Texan Rocky and Brando for the Avatar and Sig!
WesmanTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #4
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha ha I knew it. It's not shocking in the slightest bit, I'm not sure what that writer is talking about.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This cracks me up. People were asking about him here and saying he could contribute still to a solid team and now people are like...Cowboys?He's old and washed up..lol. Way to go Zach.
Old 02-23-2008   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This cracks me up. People were asking about him here and saying he could contribute still to a solid team and now people are like...Cowboys?He's old and washed up..lol. Way to go Zach.
I was about to say just about the same thing.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I've always said that.

I did say he could maybe pull a Junior Seau though.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2008   #8
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kinda surprised he didn't go to the patriots.. I mean, he woulda looked like a young stud in that LB corp full of geriatrics.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
I'm kinda surprised he didn't go to the patriots.. I mean, he woulda looked like a young stud in that LB corp full of geriatrics.
He's probably thinking that all the old guy linebackers aren't gonna make the team and he doesn't want to be the one cut at the end of camp especially when the other old guys know the system better than he does.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #10
Houston TexanUK
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He's probably thinking that all the old guy linebackers aren't gonna make the team and he doesn't want to be the one cut at the end of camp especially when the other old guys know the system better than he does.
Precisely.

I am quite surprised the Bungals werent overly interested. If any team needs a locker room leader, AND a Linebacker for next year, its them
Houston TexanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston TexanUK View Post
Precisely.

I am quite surprised the Bungals werent overly interested. If any team needs a locker room leader, AND a Linebacker for next year, its them
I think their 1st round pick card already has Keith Rivers name on it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #12
Houston TexanUK
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think their 1st round pick card already has Keith Rivers name on it.
Hence the need for a leader. If Rivers is going to anchor there defense for years to come, he needs a mentor and tutor to make sure he doesnt become a... well.... Typical Bungal.

Rivers has no character issues, but he could still benefit from having Thomas to guide him through his first couple of seasons. But it may have come down to Thomas not wanting to be a mentor, still thinking he has something to contribute.
Houston TexanUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #13
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Its close to home for him and I am sure a dream come true. We'll see how it works out soon enough.

I never fault guys for going home. Randy Johnson signing with the D'Backs over the Astros never offended me.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

So I thought free agency started on February 28th or 29th? And I thought teams couldn't even talk money before then? I haven't heard of any other players besides restricted free agents being signed to deals. Isn't this some kind of league violation?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008   #15
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

It's because Thomas wasn't a free agent - he was released, and his tenure in the league allowed him to negociate with anyone and sign with anyone as soon as he'd like.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I always thought that was going to be a big reasaon why/if he didn't sign with the Pats.

On top of that.. he wanted to go to the NFC because he knew he'd never get probowl again if he went in the AFC (cuz of Demeco)!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

old and frequently concussed...can't see him making much of a difference. will be bizarre to see him in a Cowboys helmet.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I thought teams couldn't sign players until March 1st?
Old 02-25-2008   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I thought teams couldn't sign players until March 1st?
He was cut. Meaning he was coming in "off the streets". Players "off the streets" can be signed at any time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read